Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by chrismtb
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

I'm having some switch matrix issues on Bally Evel Knievel SS. Essentially, the 5th row seems to be triggering the switches on the 1st row.

For reference, here's the switch matrix table: https://www.pinitech.com/switch_database.php?name=Bally_Evel_Knievel

36 triggers 04, 37 triggers 05, 38 triggers 06, 39 triggers 07, and 40 triggers 08. It is very obvious because during gameplay because the middle bumper causes a tilt and the bottom bumper adds credits. I verified all the switches with the switch test mode on the Alltek board that is in the machine and everything other than row 5 seems to be ok. One thing that is a bit odd is that Tilt (07) seems to be flicker between 07 and 39.

The MPU is a brand new Alltek board and I verified that I can trigger all the correct numbers in the switch test by jumpering from the corresponding strobe to return pins. The rectifier board is also new and everything else about the game works fine.

I checked all diodes on the switches for both of those rows and they all test good. I have inspected around all the switches for any obvious shorts and can't find anything.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to go from here or other things to try?

#2 2 years ago

Sounds like the wire for row 5 is shorting to the wire for row 1.
Have you tested resistance between those two wires? Are any of the row 5 switches in close physical proximity to a row 1 switch?

4 weeks later
#3 2 years ago

I checked for shorts between the rows at all the switches and they weren't shorted. I looked for any in close proximity and tested for any shorts and didn't find anything. Other ideas?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 179.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/evel-knievel-ss-switch-matrix-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.