• Latest reply 10 years ago by Choggard
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

th-258.jpeg
image-973.jpg
There are 181 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 10 years ago

Any game can be made fun again by competing on it.

#152 10 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

LOL... the thrill of the hunt had a whole new meaning that day....

I honestly did feel a little uneasy about that whole situation. It kinda had a pulp fiction gun store scene meets deliverance kinda vibe going on.

#153 10 years ago

Xenon! It's the best machine if you don't play it. Looks great. But it's a turd.

#154 10 years ago

Junkyard. Was fun for a little while but got old real quick. Too many video modes and always the same.

#155 10 years ago

Funhouse , Champion Pub , Family Guy , all got old real quick for me . Still fun games but not pinball at its best from my point of view . So many other fun pins to play so they had to go and quick too .

#156 10 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

I honestly did feel a little uneasy about that whole situation. It kinda had a pulp fiction gun store scene meets deliverance kinda vibe going on.

Can you please elaborate or post a link to the thread, if there is one? This sounds VERY interesting! For humor purposes, of course!

#158 10 years ago

Another machine that I'm surprised has come up repeatedly is Funhouse.

#159 10 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Once I had it for a while, I was over it. It's a game that feels pretty limited when it comes to shots. There just isn't a feeling of a whole lot to do.

#160 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Once I had it for a while, I was over it. It's a game that feels pretty limited when it comes to shots. There just isn't a feeling of a whole lot to do.

I've never owned one, so having it at home and playing the crap out of it isn't a luxury I've had. But I always liked the game when I did get a chance to play it. My kids don't really like Rudy, but I liked when he would spit out the ball and go "blahhhh", but I'm weird.

#161 10 years ago

Yeah..I have a FH, it's a winner with almost all novice players...I still have fun playing it but it has to be a week or so in between sessions.

#163 10 years ago
#164 10 years ago

I agree with RS and FH for daily replay meh, but they are so interesting to me, they will never leave the collection. But I also play them one weekend every 2 months to keep my games fresh.

All games get boring over time. However, RBION, FRANKY, JP and DemoMan get a lot of plays lately.

#165 10 years ago

All pins made me go meh.. until AC/DC LE. Now I don't even think about buying games even at a killer price that I would usually jump on. Finally found the game I've been searching for,for the last 15 years. Metallica is my favorite band since I was 15,but still can't beat AC/DC LE.

#166 10 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

All pins made me go meh.. until AC/DC LE. Now I don't even think about buying games even at a killer price that I would usually jump on. Finally found the game I've been searching for,for the last 15 years. Metallica is my favorite band since I was 15,but still can't beat AC/DC LE.

I feel like that about Tron, but I agree AC/DC is one of the best Sterns in a long time. Btw, I'm not a fan of the band.

#167 10 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Ditch the creepy head and upgrade to Tron!

#168 10 years ago

Lovers will hate, but that was my case with TZ. Bought a few mods and installed them as soon as it arrived. Spent 4 days trying to love it...6 days later, sold it for a loss. Spoiled by Tron, it was just too slow of play for me. Did like the theme and still do but not for me.

#169 10 years ago

All this TZ non love has me baffled! This game built my love for pinball! It's cemented into the floor of my game room & always will be. If you ever see it in a FS ad on pinside you'll know I've finally lost it,or bad,very bad things have happend in my life.

#170 10 years ago

JP, Highspeed, I really wanted to like both but just couldn't get into them..

#171 10 years ago

I've had a Stargate for about 2 months now that I'm not really enjoying. It's in good condition but will likely be for sale soon.

#172 10 years ago
Quoted from jkroeck25:

I've had a Stargate for about 2 months now that I'm not really enjoying. It's in good condition but will likely be for sale soon.

Do you know the ruleset yet? That should help. SG is a different beast (esp since the flips travel 15 degress more than B/W, but a great game. Give it more time and rebuild your flips if you can't make the ramp shots with normalcy.

#173 10 years ago

Junkyard.

Funhouse (odd, because I love the theme and still want one)

Xenon

CV

Black Knight

Cactus Canyon (base code)

TZ

#174 10 years ago

Only one game really disappointed me after purchase and that was Gottlieb's 1973 "High Hand". 16 drop targets, wonderful backglass artwork, gameplay..... meh! Knock all the targets down and there is nothing to shoot for except the centre kickout; the targets don't reset at all during the game. Add-a-ball version would be better methinks.

#175 10 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

junkyard.
Funhouse (odd, because I live the theme and still want one)
Xenon
CV
Black Knight
Cactus Canyon (base code)
TZ

I don't see any of those games in your history.

#176 10 years ago

Im surprised that CV gets a lot of hate,

#177 10 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I don't see any of those games in your history.

My bad - I misread the title.

Of the ones I sold, only High Speed fits in this thread. F-14 is one I sold because my wife and I both went "meh", but now I regret doing so.

#178 10 years ago

big guns. lasted 3 months

#179 10 years ago
Quoted from woz:

Only one game really disappointed me after purchase and that was Gottlieb's 1973 "High Hand". 16 drop targets, wonderful backglass artwork, gameplay..... meh! Knock all the targets down and there is nothing to shoot for except the centre kickout; the targets don't reset at all during the game. Add-a-ball version would be better methinks.

I almost made a mistake of buyign this machine in collector quality condition. It was a ton of money and in perfect condition. A fellow pinhead stepped in and told me about the "nothing to shoot for" after all the targets are down...Screw that. It quickly dropped off my pinball want list.

#180 10 years ago
Quoted from woz:

It's a damn shame. High Hand is a great game.. Up until that one moment.

Capt. Card is infinitely better for that reason.

1 week later
#181 10 years ago

Another game that I didn't care for was Arena.. Very strange game..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 12.95
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Commack, NY
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 181 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ever-buy-a-pin-and-then-gomeh/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.