Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by rob6462
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

I have an Bally MPU in a Evel Knievel, I’ve got four or five lights that are out but it’s not from the light board,no problems with it. I put an allteck board in and all the lights work. I’m missing a signal from the MPU. Also I have change the pins on the board just to see if that would work I look at the schematic and I can’t seem to figure out what IC controls the signals, to me it looks like multiple ones. Does anybody know which one is specific for just the Controlled lamps. Thanks Rob

#2 2 years ago

U10. Swap with U11 and see if your problem moves

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from Billc479:

U10. Swap with U11 and see if your problem moves

I saw that it leads to them on the schematic, I changed both of them and the same lights are still out, thank you for your help

#4 2 years ago

Which lights are out?

Do you have a meter? If you’re sure the issue is with the MPU, verify you’re getting a signal out from the board. Look at the four inputs going into the LDB from the MPU

#5 2 years ago

The lights work when you swap MPUs? That proves it's MPU board related. You swapped U10 and 11 and that did not fix it. Next easy fix is to resolder the J1 pins focusing on pins 12-19. If that does not fix the problem it's most likely a bad output resistor or capacitor. A logic probe on those pins would help troubleshoot. Knowing which specific lights are not working would help narrow it down.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from BigAl56:

The lights work when you swap MPUs? That proves it's MPU board related. You swapped U10 and 11 and that did not fix it. Next easy fix is to resolder the J1 pins focusing on pins 12-19. If that does not fix the problem it's most likely a bad output resistor or capacitor. A logic probe on those pins would help troubleshoot. Knowing which specific lights are not working would help narrow it down.

Quoted from BigAl56:

Thank you so much for your reply, I’m going to check that out tonight,

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 179.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/evel-knievel-5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.