5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by okorange
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Score Extra Step Patent.pdf (PDF preview)
    MM 5 (resized).JPG
    MM4 (resized).JPG
    MM 3 (resized).JPG
    MM 2 (resized).JPG
    MM 1 (resized).JPG
    Multi vs Merkle (resized).JPG
    20180913_105907 (resized).jpg
    20180913_123943 (resized).jpg
    #1 5 years ago

So the game room remodel is complete and now I am cleaning up my Laguna Beach before bringing it in. Trying to get some of the bar smell our. The wife will like that.

So I am wiping down and wiping out and I noticed this on the mixer unit. Aren't these fingers supose to be in the grooves? I thought they provided ground. Please help me straighten this puzzle out.

20180913_105907 (resized).jpg20180913_105907 (resized).jpg20180913_123943 (resized).jpg20180913_123943 (resized).jpg
    #2 5 years ago

Frank I "thing" your right!
    The arms should be in the grooves.
    From the pics it almost looks like the arms
    are to short.
    It may also be the angle of the pic, BUT, the whole
    mixer assembly seems crooked???
    Mine was until I went with a different motor(and shaft)
    I went to a Multi motor, the Merkle has a smaller shaft,
    so the coupling was flopping around in stead of a nice
    firm fit!!
    Terry K
    See pic
    Merkle on the right

Multi vs Merkle (resized).JPGMulti vs Merkle (resized).JPG
    #3 5 years ago

Here are a few pics of my mixer setup.
    TK

MM 1 (resized).JPGMM 1 (resized).JPGMM 2 (resized).JPGMM 2 (resized).JPGMM 3 (resized).JPGMM 3 (resized).JPGMM 5 (resized).JPGMM 5 (resized).JPGMM4 (resized).JPGMM4 (resized).JPG
    #4 5 years ago

Terry,

These fingers I 'thing' are long enough. They need to be adjusted. The placement in question is on the top of my door.

#5 5 years ago

I would think that your fingers should be in the same location
    as mine(I'm talking about the Bingo machine).
    Is it my imagination or is the mixer shaft out of shape
    in the middle?
    Does or is your mixer motor mounted in/on a bracket
    like mine?
    TK

#6 5 years ago

I think it was just the picture...optical illusion.

#7 5 years ago

Bingo games require too much thinging.

#8 5 years ago

That's a cheap hack to prevent the score extra step relay from firing. Bend 'em back and you're good to go (after some light cleaning). I use a piece of twine to floss those grooves, and lightly scrub the fingers with alcohol on a green scotch brite.

#9 5 years ago

just to be pedantic

those two slip ring wipers connect the score extra step pulse switch 4A - the little guy with the roller on the end between the two metal cams at schem F28 - to the rest of the game.

as bpc said, with those slip ring wipers bent up, you don't get scores jumping more than one level per cycle. The cams are doing their thing, and the roller may be going over the bumps to make switch closures, but it doesn't help if the switch is not connected to the circuit.

bending up the slip ring wipers or misadjusting open a score extra step relay switch is the easiest way to disable score extra step functionality.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/even-the-new-guy-things-something-isn-t-right?hl=terry1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.