(Topic ID: 76962)

Ever get bored of pinball?

By musketd

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCN2193.JPG
    DSCN2192.JPG
    il_570xN.443280120_rqff.jpg
    There are 111 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 10 years ago

Musket<>Been in the hobby a long time and I don't know still like it, but my games just do not get the play that they would get back in the day. Any other collectors ever get in the same rutt?<>

Yep been there a few times thus sold some games. A few months later got some replacements. About ready to sell a few more to repeat the cycle.

#102 10 years ago
    Quoted from alexanr1:

that you would have a 110 outlet holding a consistently high voltage. If you were to get some sort of odd voltage spikes, that could cause an issue, although, I would expect to see blown fuses as well.

My basement gameroom is tied in to the same breaker as the dryer. I replace fuses at the breaker more often than I would like. I do sometimes blow fuses on the games, but not too often. The bigger question at the moment is why all of my controlled lamps are out on my JM. I am guessing a connection, but I is weird to have them all out without a blown fuse. It might be a rectifier as well, but the test points are good. I am sure I will find it, just a question of how long it will take.

I don't ever get board of fixing machines.

#103 10 years ago

Its not pinball but I had someone search and locate a NBA JAM 4 player cabinet for me. It was always my favorite game and when I was younger and working at an arcade, it was my go to game..... It took 4 months to locate, a weekend trip and $500 or so with the wife and kids to pick it up. I was SO excited, its so mint, I had to talk him out of keeping it!

I replaced the buttons and switches just because I felt I needed to do something to it, didnt need them though. Played it for 2 weeks straight.....

Played it once in the last six months, ended it at half-time. Guess its time to move on.

#104 10 years ago

For your NBA Jam, did you try swapping out the board to a later version of the game or a different Jamma game ? Might help renew interest.
    You didn't mention in your post about having to move the cabinet. Those 4-player cabinets are a pain to move.

#105 10 years ago
    Quoted from donjagra:

My 50v tests near 70 on all my machines, I wonder if the line is too hot.

That's normal. They call it 50V since it's about 50V AC coming off the transformer. That translates to about 70V DC after going through the rectifier and smoothing it.

#106 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pindog:

For your NBA Jam, did you try swapping out the board to a later version of the game or a different Jamma game ? Might help renew interest.
    You didn't mention in your post about having to move the cabinet. Those 4-player cabinets are a pain to move.

Believe it or not, once the control panel is removed it isnt that bad to move. I actually did buy a NBA Jam Tournament Edition Jamma board, and researched this cool remote control so you could have them both connected at the same time and switch back and forth. -Still isnt doing it for me. Guess I have the pinball bug really bad now!

#107 10 years ago

Haven't turned mine on in ages. Last time I played at all was at Chuck's Halloween party a couple months back.

Might be more than a rut. More like a chasm.

#108 10 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Haven't turned mine on in ages. Last time I played at all was at Chuck's Halloween party a couple months back.
    Might be more than a rut. More like a chasm.

You too, huh?

Was wondering why I hadn't seen much of ya lately.

#109 10 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

You too, huh?
    Was wondering why I hadn't seen much of ya lately.

Yeah, based on this thread I see I'm not alone. Another factor for me is the ever increasing toxicity of this hobby. It certainly doesn't help matters any...

#110 10 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Yeah, based on this thread I see I'm not alone. Another factor for me is the ever increasing toxicity of this hobby. It certainly doesn't help matters any...

I've been hanging out at various pin parties and get togethers with local SoCal pinheads lately, and man, nothing toxic about any of them. Good people, good times, pinball and chilling, there's more to things than arguing on forums.

And I say this as someone who's been bored at work and racked up a disgusting post count this week, so I know something about spending too much time here.

#111 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I've been hanging out at various pin parties and get togethers with local SoCal pinheads lately, and man, nothing toxic about any of them. Good people, good times, pinball and chilling, there's more to things than arguing on forums.
    And I say this as someone who's been bored at work and racked up a disgusting post count this week, so I know something about spending too much time here.

You make a good point. Guess I need to get together with the Southern Wisconsin pinball gang more often. Good people and always a good time.

It really is amazing how much things have degraded on this site over the last couple of years though. Used to be a cool place to hang out and shoot the shit with people. Now each and every thread is a total crapshoot.

There are 111 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ever-get-bored-of-pinball/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.