(Topic ID: 305576)

Evel Knievel startup chime

By bicyclenut

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Ive restored a EK that was headed to the trash. Everything works as it should but I'm a little confused on the startup chime. When I power on the game it does do the little melody chime as others do. However, when I start a game I get just one chime. Ive seen in videos that it should play the "charge" melody. Is there a setting for this or is something messed up on my MPU board?
Thanks for any help

#2 2 years ago

Yes there are dips to set this check the manual it's on ipdb.org

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

Yes there are dips to set this check the manual it's on ipdb.org

Yes, I did put dip switch #8 set to "ON" and still no difference.

#4 2 years ago

When you restored the game were all the pins in the connectors replaced? Are the boards original. Where they clean, have previous repair, battery damage?

#5 2 years ago

Ok, i figured it out. It was dip switch #8 I just needed to push it down hard and clean it. I guess just pushing it up wasn't making contact....All works now. Yes everything on this game needed to be cleaned. Most all light sockets are rusted. Thank you all for the advise. Got it working as it should now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 179.00
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/evel-knievel-startup-chime and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.