Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Chudmeat
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I know someone selling an Evel Knievel, what is a fair price considering the following... It lights up but that is it. Playfield has some paint wear on the "1" - playfield looks in big need of a cleaning, backglass looks good, cabinet in great shape. I noticed a framing nail someone put in next to one of the wires on the outlanes, I didn't notice any battery leakage (I could have missed it). I'm not repair savy but wanted to get a good idea what would be a fair offer. I was thinking $300 or is that even too much?
Thanks!

#2 11 years ago

Good chance it needs new/re-burnt roms. 300 would be pretty fair, evil tends to get some good cash depending on condition.

#3 11 years ago

Always liked how EK played ,
flowed a lot better then the old rolling stones next to it at a show years ago.
Figure out what 4 boards will cost you as a worse case scenario
but heck you could do that and the game still might remain dead.
Guts= deals but experience saves you $
-good luck

#4 11 years ago

Need more info:

1. is it arcade or home use - big difference (home edition isn't worth more than $300 in perfect condition)
2. Is it EM or digital? This title had both because it was right at the transition period. EM worth less than digital

If it is in fact digital, I agree with pin_crazed, it will need new roms (especially if they are original). This was the pin I had when I was a kid (back in early 80's), and even back then it had rom issues and wouldn't boot. For some reason this CPU was notorious for having issues.. Not sure if it's because they didn't really cover the window on the roms or what. When it does run, it's fairly reliable. The backglass has mirror sections, so check for flaking (multi-layered paint).

#5 11 years ago

i think your offer is reasonable. $300.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

1. is it arcade or home use - big difference (home edition isn't worth more than $300 in perfect condition)
2. Is it EM or digital? This title had both because it was right at the transition period. EM worth less than digital

1. I'm assuming arcade, it has slots for quarters. What is the difference between home and arcade on this machine? I'm sure a total newb question.

2. It is digital.

Thanks for all the input.

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Is it EM or digital? This title had both because it was right at the transition period. EM worth less than digital

As a current EK owner let me say that this particular fact isn't true. There was only a small number of EM EK's built (approx. 155) and they are worth double the SS version. There was a strictly home version of this machine but it never climbed high in value, no coin mechs and smaller in size. Also mine is currently for sale (SS version) anyone interested can pm me. Thanks...

#8 11 years ago

Going to jump in here and disagree with a couple of the above posts.

Firstly, as MrTechnoBarn pointed out, the electromechanical EK is a MUCH RARER version and is highly sought after. On the couple games where they produced both in fairly equal quantities (Freedom, Night Rider), the EM is generally worth the same to a bit less than the SS. However on the games where they ran only a small handful of EMs along with the SS (EK, Mata Hari), the EM version is worth quite a lot more. Because of the small number made, and even less surviving, there are a lot of EM collectors who want an example in their collection.

Also, being an early SS Bally, chances are VERY good that you have battery corrosion damage that is causing the game to not boot. Unless you have high confidence in your repair abilities, plan on needing a new MPU board. There are folks that sell repaired ones on eBay, or you could drop $200 for an Ultimate MPU from Alltek (an excellent board, I must say). Very rarely do the other board need to be replaced, as a such. I doubt that you have ROMs causing it to not boot. More likely would be the ROM sockets (Bally used some TERRIBLE sockets back then, that did not stand the test of time!)

For the nail, you'd have to post a picture in order for us to gauge how much damage is done there. Most manufacturers had a couple nails down near the bottom of the PF as part of the building process that were always left behind.

In terms of price, it does very by region. Around where I am, and with EK being a more desirable, cross-collectable title, what you described probably be around $400. Its really hard to say without seeing the board themselves, because that's where you're going to end up spending $$. A good condition, fully working EK used to sell for upwards of $1k, but right now, $800 and under is more likely.

#9 11 years ago

$300? lol

I texted this guy's ad to find out what he's asking for his EK....he said $6000!!!!!

I replied to him, was it signed by Evel? He said it was given to him by Evel. Is there any way to prove this??

dallas.craigslist.org link

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 179.00
$ 22.50
$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/evel-knievel-price-check-what-is-a-fair-offer-in-the-following-condition and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.