Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by barakandl
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

006 (resized).JPG
    004 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sunshine131.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I have replaced 3 out of 4 boards with Alltek boards but they won't respond to my questions. Here are my voltage readings.
    MPU
    TP1 .122VDC looking for 5
    TP2 44.5VDC looking for 43
    TP3 Ground
    TP4 .124VDC looking for 5
    TP5 Fluxuating looking for VMA?
    TP6 Zero Crossing ?

Solenoid Driver Board
    TP1 243.9VDC looking for 240
    TP2 187.3VDC looking for 180
    TP3 -.38VDC looking for 3.3
    TP4 15.4VDC looking for 12
    TP5 No test point
    TP6 .173VDC looking for 5
    TP7 44.4VDC looking for 43

Power Supply
    TP1 6.03VDC looking for 5.4
    TP2 240.5VDC looking for 230
    TP3 15.45VDC looking for 11.9
    TP4 6.88VAC looking for 7.3
    TP5 44.4VDC looking for 43

Any idea of where to start would be appreciated or if someone in the Cincinnati, Ohio area that could help/fix would be appreciated. I attached a picture of the backboard with the overvoltage light on the MPU board lit.

004 (resized).JPG004 (resized).JPG
    #3 4 years ago

I pulled the 4 connectors off of the Lamp Driver Board and that didn't make any difference. I don't have the old board to compare the dip switch position that I set up when I installed the new board but I remember double checking these several times. How do I make sure it is on free play? Thanks

#6 4 years ago

I switched the 1st game selector switch up, it was down. There are no flashes on the MPU, just the red overvoltage light on steady.

006 (resized).JPG006 (resized).JPG
    #9 4 years ago

Yes I repinned them

#12 4 years ago

.1VDC at the connector.

#15 4 years ago

I unplugged the connectors on the driver board, MPU, and the lamp driver and the 5V light is now on the solenoid driver board.

#17 4 years ago

I don't have a schematic (wish I did). But I did one pin at a time. Sounds like I need to check each pin connection. Thanks

#24 4 years ago

Thanks for the schematic. I'll verify the connectors.

#25 4 years ago

I spoke with Dave from Alltek today and he found that I had installed the MPU board incorrectly grounding it out. Thanks for everyones input!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sunshine131.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/evel-knievel-powers-up-that-s-it?tu=sunshine131 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.