(Topic ID: 171318)

Evel Knieval Chime cleaning?

By epbrown1967

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

I'm going through my EK, tightening it up, and noticed the intro chime is intermittent. Opened it up and saw chimes have a bit of grime. I assume alcohol or Simple Green? The other chimes work perfectly when I test them. Thank you!

#2 7 years ago

I polish them in my tumbler but I don't think it going to make a noticeable difference in tone. I would check and replace all the grommets and install new coil sleeves and see if that helps

#3 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

I would check and replace all the grommets

Adding to that--the grommets should be rubbery, not hard.

Quoted from epbrown1967:

tightening it up, and noticed the intro chime is intermittent

What do you mean--does the coil not fire when you expect it to, or does the chime not ring out like it should, and instead the plunger just "thunks" against the chime bar?

#4 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

I polish them in my tumbler but I don't think it going to make a noticeable difference in tone. I would check and replace all the grommets and install new coil sleeves and see if that helps

I assumed it probably might be coil sleeves-thank you!

#5 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Adding to that--the grommets should be rubbery, not hard.

What do you mean--does the coil not fire when you expect it to, or does the chime not ring out like it should, and instead the plunger just "thunks" against the chime bar?

The grommets are rock hard-there is an intro chime that plays when you initiate play. It plays sporadically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/evel-knieval-chime-cleaning and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.