5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Pbpins
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Any idea how many side door opening were actually produced? I’ve only seen a few and never thought to ask if that was a rare thing on this pin.

#3 5 years ago

I have one now that I just put an NOS playfield in and actually over years I have had more of the swinging head style than the normal ones.

#4 5 years ago

Never even knew an Evel with hinged door existed.... mine has normal lift out glass from the front.

Now you have me thinking, my Night Rider is the only Bally I have that has a hinged backbox door....(It's a SS) are all Night Riders hinged?

I actually don't like the hinged door..... never thought about it much until reading this post.

I assume this hinged door was a deal during the EM to SS transition on Night Rider/EK/Mata Hari?

Are there any Mata Hari's with hinged doors?

#5 5 years ago

Thank you for the quick replies. I just checked with several friends who have EK and none had the hinge door. I like it for ease of getting in the back box, but never had really thought much about it. I have a CPR playfield that I was tempted to put in this, but the original is still very good. Just debating to fully restore this or not. I like the character it has-the sides and feint look played with. I’m thinking if I make this pristine it might actually take away from it all..

#6 5 years ago

Here in western Washington state, I see lots of the swing open Evel Kneivel machines.

1 week later
    #7 5 years ago

I have an EK now that I just put an NOS playfield in and it has the swing open door.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/evel-knieval-ss-question?hl=weatherbymag and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.