Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 54 days ago by Quench
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190701_163906 (resized).jpg
20190701_165333 (resized).jpg
20190701_163906 (resized).jpg
651px-TestingABridgeRectifierFourSteps (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider barakandl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 80 days ago
Quoted from Brewchap:

I found the picture on Pinwiki web site. Credit goes to Chris Hibler.
I measured and tested my last bridge rectifier. It tested good like it should. I installed it and powered it up. The MPU still will not boot. So I tested the BR2 again and it's bad again. Something must be shorting it out. It reads the same as in post #6

The bridge shouldn't go bad like that and I would be surprised if two failed the same way. Bridges normally fail short circuit and blow the fuse. They can fail open circuit too... but i think they usually fail short first then burn open.

How are you testing the bridge? For testing bridge DMM on diode test. Red DMM lead to negative bridge terminal then probe to both AC ~ pins and you should see a normal 0.4-0.6v voltage drop. Then do the opposite on the other side. Black DMM lead to the positive bridge terminal and probe both AC ~ pins and you should see the voltage drop.

How about a bad driver board C23 filter cap dragging down the 12v? Can you try with the top right connector on driver board removed and see if the voltage comes up?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Romeoville, IL
$ 7.65
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Woodcliff Lake, NJ
$ 149.00
$ 21.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Washington, DC
$ 30.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider barakandl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside