(Topic ID: 241427)

Evel Knievel - Intermittent Drop Target Reset Failure

By AdjustFailure

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Just looking for advice on where to look to find the fix for the EK drop targets not resetting about half the time.

Here are the specifics:

I am running 5 ball game, so the drop targets reset fine after each ball and fine at the beginning of game 100%

During play, after knocking down all targets it is supposed to reset targets and light up double bonus -- it only does
this about half the time. The rest of the time the targets just stay down until the next ball is served and they reset.

Does this sound like a playfield issue, or switch in or around the target assembly needing attention? Or something on
a board connector or related?

#2 5 years ago

Check the switches at the bottom of the drop targets. Make sure they are clean and making good contact.

#3 5 years ago

I had the same problem after changing out my drop targets. One of the switches wasn't making good contact and I think it wouldn't register that all five drop targets were down. I manually knocked each switch down by hand to determine which switch it was. If I remember correctly, I could tell which one wasn't working correctly by doing this. Then just tighten the gap on that one.

#4 5 years ago

Right, thanks. Will check that!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 179.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/evel-knievel-intermittent-drop-target-reset-failure and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.