Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by OLDPINGUY
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    CAM01978 (resized).jpg
    CAM01976 (resized).jpg
    CAM01975 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelazybman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

WHAT HAVE I DONE I think i made it worse. Did all back box and coin door hardware. Now they all have a sticky green yellow film. . It seems to come off pretty easy with a little scotch brite and elbow grease. some kind of anodize? coating.---- Still looking for that Flight 2000 playfield scan . OR if anyone knows where I might be able to take one in the Seattle/Everett area thanks fer looken

CAM01975 (resized).jpgCAM01975 (resized).jpg

CAM01976 (resized).jpgCAM01976 (resized).jpg

#7 6 years ago

I let the parts soak in the leg cleaning PVC tube I made for 48 hrs and this is how it came out. some sort of chemical reaction? the brackets are from the circuit board mounts, but the coin door parts came out the same. It's a stern Flight 2000. I sent an email to Evaporust, so hope they get back to me. They did clean up. Prime/paint /clear all good

CAM01978 (resized).jpgCAM01978 (resized).jpg

#12 6 years ago

Kevin,
    The yellow coating is likely lead from lead based paint. We see it in gas tanks from the leaded gas era. Lead migrates into the pores of steel which is why it was really great paint but it is hard to remove. If you are going to paint the metal, go ahead and paint over it lead. If not, acetic acid dissolves lead but slowly. The acetic acid (vinegar) will become hazardous waste as it will contain lead.

Best regards,
    David Harris
    President
    Harris International Labs Inc
    479-756-9877 PH
    479-927-3202 FAX

#14 6 years ago

used on all makes---used on just about everything, stuff works great, as long as its not to cold. Stuff doesn't work at all I think below 60. It says so on bottle I have done Bally. Williams, Gotlieb, Chicago coin Even a 1950's Jr U.S. Marshall. Which i'm sure had all kinds of lead. never any problem? Well anyhoo plain old Vinegar seems to be working. Wonder whats the best way to keep the rust away on the bare metal any suggestions

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelazybman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/evaporust?tu=thelazybman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.