(Topic ID: 75948)

Ever get a game you wanted for a long time only to be disappointed?

By Max_Badazz

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 151 posts
  • 122 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Joshmx19
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

There are 151 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 5 years ago

I played Tommy back in the mid-90's at Disneyworld (Wilderness Lodge arcade) and loved it. Spent hours after the parks closed playing it all vacation. Been wanting one for years and finally got it last weekend. I've been playing it all week and have realized I don't really like it that much. I am kind of bummed since this was on my top 5 want list for a long long time. I know taste changes over the years, but I just don't find the game exciting enough. Its not an old vs new thing because I still play the hell out of Addams Family more than Tron LE, but it sucks that after all the effort, its become a stinker to me

#3 5 years ago

NBA Fastbreak. Shortest I've owned any pin. I was done with it in a couple months.

#4 5 years ago

Indiana Jones (Stern)

#5 5 years ago

TFTC. Always wanted one. Annoyed the hell outa me and I flipped it within a few months.

#6 5 years ago

T2 got it sold it within a week. The fastest I ever dumped a title.

#7 5 years ago

Tomcat F-14

I mean it was cool & all but just not the game for me when compared to my grails.

#8 5 years ago

I wanted TOTAN for a couple years... bought it and sold it w/i a month

#9 5 years ago

Xmen and Tspp, could not move them out fast enough and both felt like the more I played the more flaws I found.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from Hashman:

TFTC. Always wanted one. Annoyed the hell outa me and I flipped it within a few months.

+1, gameplay was cool enough but not the game I remembered playing on route, just got old quick!

Also Junkyard, I wanted that game for a long time, couldn't get rid of it quick enough. Still a fun game to play a few on when I see it but in my house, was not a good fit.

#11 5 years ago

TZ..........I thought it was my holy grail and I gave it up in two weeks.

#13 5 years ago

I have to agree on that one.......I've been playing TZ at people's houses for years to try and like it....I just can't get into that game.

#14 5 years ago

South Park - I really enjoyed playing it on location, but once I got one for home, I couldn't stand it.

#15 5 years ago

Hey,

I chased a WhiteWater that a fellow had for two years. I think it lasted from the end of February to the end of June? I hate the ball cracking the glass. I still cringe a bit when I think about it. Combine that with the shoot up the middle-wait for the ball to feed the right flipper-repeat 25 times hole in the rules, it really hasn't been missed.

Luke

#16 5 years ago

TZ. Bought one years ago . Could not get that pin out of the collection fast enough.

#18 5 years ago

It was GNR for me, looked for one for a long time, finally got one, spent a lot of time fixing it up, sat in my lineup unplayed for long stretches, knew it wasn't going to get any better so I moved it on.

For older games, I was very disappointed in High Hand, only wedgehead I've ever sold within months of getting, and Stargazer left me cold after going on a long trip to get one, my friends called me crazy, but what's the point it you almost have to force yourself to push play.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Xmen and Tspp, could not move them out fast enough and both felt like the more I played the more flaws I found.

Curious to know what flaws you found in TSPP?

#21 5 years ago

The Simpsons Pinball Party! Got a beautiful HUO but didn't like it after a couple months. Too clunky and way too long ball times. I love the Simpsons theme and it has tons to do, I just didn't like the game. I tried and loved to play it on location but something about it made me get rid of it within 6 months. The good thing was my machine was perfect and was the easiest game to sell with no money loss

#22 5 years ago

I didn't like TSPP music either, I thought it was not well done. call outs were decent but the soundtrack sounded plastic!

#23 5 years ago

TSPP
Haunted House
IJ
AFM

#24 5 years ago

For me it was Comet. In retrospect I had fonder memories of playing Cyclone and figured Comet couldn't be that different. I was excited to get one and couldn't sell it fast enough. I couldn't believe how boring it was.

#25 5 years ago

CV - In Nov 30, 2012, Out Jan 29, 2013
IJ (Wms) - In June 21, 2013, Out July 27, 2013

#26 5 years ago

For me, it would be RBION. I had played the game on location and always enjoyed it. Once I got one in my collection, however, I quickly tired of it. To be honest, I'm not sure why. It's got an interesting playfield layout with some very solid rules, but something about it just didn't gel for me.

#27 5 years ago

Cv, tz, xmen le, Totan

#28 5 years ago

MM, four months later it was gone.

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

NBA Fastbreak. Shortest I've owned any pin. I was done with it in a couple months.

What's really weird about that one is it's super fun at first. I played the hell out of it at one of your parties.....but then never touched at your next one.

Stargate was sort of the same way for me. I liked it but I'm such a fan of "flow & speed" that it just didn't last.

#30 5 years ago

No without a doubt, TSPP as many have already stated above. Got Old very very fast.
That one truly surprised me, as I thought I really like the game..more careful in my purchases now.
Play the heck out of one before I buy.

#31 5 years ago

No. Lucky so far.

#35 5 years ago

JM- maybe because the glove sounded like loud rusty gears when it moved. Theme was very lame. Had it for 2 days.

#36 5 years ago

Jurassic Park - loved the theme so was on the lookout for a long time. Didn't last a month.

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from teachp8:

Jurassic Park - loved the theme so was on the lookout for a long time. Didn't last a month.

I also wanted that game, my local technician warned me that the game has lots of issues. He has 3 different customers that need JP fixed on a regular basis. I have been cautious for this reason.

#38 5 years ago

Haha.. Jokerz. That and BK2K I flipped. Haven't sold any other pins all others I have kept.

#39 5 years ago

TOTAN and Mach 2.

I was also very disappointed with NF, but it wasn't a game that I always wanted, it was just part of a package deal.

#40 5 years ago

+1 on the TOTAN, wanted it as it looked so good and played a few times, got it and needed to move it within a week. Fastest machine in and out !. It was too easy.

#41 5 years ago

TFLE - I'm a huge Transformers fan as I love the movies and still collect the toys, but after playing the Pro at friends and thinking I really liked it and had to have it, once I got the pin I couldn't stand it. The rules didn't excite me at all and all of the modes seemed identical so it stayed a month and I traded it away. Very disappointed to say the least.

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from Ninefingers:

JM- maybe because the glove sounded like loud rusty gears when it moved. Theme was very lame. Had it for 2 days.

So you're basing that on a broken pin? (In reference to the glove......you already knew the theme was lame....to you.)

#43 5 years ago

I hadn't wanted it for a very long time, but F-14 left a couple months after it came in. It wasn't as much fun as I remembered, but that may have because it was just too damn fast and frustrating for me.

#44 5 years ago
#45 5 years ago

Star Wars Episode 1 kit. Interesting for a brief period but tired of it quickly. Unfortunately, the kids really liked it the most and so my RFM playfield sat to the side while Star Wars was in my P2K cabinet. Switching playfields was not hugely difficult, but you aren't going to play 2 games of Star Wars and then switch to play 2 games of RFM.... so there sat RFM.

#46 5 years ago

TOM - lasted 3 weeks

Batman Forever - lasted 3 weeks

SWE 1 - 2 months

Most other games I have been pretty happy with except x-men but I am waiting on code on that one

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

So you're basing that on a broken pin? (In reference to the glove......you already knew the theme was lame....to you.)

Just my opinion- please don't take personally.

#48 5 years ago

Judge Dredd. Remembered liking it when it came out. Always wanted one, got a really nice example of the game and wanted it gone within a few days. And I usually like any machine.

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

Judge Dredd. Remembered liking it when it came out. Always wanted one, got a really nice example of the game and wanted it gone within a few days. And I usually like any machine.

I had a similar experience with JD. Had a super clean example, but couldn't wait to get rid of it.

#50 5 years ago

SWE1.. uuughh

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
4,225 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wisconsin Rapids, WI
There are 151 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside