74224159_2944629435589983_4002192397772521472_n (resized).jpg
DSC06293 - Copy.JPG
DSC06292.JPG
DSC06292 (resized).JPG
4514_PinNumbering.gif
87956805_2931757636877163_6901919394205532160_n (resized).jpg
88122891_2931757253543868_8674568717864009728_n (resized).jpg
Evel Knievel Display Issues (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wildinindiana.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

So I am scouring the forums and google for anyone who has had the same issue as mine, and I have not found one yet. So I figured, while I hunt, I would put it out here.

I have reflowed the pins on all display boards, as well as the solenoid driver board. The MPU is an Alltek Board. High voltage section has been tested and is functioning properly. As well, all test points on boards correct. Including Rectifier. Known good boards have been swapped in to no avail. Self test does the same error in incorrect digits. If left on for a while some of the displays will read correctly then go back again, and there is no rhyme or reason. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This thing was a mess when I got it, and still has a lighting issue, that is not connected to the board. As I have used with a known good board.

Evel Knievel Display Issues (resized).jpgEvel Knievel Display Issues (resized).jpg
#3 4 years ago

Thank You very much for that, I will check that asap. I need to get in some more of the crimp terminals for that size (.100) because I ran out. I missed that forum post. I will post back with results.

#4 4 years ago

Also, yes it is doing just that pretty much. They are only showing 4-5-6-7 generally. I replaced all of the .156 pins and some of the .100 pins but ran out and ordered a couple hundred more which will be here friday, but at least I can pull the pin to check it out, and replace it friday when they come in. Thank you again for the direction.

1 week later
#21 4 years ago

Wow, this forum blew up!! Awesome, I finally got to check it out. I pulled the pins and they looked good, but of course when my new pins finally came in, I repined the connector, and sure enough, displays great. So all good on the displays. I went ahead and repined the other connectors so we are good to go. But, I might as well throw out the last problem as it has been driving me nuts.

I have an alltek MPU and the rest of the boards are original. All of my controlled lamps are on at all times. Well, a picture says a thousand words, so I figure a video says a million theoretically... lol possibly a bit of help getting me out of my head and maybe simplify. I cant seem to find anything in the schematics that is common to all of them, other than possibly a ground, but I cant find the bad ground. I have swapped all the boards with known working boards to no avail except for the transformer / rectifier. Again, thank you to everyone here that is so helpful on stumped issues. Also Game Over High Game To Date and Tilt flash during game play...! Here is a quick video to get an idea...

#29 4 years ago

So, Quench I went to boot the EK and everything works great. Its actually very frustrating. I would have rather it mess up again so I could fix it, but apparently its not going to happen, at least not for now. Thank everyone for their help and Happy Gaming!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wildinindiana.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/evel-knievel-display-issues-all-incorrect-digits?tu=wildinindiana and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.