Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Tinman761
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Hello everyone, I am finally getting around to trying to get these up and running. I bought them both not working. I sent out the boards to be checked out and repaired on the Evel Knievel. I installed the boards but still not working. I was told to replace the connectors on the end of the wires because of possible bad connections. The score displays are not working correctly either. Can anyone tell me what size they might be, where to get them, and the best way to install? I also want to do this on the Nugent before I spend the money on board work. Thanks, Joe

#2 10 years ago

Too many things at once.

First, what are all your power supply voltages?

#3 10 years ago

I checked all the voltages after I reinstalled the boards and was getting the correct voltages according to the manual. I did find a bad bridge rectifier and had that repaired also. The guy that repaired the boards and rectifier is on this site. He was the one suggesting possible bad connections. I should have mentioned thos in the beginning.Sorry about that

#4 10 years ago

Hey Joe,

I think i remember fixing your MPU and transformer/rectifier assembly a while back. They tested good after i rebuilt them, but shit happens. On the MPU check for +5vdc on TP5, at least over 12vdc on TP2. If those are present the MPU may have a problem.

If you need to send me the MPU back i will take care of it. Feel free to call or message me.

Andrew

#5 10 years ago

Hey Andrew, Thanks for the reply. I want to replace those connectors we talked about. I havent worked on the game since I got the boards back from you, with summer and all. I want to get back into it, so I want to try your suggestion of pin replacement. what size, and the best place to get. Thanks, Joe

#6 10 years ago

I measured at the test points on the transformer. Here are there results.tp1 6.1 tp2 224.6 tp3 15.4 tp4 0 tp5 45.9. according to the manual, it looks like tp4 should have 7.3. I am measuring with black lead to ground and red lead touching the test point. Am I testing this correctly? what to do next?

#7 10 years ago

In relation to the connectors, Great Plains Electronics are always very good and very helpful.

There will basically be two sizes of connectors. The smaller ones are what are known as 0.100" and the larger ones will be 0.156". Hope this helps a little bit and gives you somewhere to start on the connectors. Ed at GPE will help you out if you need it. He gets my business all the way from Australia.

#8 10 years ago

thanks pintoxicated, the further I get into this game, it all seems to be about poor connections, Joe

2 months later
#9 10 years ago

Ok, So I finally got back into this game. I repinned all the connectors, replaced all the bulbs, rebuilt the pop bumpers, replaced all the bulbs, and replaced all the rubbers. Game fires up and plays great, which makes me happy.The problem is that the letters s u p e r in the center of the playfield and at the top of the game are suppost to light in succession as you score. s and r are the only ones that work on both the top and center of the playfield. Some of the drop target lights as well as the target and pop bumpers dont light up. I measured the voltage at the s and r as they are selected as well as u p e, but no voltage read. Any ideas?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 179.00
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/evel-knievel-and-ted-nugent-questions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.