Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by mmuglia
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

YEAH

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#2 11 years ago

I get it.

So after Metallica, I guess Stuart will get his Winger pin?

#3 11 years ago
    Quoted from AdamTheGamer:

I get it.

Well, Kip Winger would buy one. And Reb Beach too, probably.

He plays in Whitesnake now, don't you know ....

rd.

#4 11 years ago

I'm just glad Stern is in tune with what the kids are listening to these days. These were old bands when Beavis & Butthead aired in the 90's. Its 2013. I'm getting grey hairs & even I consider these bands a little before my time.

#5 11 years ago

But what current popular band would bring in the sales figures for Stern? Metallica is a sure thing.

#6 11 years ago
    Quoted from robx46:

I'm just glad Stern is in tune with what the kids are listening to these days. These were old bands when Beavis & Butthead aired in the 90's. Its 2013. I'm getting grey hairs & even I consider these bands a little before my time.

The "kids" are not the ones plunking down 1/7 of the yearly median US household income to get the chance of buying Stern's next pin sight unseen.

So why the heck would Stern be marketing towards them?

Affluent comic/movie/music nerds (i mean "afficionados") seem to be demographics that exist and intersect with pinball, so may as well milk that for all its worth.

Beat the horse to death, then eat the horse. I am not saying its a smart business plan, but it seems to be working for Stern. Plus they have failed miserably as close as anybody can tell when they try anything new (see "The Pin"). May as well keep doing what you're doing, until it clearly does not work again.

#7 11 years ago

You are right. I'm not saying Stern is doing the wrong thing business wise, but just that it might not be the best thing for the future of the hobby.
    I'm hoping since they are doing a little better financially these days, that maybe they can cut out this sort of shit for a while & help out the hobby & try to get some kids hooked.

Somebody over there needs to grow a pair & take some risks. Look at it as an investment for the future.
    If back in the 90's none of the pinball makers decided to change, & never moved on from numerical displays & didn't explore ramps & mechanical toys.... I never would of been interested in pinball. It was the new fangled stuff that sucked me in. Along with great original themes (ToM, AFM, FH). If they would of slapped a Rolling Stones theme onto ToM, trust me I never would of plopped a quarter into it.
    Stern needs to find their DMD & some creativity, & the aforementioned balls.

#8 11 years ago

copy and paste.

#9 11 years ago

freakin Winger Man

#10 11 years ago

Jackass pin I'd buy NIB.

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from BC_Gambit:

The "kids" are not the ones plunking down 1/7 of the yearly median US household income to get the chance of buying Stern's next pin sight unseen.

You're exactly right! The gullible fools are!

*flame suit on*

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

Jackass pin I'd buy NIB.

What if it finally came with a hand that came out of the coin door for the "junk punch" double super jackpot!.

And the flippers shocked you if you chimp flipped.

And someone came up from behind and randomly shaved off a chunk of your hair or dusted you with flour during one of the modes.

The game could dispense some random piece of grossness and if you eat it, you get an extra ball.

Really, a Jackass pin could take it to a whole 'nother level and get "kids" interested in pinball again

1 week later
    #13 11 years ago

Brendon Small of Dethklok (Metalocalypse) fame voice "Sparky" and Snake. Other custom voice work by James and Lars.

#14 11 years ago

No one would buy a shitty band like nickelbacks pin despite their album sales.

Stern is smart acdc and Metallica are both pinball home runs.

#15 11 years ago

...or the best of both worlds...a "Cornholio" pin, with both Metallica and AC/DC music to accompany it!!

Ummmm....just kidding.

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from BC_Gambit:

The "kids" are not the ones plunking down 1/7 of the yearly median US household income to get the chance of buying Stern's next pin sight unseen.So why the heck would Stern be marketing towards them?Affluent comic/movie/music nerds (i mean "afficionados") seem to be demographics that exist and intersect with pinball, so may as well milk that for all its worth.Beat the horse to death, then eat the horse. I am not saying its a smart business plan, but it seems to be working for Stern. Plus they have failed miserably as close as anybody can tell when they try anything new (see "The Pin"). May as well keep doing what you're doing, until it clearly does not work again.

Thank goodness. Otherwise we might have a Bieber pin

#17 11 years ago

To get kids they need to do Angry Birds or Legos.......or even Hot Wheels. Metallica was a good choice. As long as it plays good with a code we know should be good with Lyman at the helm..........this pin will do just fine.

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from robx46:

You are right. I'm not saying Stern is doing the wrong thing business wise, but just that it might not be the best thing for the future of the hobby.
    I'm hoping since they are doing a little better financially these days, that maybe they can cut out this sort of shit for a while & help out the hobby & try to get some kids hooked.

This whole "get kids hooked" thing is misguided. Arcades are IRRELEVANT to kids. No piece of coin op equipment is going to impress kids vs. their home and portable entertainment options. Kid's coin op is purely gambling devices for prizes and tickets. Pinball and vids are niche at this point. What Stern is doing makes absolute sense...make games for the people who CARE about pinball and will pay stupid money to own them. Like me. That being said, I hope they make an Adventure Time pin - as that would appeal to me and kids...but - kids still won't flock to arcades to play it nor will they be able to afford one for their home.

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from AdamTheGamer:

I get it.

Yes, And then I'll have to hear how F*@#iung sweet Winger was...you know man...like when we all used to get down with Winger!

#20 11 years ago

A Beavis & Butthead pin would would be a fun concept with hilarious sound bites. You get a high score and Beavis tells you "nice score ass munch".

#21 11 years ago

Classic!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/even-beavis-and-butthead-know-the-cool-pins-from-stern and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.