4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by cyberslunk
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wayout440.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 4 years ago

All those things about addiction and the big problem....yes. I lost my daughter this past summer.

As far as the pinball part goes, and really any hobby in general: if its not making you happy then that is not the time to be doing it. I tried going fishing, after my daughter passed. I couldn't even see the lake through my tears. There are times of pain and times not, and my life continues to march on. I still have other children, family, and friends, and am blessed every day that I still here for them. Now my wife and I are planning the next chapter in our lives and I have just sold a majority of my collection, just taking two to the new home. I am not even going to question what my next phase of pinball will be, or whether I will play them. My joy is more under the hood than playing anyway.... and the two I am keeping, they'll be there for family and friends, or myself - for when the time is right.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wayout440.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ever-fall-out-if-live-with-the-hobby?tu=wayout440 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.