Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by rplante
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

30 % extra tax on american pinball machines for europe will kill Stern (and every other big pinball company) because there export drops 40%.
    What do you think of this.

#2 6 years ago

Uggg - can't we keep politics off this site?

#3 6 years ago

Yes shure, don't respond.

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

Uggg - can't we keep politics off this site?

I bet we can. IBTL!

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinballwil:

30 % extra tax on american pinball machines for europe will kill Stern (and every other big pinball company) because there export drops 40%.
    What do you think of this.

So, are you saying Stern games are going to cost an extra 30% in Europe?

Speculation or is this really going to happen?

I thought it was US imports that were being taxed, not exports?

#6 6 years ago

Is the E.U. trying to protect European pinball companies?

#7 6 years ago

Go back to old post and see where people said new pins selling for 7k+ will kill the pinball business. Since those days we're now at 8k+ for machines and 12k for so called Collectors version, JJP has come to light, Stern moved to a bigger facility and we have other "boutique" manufacturers making games.

While it will certainly impact those in the EU it wont kill the industry! You just need to find a "black market" for pins in the EU thats all

#8 6 years ago

Pinball machines aren't composed primarily of aluminum and steel so - probably not.

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I thought it was US imports that were being taxed, not exports?

I think he means everyone will get into a "dick fight" and the eu will impose import taxes if the us does. They have already threatened import taxes on Harley's and other items.

#10 6 years ago

Yeah, and the UK economy was going to collapse because of Brexit vote too...people predict a lot of crap.

#11 6 years ago

At least this thread isn't political, OP snuck in the word Stern.

#12 6 years ago

I hate politics, and i hope those stupid EU white board criminals won't put 25% extra tax on new pinball machine's imported from the USA.
    Thats what i mean.
    If this happens ( i hope not) sales go down and second hand prices wil go up again.

#13 6 years ago

I doubt pinball machines are really on the radar as far as a trade war with Europe is concerned unless it is a blanket tax on ALL US goods. The market is just too small. In any case it sounds like there will be country specific exclusions and I doubt this will have any impact on your machine costs.

If you want to worry, I'd be more concerned with a mass extinction meteor impact. Now that's scary!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/european-trade-war-bad-for-stern-and-everybody-else?hl=nowakster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.