• Latest reply 5 years ago by Quench
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190203_111413 (resized).jpg

#1 5 years ago

My stationary targets on my EK have stopped working. It is the two at the top of the playfield (see pic). They both stopped working at the same time. All other targets score just fine and game plays as it should other than the two targets.

I looked over the wires and that checked out. I have an Allteck Mpu but I never did re-do the connectors for it. So I am guessing that, that may be the problem, I also clipped the diodes to see if that might make them work, but did not help.

So any thoughts....thanks. Seems weird that they would both go out at the same time.

20190203_111413 (resized).jpg20190203_111413 (resized).jpg

#2 5 years ago

Check the caps on those switches. You can cut 1 leg to see if the problem goes away. The caps do need to be there, but the switch will work w/o it.

#3 5 years ago

The 100 point rebound switch behind the drop targets is also wired as the same switch as those two red standup targets. Check it too for any capacitor issues and that it's not stuck closed.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from Quench:

The 100 point rebound switch behind the drop targets is also wired as the same switch as those two red standup targets. Check it too for any capacitor issues and that it's not stuck closed.

Problem solved! You were right on the money The switch behind the drop targets was actually closed.

You would think that would make that game just rack up all kinds of points but it did not. Once I opened it and readjusted the gap it started to work, I'm not sure if it ever actually worked to begin with, and then I re soldered the caps back on the other targets and they work now too.

Awesome thanks for the help!!

#5 5 years ago

Cool

Quoted from timab2000:

The switch behind the drop targets was actually closed.
You would think that would make that game just rack up all kinds of points but it did not.

Bally designed against this from happening by ignoring switches that are stuck closed, so free games wouldn't get racked up from non stop scoring.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 199.95
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 10.00
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jupiter, FL

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/evel-knievel-stationary-targets-not-working and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.