Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 57 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Buffpac5
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stevenp.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#33 11 years ago

One suggestion is to be VERY conscious of how you're handling the machine. Best approach seems to be having a VERY light touch on the lockdown bar, and using index or middle finger to tap the flipper buttons. Most world-class players I watch have this "light touch" when they play. Keep your feet in a solid stance so that you have a base for nudging the game with one or both hands as needed. If you're leaning on your hands or wrists, you are losing a lot of quick/accurate control (of buttons and nudging), as well as creating stress in your arms.

Another tip if you'll be playing long sessions is to wear a pair of weightlifting gloves. These fingerless gloves will soften impacts on the palms of your hands when nudging. I tried a pair with a gel palm and they were too padded--I prefer the feel of just a leather palm.Mesh backing helps keep the hands cool and comfortable too....

#38 11 years ago
    Quoted from tracelifter:

I have the same back problem.
    Try changing your stance, one foot in front and the other about 2' back and alternate.
    This lowers your center of gravity so when you nudge you are bumping the game forward instead of forward and down.
    You don't have to nudge as hard and it is easier for me anyway to keep myself from leaning on the game.

Yup, this is a good suggestion! It also brings your vision line closer to the pf, which can help line up shots. Top players tend to do this. I've been trying this myself (changing to a lower position for better view of the pf, less of an 'overhead' view) but it's hard to get used to!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stevenp.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ever-get-pinball-elbow?tu=stevenp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.