• Latest reply 10 years ago by Choggard
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

th-258.jpeg
image-973.jpg

There are 181 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 10 years ago

Who Dunnit has some nice aspects,but that wide clunky elevator ramp was enough to let it go.

#102 10 years ago
Quoted from dbeeson:

But you gotta get there with 10 artifacts...2 billion off the bat then every shot is 250 000. If you haven't done this yet, I suggest you make it your new goal!

Thanks,

That will be my new goal.

#103 10 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

Thanks,
That will be my new goal.

Also, get rid of those Outlane extenders!!

#104 10 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

What seems to be funny is how many machines are not mentioned yet here. Lots of the same ones mentioned, many that often go 4-5k.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! That's a well kept pin-secret!

Honestly, it is kind of sad that all of Jpop's pins seem to come up most frequently in these discussions. Awesome art (usually), unique layouts and toys,often flawed or "easy" rules. They seem uniquely able to stir the interests of non-pinball folk and new pinball folk alike, but are not challenging enough for diehards with small collections.

Its a conundrum. That being said I would gladly pick up a ToM, CV and Totan just to stare at, and would season with a WCS just to pound the ball into the Gooaaaaaaaal if money and space were not an option. They are all works of art, and represent the best of what pinball can be, they just are not the hardest games out there hence my CV is an IM

#105 10 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Picked up a really nice WWF Royal Rumble 6 weeks ago, shopped it and played it steady since then and just can't get into it. I really want to, and I watched these guys back then ( Hogan, Savage, Undertaker, etc. ) but I'm just not *feeling it*.
I keep thinking this would have been a great candidate for a different theme, plus call outs and music. I love the difficult shots and mini-playfield, but I think JP would have been better as a wide body. Maybe I need to give it more time.
Trades?

Seriously, who thumbs a post like this down... "you two need to get a room"

#106 10 years ago

I'm gonna get murdered on this one:

TZ - Just never did it for me. Got LITZ for the first time, the night before I sold it.

AC/DC Premium - Really liked it at another guys house, at home, it's fair. Plays better with SuperBands though...
For Sale! Please buy it!

#107 10 years ago

Elvis....wasn't very hard of a game and got boring quickly. No Fear was another...kind of an easy game to play and I got bored quickly. Bad Cats rounds out the list....didn't last long in the collection...got bored quickly too

#108 10 years ago

"Ever buy a pin and then go..."meh"..."

every single one. It's just a matter of time.

#109 10 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Well I have only 1 machine in my collection and the word 'Meh" hasn't been uttered
yet. I'm sure as the collection grows there's a possibility the word will pop up.
That said it sure is interesting to see the varied opinions. Just shows pinball is
a personal thing. What one person loves about a game another hates.
Play a machine a lot before you bring it in to the house.
Also forget what everyone else thinks and get a machine YOU like.
Just like buying a car.

image-973.jpg 79 KB

I wanted to like that image, but it's strictly meh. Especially with the errors - you'RE, nEUtral, and attenTion.

#110 10 years ago

Sharkeys Shootout, what a boat anchor that was!
Couldn't offload it quick enough, I still get shudders when I think about that pile of crap.

#111 10 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

I'm gonna get murdered on this one:
TZ - Just never did it for me. Got LITZ for the first time, the night before I sold it.
AC/DC Premium - Really liked it at another guys house, at home, it's fair. Plays better with SuperBands though...
For Sale! Please buy it!

I had a really nice TZ and was happier when I sold it than when I got it.

#112 10 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

"Ever buy a pin and then go..."meh"..."

loll, so true!

#113 10 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Let me know when you want to "meh" your TAF my way...

#114 10 years ago

I like this thread i do agree with many of the people here that some of these machines regardless of price just suck. But for some reason others just can't get enough of them. I myself have pretty much deadpanned most of what has come out of stern but this frees up the stuff i want. So far only sterns i want are Potc,AC/DC.
Simpsons party,NASCAR,Elvis,family guy,south park If ever get a game room set up and need some fun filler.
Waiting to play Metallica,Star trek.

#115 10 years ago

Fish tales and Roadshow. I love to fish and I love to drive around the country, but both pins for me....meh

#116 10 years ago

I see Roadshow mentioned a lot, it's not too bad of a game, if only there were a few different things going on it probably would be higher up the popularity list. It's been quite a while since I played one, but I remember not liking the music most. What other annoyances are there with that game?

#117 10 years ago

For me it was SM that was my most recent "Meh" game. Not bad, just found myself getting bored and wishing the game was over most times. Junk Yard got old very fast too.

Seems when I fall in love with themes I get that "Meh" feeling more often then not.

#118 10 years ago

Sad to see so many people saying RS.

After RobT not shutting up about what a great game it is I finally purchased one and will be picking it up in 2 weeks.

I sure hope it does not give me the meh feeling. I honestly do not know the game very well but like the layout and am very excited to learn a new game. I also love Lawlor designs and am looking forward to the widebody!

#119 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

After RobT not shutting up about what a great game it is I finally purchased one and will be picking it up in 2 weeks.
I sure hope it does not give me the meh feeling. I honestly do not know the game very well but like the layout and am very excited to learn a new game. I also love Lawlor designs and am looking forward to the widebody!

I was pleasently surprised by it when I played it last week. Tons of stuff to do

My "meh" game is Dredd...I just couldnt justify keeping it at the price I could get for it. So many other games I would rather have at the 2k mark.

#120 10 years ago

Same here. Gone in about a month. Played it several times since, good riddance.

#121 10 years ago

Games that I wanted gone in less than a month- NGG- bought on hype had one fun shot , Getaway- one fun shot, RCT worst call-outs ever ,RS- lots of good shots that were not that fun bad call outs, WCS- Worst backglass ever and too easy goal,goal,goal,and goal, Ripley's -just boring all around, SG- My 3rd pin really fun for 2 weeks then realized there were 80 pins way better. Teed Off -got it really cheap and found out why ,easily the worst game out of the 34 i have owned. All these are too ugly and had to have great gameplay to stay which was not even close.

#122 10 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

For me it was SM that was my most recent "Meh" game. Not bad, just found myself getting bored and wishing the game was over most times.

Pretty much what I thought as well for SM.

#124 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I finally purchased one and will be picking it up in 2 weeks.

you suck.

#125 10 years ago

Wanna trade for BSD if I 'meh' on it quickly

#126 10 years ago

While I get that some people might Meh a TAF, I've always found it to be a pleasure to play. It was my 3rd pin and I've shopped/restored it twice since I got it in 1997. But I actually do understand not liking it. I could see it getting old.

#127 10 years ago

I think people get burnt out on RS because of how linear it is. I honestly can't stand starting out at NY every single ball, so I forego the skill shot, try to get some multipliers until I get the city to change.

It would be nice if someone would rework that code to make the city selectable in some other way. Still, there are times I do like progressing through the country. It makes those western cities that much more intense because of how infrequently I make it that far.

I like the music for the most part, save the Carlene Carter multiball song...

I'd have to choose Gorgar as my own personal "meh". I really wanted that game, loved the art, got it, and was disappointed at how it actually played.

#128 10 years ago

I agree with another that said Black Knight. I had to have one, had fond memories of playing it, but I found it clunky and boring.

#129 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Roadshow is, IMHO, Funhouse 2.0 It's a great Lawlor design with some very interesting shots on it.

My biggest problem with the game is the country music, especially the Post-jackpot Carlene Carter stuff. Many people also do not like that the modes are so linear. There are three different routes through the USA, but you always start with either NewYork or Miami and work your way down the modes from there.

We've had a few of them over the years. Currently we have one I plan to keep.

#130 10 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I think people get burnt out on RS because of how linear it is. I honestly can't stand starting out at NY every single ball, so I forego the skill shot, try to get some multipliers until I get the city to change.
It would be nice if someone would rework that code to make the city selectable in some other way. Still, there are times I do like progressing through the country. It makes those western cities that much more intense because of how infrequently I make it that far.
I like the music for the most part, save the Carlene Carter multiball song...
I'd have to choose Gorgar as my own personal "meh". I really wanted that game, loved the art, got it, and was disappointed at how it actually played.

Um, the cities *are* selectable in Roadshow. Check out the color of the ring around the next three city's inserts. Then hit a target that is that color. Presto, you've just switched to that city.

#131 10 years ago

Stargate, and to a lesser degree, No Fear

#132 10 years ago
Quoted from GaryMartin:

Um, the cities *are* selectable in roadshow.

Quoted from Deaconblooze:

It would be nice if someone would rework that code to make the city selectable in some other way.

I meant more along the lines of something like LOTR, TSPP, etc, where you can cycle your flippers to select the next destination, and not just between 2 options.

#133 10 years ago

Only the first pin I ever bought was a 'meh.' It was a Ro Go in '82; cosmetically beautiful (at least a 9), but after I fixed it, it was boring as hell. (Nothing to shoot at, even for an EM!) Price was right at $75 and I traded it even-up for a more-worn Gold Strike that same year (which I still own and enjoy), so it all worked out well.

#134 10 years ago
Quoted from chalkup8:

WHO dunnit has some nice aspects,but that wide clunky elevator ramp was enough to let it go.

You just reminded me of Hurricane. That double ferris wheel takes so long it makes you crazy. Then there's that big ramp that goes around the bottom of the playfield -- after a number of shots the flipper gets too weak to make the ramp consistently.

Quoted from StevenP:

Only the first pin I ever bought was a 'meh.' It was a Ro Go in '82; cosmetically beautiful (at least a 9), but after I fixed it, it was boring as hell. (Nothing to shoot at, even for an EM!) Price was right at $75 and I traded it even-up for a more-worn Gold Strike that same year (which I still own and enjoy), so it all worked out well.

And you just reminded me of Atari Space Riders. Not an EM, but wow, nothing to shoot for.

Bill

#135 10 years ago
Quoted from Foo:

Let me know when you want to "meh" your TAF my way...

it takes a Lawlor to get a Lawlor.

#136 10 years ago

Yes, Austin Powers and The Getaway:HS2.

#137 10 years ago

This is why I always set my games to hard, disable extra balls and open the outlanes as wide as possible when I first get them. Makes them much tougher to beat, IMHO. MB, for example, is not easy with no extra balls and wide open outlanes...

#138 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Wanna trade for BSD if I 'meh' on it quickly

i'd have to get the blessings to do so from the Beard Bros. I don't know how trade offers effect dibs...

#139 10 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

For me it was SM that was my most recent "Meh" game.

I'm not real big on Spiderman either.

#140 10 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

i'd have to get the blessings to do so from the Beard Bros. I don't know how trade offers effect dibs...

Thise guys never sell anyway. You could blackmail them with a dibs trade request

#141 10 years ago

My SF2. I did enjoy it for a cup of coffee then BAM, no thank you. Kids were sad to see it go but it went to a fellow pinsider.

#142 10 years ago

I almost got that SF2 from you. Might have been for the best. Anyways for me it is Funhouse. I have tried and tried. Also Cyclone, I just don't get the allure of this one. Blah

#143 10 years ago
Quoted from lukerp:

WhiteWater. BIG glaring hole in the rules (River letters) meant it went out he door after a couple months.

I feel the same way about WW. It's so linear in nature that it becomes tedious to play.

ToM was also a "meh" game. Gorgeous artwork, and fun flow, but the game just appears to be nothing but loops over and over.

There was a Silverball Mania in the Houston tournament that I did well on after figuring out this widebody has one simple shot that you can make over and over that eliminates the need to hit anything else. Meh.

#144 10 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

it takes a Lawlor to get a Lawlor.

How about a Nordman and some green backs?

#145 10 years ago
Quoted from Foo:

LOL.... Dave has the TAF I sold and Paul has the Hurricane..... I should just put these machines up into a drawing system and pick winning numbers....

So having previous conversations with both of you, Paul, your NGG is safe (that isn't the Lawlor he wants- he has a thing for WW), and Dave, Paul won't let his NGG go...

#146 10 years ago
Quoted from Foo:

Oh and Paul, if you do strike up a deal with Dave on a machine, cut him a decent deal, he helped me get your Hurricane out of a very real "Deliverance" style scenario. He sure had purty lips.

#147 10 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

he helped me get your Hurricane out of a very real "Deliverance" style scenario. He sure had purty lips.

#148 10 years ago

LOL... the thrill of the hunt had a whole new meaning that day....

#149 10 years ago

th-258.jpegth-258.jpeg

#150 10 years ago

You guys already stole my thunder but yep TZ was no fun, nor TSSP. I had STTNG, love the theme but it was kind of repetative to me, Black Knight was one the ones I grew up with, I bought it and spend a bunch of money semi restoring it and sold it at a loss. RS didn't do it for me either. However some of the dogs that most don't like are fast becoming my favorites, JM, DM, FT and RBION.

EDIT: forgot to add TAF, great call out and design but....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 33.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 181 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ever-buy-a-pin-and-then-gomeh/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.