Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 160 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Grayman_EM
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

abandon-thread nothing.gif
    fullsizeoutput_14d (resized).jpeg
    beer.jpg (resized).jpg
    11671AC7-797D-49DF-A60A-D9B8030206A7 (resized).jpeg
    D63D75BB-994E-404E-9716-1908DA6FF74B (resized).jpeg
    71C87792-17FA-471D-9B6C-3B3FA3FDEC09 (resized).png
    2017-12-08_14-27-10 (resized).jpg
    CHS-1360-money-talks-bullshit-walks-sticker-1200x630 (resized).jpg
    3D07F50A-3FE9-49F0-9C08-2D121CBCC578 (resized).jpeg
    m_552c96c37fab3a0aa1000662 (resized).jpg
    JR (resized).jpg
    There are 160 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
    #101 6 years ago
    Quoted from Grayman_EM:

No, just blocking out the negative people is all.

Here got his PM that I just sent, but didn't read where I tell him that he has to be in or near my state not all the way on the east coast.
    As for the 3 pins I got over the weekend talked to the seller. He explained the pins and told me to give him a call if I had any trouble. Nice guy to talk to and handed him, yes all the money!

1) Dude, you don't have a location or even a state listed in your posting-- how the hell are we supposed to know where you live?

2) Galahad was not a popular title when it was made-- they only produced 791 of them. It's not sought after by collectors, so game play must have been lousy. Thus I imagine not many survived-- I've only seen it for sale, I think, once. If you want to get into collecting rare titles, you better get used to having them shipped, or driving to wherever they are to pick them up. You can't expect this stuff to pop up in your backyard.

#102 6 years ago

1) True it's my privacy setting, but the wanted ad should tell you it's in the "What's for sale in Indiana? thread.

Quoted from drsfmd:

2) Galahad was not a popular title when it was made-- they only produced 791 of them. It's not sought after by collectors, so game play must have been lousy. Thus I imagine not many survived-- I've only seen it for sale, I think, once. If you want to get into collecting rare titles, you better get used to having them shipped, or driving to wherever they are to pick them up. You can't expect this stuff to pop up in your backyard.

For 1970 that' about normal they didn't make thousands of them on most titles. Including that PM that makes 3 I have seen. If you look at the whole USA on CL you can find more than you know. I will drive if it's closer.

#103 6 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Best was the cab ride from the Little Rock airport to the truck rental center. It's 9am and the cab driver asks us if we mind if he drinks a "road soda". We look at each other like WTF, shrug and go yeah, go ahead. I kid you not, this guy had a 6 pack of Old Style 16 oz tall boy cans. Three of them gone in our 15 minute ride! That's a welcome to Little Rock if I ever saw one!

This is my wife's side of the family, for the most part. Getting ready to go somewhere? Finish up that beer and put a fresh one in the koozie (you do have a designated koozie, right?). Trip gonna be longer than 15 minutes? Stick a twelve pack and some ice in a cooler and put it on the back seat or pickup bed. Bad etiquette to them is reaching back for another without asking who else needs one.

One of her uncles drove the truck pulling the prize-winning float in their town fair's annual parade. He didn't want to upset anyone so he wrapped his Yuengling cans in silver duct tape and drank the entire time on the parade route with two dozen people riding on the float, waving at people while juggling a beer and the steering wheel with the other hand.

I didn't grow up like this so it certainly took some getting used to.

#104 6 years ago
    Quoted from emkay:

This is my wife's side of the family, for the most part. Getting ready to go somewhere? Finish up that beer and put a fresh one in the koozie (you do have a designated koozie, right?). Trip gonna be longer than 15 minutes? Stick a twelve pack and some ice in a cooler and put it on the back seat or pickup bed. Bad etiquette to them is reaching back for another without asking who else needs one.
    One of her uncles drove the truck pulling the prize-winning float in their town fair's annual parade. He didn't want to upset anyone so he wrapped his Yuengling cans in silver duct tape and drank the entire time on the parade route with two dozen people riding on the float, waving at people while juggling a beer and the steering wheel with the other hand.
    I didn't grow up like this so it certainly took some getting used to.

Come on, you are the liquor Mr. Lahey

#105 6 years ago
    Quoted from Grayman_EM:

1) True it's my privacy setting, but the wanted ad should tell you it's in the "What's for sale in Indiana? thread.

Nobody is going to chase you around pinside trying to find out where you live in order to sell you something.

Quoted from Grayman_EM:

For 1970 that' about normal they didn't make thousands of them on most titles. Including that PM that makes 3 I have seen. If you look at the whole USA on CL you can find more than you know. I will drive if it's closer.

That's not "about normal". If we look at a list of Ted Zale's 76 games from that era, and eliminate A) those that didn't make it past field samples (ie: 80 or less made) and B) those we don't have production numbers for (7, mostly the add-a-ball versions), we find that 50 of the 63 remaining games were produced in higher numbers than Galahad, which doesn't make it out of the bottom quintile. It's not an ultra-rare title (Bullseye anyone? Ha Ha), but it's certainly not one of the more common ones, and it's one of those things that unless you happen to get lucky and have one pop up locally, you're going to travel to acquire (or have it shipped).

#106 6 years ago

71C87792-17FA-471D-9B6C-3B3FA3FDEC09 (resized).png71C87792-17FA-471D-9B6C-3B3FA3FDEC09 (resized).png

#107 6 years ago

WTB: Etiquette.

#108 6 years ago

One of my favorite sayings is, "the one common denominator in all of your dissatisfying relationships is you." and I think that it definitely applies here.

#109 6 years ago

Next stop....

D63D75BB-994E-404E-9716-1908DA6FF74B (resized).jpegD63D75BB-994E-404E-9716-1908DA6FF74B (resized).jpeg

#110 6 years ago

I have only sold a couple of games on here and consider myself newer to the hobby. I had one listed over the summer. A pinsider only about an hour from me contacted me and seemed wicked interested. He was worried that I would sell it to someone else and said that he wanted to come over asap so I wouldn't sell it to anyone else. I couldn't see him right away so held off on other inquires until I could. We arranged a day and time. One hour before he was to arrive he backed out and said that he changed his mind. I lost a sale to someone else over it. Sure I was pissed and thought it was a douche bag move but I learned from it. First one with cash gets it. I tried to sell it by order of responses but it obviously backfired. Lesson learned for me. Move on dude.

#111 6 years ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

Nobody is going to chase you around pinside trying to find out where you live in order to sell you something.

Never asked them, those are your words.

Quoted from drsfmd:

That's not "about normal". If we look at a list of Ted Zale's 76 games from that era, and eliminate A) those that didn't make it past field samples (ie: 80 or less made) and B) those we don't have production numbers for (7, mostly the add-a-ball versions), we find that 50 of the 63 remaining games were produced in higher numbers than Galahad, which doesn't make it out of the bottom quintile. It's not an ultra-rare title (Bullseye anyone? Ha Ha), but it's certainly not one of the more common ones, and it's one of those things that unless you happen to get lucky and have one pop up locally, you're going to travel to acquire (or have it shipped).

You take it different than mine. I am going by the years back then. Most games were about 1,000 give or take not the 10,000 number up of the later years.

Quoted from Ericc123:

One of my favorite sayings is, "the one common denominator in all of your dissatisfying relationships is you." and I think that it definitely applies here.

One of mine is "if you can't say something nice about someone don't say nothing at all". We all like pinball machines around here why dump on someone it only makes you look bad.

Quoted from Strummy:

I have only sold a couple of games on here and consider myself newer to the hobby. I had one listed over the summer. A pinsider only about an hour from me contacted me and seemed wicked interested. He was worried that I would sell it to someone else and said that he wanted to come over asap so I wouldn't sell it to anyone else. I couldn't see him right away so held off on other inquires until I could. We arranged a day and time. One hour before he was to arrive he backed out and said that he changed his mind. I lost a sale to someone else over it. Sure I was pissed and thought it was a douche bag move but I learned from it. First one with cash gets it. I tried to sell it by order of responses but it obviously backfired. Lesson learned for me. Move on dude.

Like I have said before. That was not me. I am out of state that is why I ask. No one likes to drive hundreds of miles and have a seller go with someone else. Can you not see that point? I cannot control what someone else does and should not be judged on what they do. Keep in contact with your buyer.

I have moved on and it doesn't bother me anymore.

#112 6 years ago
    Quoted from Grayman_EM:

One of mine is "if you can't say something nice about someone don't say nothing at all". We all like pinball machines around here why dump on someone it only makes you look bad.

You are terrible about minding this rule.

(Me too!)

#113 6 years ago

Says the guy starting several threads bashing sellers who won’t put up with his low ball offers.

Pot-Kettle-Black

#114 6 years ago

Ericc123 not low ball offers. The pin was not working correctly all the way and still needed work. Would you pay full price for a pin that needed both cosmetic and mechanical work?

I only offer what I think they are worth? Frankly I don't understand why you and others keep on this when they are not knowing all the details? I must be so kind of genius around here I guess.

#115 6 years ago
    Quoted from Grayman_EM:

Seller posts pin for sale here. I have previously contacted him and made offer on other pin (needs work). Says to low. I combine both pins to make group offer two days ago. He has since sold the good pin without even responding back from my offer.
    I would have went higher if you answered or countered?
    You would have sold both pins?
    I have the money?
    Yes to all the questions as I am already have a deal to travel there but again I want to get as many pins as I can when making the trip.
    Another person on the naughty list.

You should have offered higher in the first place if you really wanted the game. The seller did nothing wrong here.

#116 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I had a friend who heard the song in my car and thought it was called "Rob Lowe"

cannot unhear

#118 6 years ago
    Quoted from Grayman_EM:

ericc123 not low ball offers. The pin was not working correctly all the way and still needed work. Would you pay full price for a pin that needed both cosmetic and mechanical work?
    I only offer what I think they are worth? Frankly I don't understand why you and others keep on this when they are not knowing all the details?

yeah not sure why anyone would accuse you of lowballing....

Quoted from Grayman_EM:

5 pins all gone. Frankly this is just going to make me MORE of a low baller than before as I see I can't do business with anyone who even agrees as I can't trust them.

oh wait.

#119 6 years ago

Did you not start this thread breaking your own rule?

11671AC7-797D-49DF-A60A-D9B8030206A7 (resized).jpeg11671AC7-797D-49DF-A60A-D9B8030206A7 (resized).jpeg

#120 6 years ago

Nearly everyone on here is telling you the same thing in different ways and yet you either don’t hear it or chose to ignore it. People have said the problem is you and you call them out as insulting you.

People have explained they sell to first person to show with cash because waiting around on coordination with buyer often just screws them over (doesn’t matter if you personally always follow through, many don’t)

Bottom line: Your expections of sellers is unrealistic. It’s not about etiquette in your case. It’s pretty obvious by all the disagreement with your stance by posters in this thread.

#121 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

Did you not start this thread breaking your own rule?

Technically, no, since "do not say nothing" actually means "say something"

#122 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

Nearly everyone on here is telling you the same thing in different ways and yet you either don’t hear it or chose to ignore it.

I am not, those are your words. Tell me where I am saying I am ignoring you?

Quoted from Mbecker:

People have explained they sell to first person to show with cash because waiting around on coordination with buyer often just screws them over (doesn’t matter if you personally always follow through, many don’t).

As I said before if you don't want to deal with me than don't. I'm not forcing you to a deal. If that is the way you want to deal with your buyers than so be it. But I do have sellers that will sell to me my way and I do follow through as the three pins I just bought. So it does work also. Just because I refuse to change my buying arrangement only hurts the seller. As they still have their pins and I am buying off a seller who will wait.

By the way please down vote this as it proves my point of how nice you can be to people in a response they will always only see negative in their eyes.

#123 6 years ago
    Quoted from Grayman_EM:

Just because I refuse to change my buying arrangement only hurts the seller.

How does it hurt the seller. They sell them quicker and easier not dealing with you.

#124 6 years ago

You're not hurting any sellers quit fooling yourself. You seem like a cheap money grubber, just look at your avatar. Most likely programmed since young to get the best of other people no matter what.

#125 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

How does it hurt the seller. They sell them quicker and easier not dealing with you.

Your opinion, the ones I buy have been on the market weeks or months with no interest from the public. Do you think they would like to see them sell to me or just set collecting dust. Remember we BOTH agree to the price, etc.

Someone's going on the naughty list.

#126 6 years ago

beer.jpg (resized).jpgbeer.jpg (resized).jpg

#127 6 years ago
    Quoted from Grayman_EM:

You know what I love about Pinside? All you have to do is click Ignore user and all the loud mouth, know nothing people just seem to disappear. I find it amazing.

Looks like you have your work cut out for you.

fullsizeoutput_14d (resized).jpegfullsizeoutput_14d (resized).jpeg

#128 6 years ago

OP is not going to change. After reading most of this thread, and wondering why there are STILL posts about it, even though the majority of Pindsiders participating disagree with the OP, I think the bottom line is that if you want to deal with the OP in a transaction, be prepared to take on some extra baggage with that deal, and be prepared for you as the SELLER, to accommodate the OP as a buyer, more likely than not, without a deposit or cash-in-hand. I don't know about you, but the first person with cash on the machine, at an agreeable price, takes the machine home.

#129 6 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

OP is not going to change. After reading most of this thread, and wondering why there are STILL posts about it, even though the majority of Pindsiders participating disagree with the OP, I think the bottom line is that if you want to deal with the OP in a transaction, be prepared to take on some extra baggage with that deal, and be prepared for you as the SELLER, to accommodate the OP as a buyer, more likely than not, without a deposit or cash-in-hand. I don't know about you, but the first person with cash on the machine, at an agreeable price, takes the machine home.

If you see me and have a pin. We already agreed on a price and I always have cash in hand.

#130 6 years ago

Still posts cause people can't stay away from a troll.

#131 6 years ago
    Quoted from Grayman_EM:

If you see me and have a pin. We already agreed on a price and I always have cash in hand.

It's getting to that point that is the problem like my post mentioned. In any case, I won't hold a machine without a deposit. Cash talks.

#132 6 years ago

abandon-thread nothing.gifabandon-thread nothing.gif

#133 6 years ago
    Quoted from Grayman_EM:

By the way please down vote this as it proves my point of how nice you can be to people in a response they will always only see negative in their eyes.

Well, this is a conundrum! I wasn’t gonna but you did say please... plus I wouldn’t want to contribute to your point going unproven after you’ve shown how well you take points.

#134 6 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

He'll probably expect you to have dinner on the table for him when he gets to your home to pick up the pin(s) and then demand you to wipe his ass before he leaves.

#135 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

He'll probably expect you to have dinner on the table for him when he gets to your home to pick up the pin(s) and then demand you to wipe his ass before he leaves.

And likely a reach-around as well.

#136 6 years ago
    Quoted from Grayman_EM:

I am not, those are your words. Tell me where I am saying I am ignoring you?

As I said before if you don't want to deal with me than don't. I'm not forcing you to a deal. If that is the way you want to deal with your buyers than so be it. But I do have sellers that will sell to me my way and I do follow through as the three pins I just bought. So it does work also. Just because I refuse to change my buying arrangement only hurts the seller. As they still have their pins and I am buying off a seller who will wait.

You aren’t “saying” you’re ignoring me — you are choosing to ignore everyone’s advise and opinion. You started 2 threads on etiquette and everyone in both disagreed with your ideas of what “good” selling etiquette should be. That’s all most the down votes are btw— it’s not negativity, it’s meant to show disagreement.

Carry on with your buying though - sometimes it works out and buyers are willing to work with you. Great - win win for both of you. Just please don’t start another thread the next time it doesn’t work out according to your expectations of pin etiquette — they are skewed away from the majority of buyer/sellers here which is all everyone has been trying to point out.

#137 6 years ago

I think the OP needs to win the 1st annual pinside clown of the year award

#138 6 years ago

Cash is king, first on site always trumps verbal or written intentions. This is a record post I’ve never seen a -72 score

#139 6 years ago

Hey Op, some sweet sounding EM's on Mr.Pinball classifieds today located in Indiana!! Probably too rich for your blood though.

#140 6 years ago

I want to know what the OPs offer was initially and for what pin. Then what was his bundled offer and with what other pin??

#141 6 years ago
    Quoted from Grayman_EM:

Seller posts pin for sale here. I have previously contacted him and made offer on other pin (needs work). Says to low. I combine both pins to make group offer two days ago. He has since sold the good pin without even responding back from my offer.

He obviously got a better offer, move on.

Quoted from Grayman_EM:

I would have went higher if you answered or countered?

He obviously got a better offer without having to haggle with you, move on.

Quoted from Grayman_EM:

You would have sold both pins?

He got what he was looking for on the one pin, move on.

Quoted from Grayman_EM:

I have the money?

And still do because your offer was too low, move on.

Quoted from Grayman_EM:

Yes to all the questions as I am already have a deal to travel there but again I want to get as many pins as I can when making the trip.

Your offer(s) were too low for this seller, move on.

Quoted from Grayman_EM:

Another person on the naughty list.

Now you are just being ridiculous, move on.

I see common a denominator here and it is YOU! YOU low-balled YOUR offers and YOU got zilch! Now YOU need to move on.

#142 6 years ago

vdojaq you need to wear your glasses! If you read all the posts YOU would SEE that I said that already. So move on down the road as the song goes. By the way the seller still has the pin unsold.

#143 6 years ago
    Quoted from Grayman_EM:

By the way the seller still has the pin unsold.

And sometimes a seller decides he won't sell it to someone at any cost. Rare, but I've had buyers that I refused to sell a game to. I get that uneasy feeling that something's not right.

#144 6 years ago

Frank most likely you would not even know it's me. I'm a easy going person that tries to get along with everybody, but here you disagree and your vilified like some wandering dog going down the road. If the seller doen't want to sell than so be it. I have seen other pins of the same title listed. But like this one not working also.

#145 6 years ago
    Quoted from Grayman_EM:

but here you disagree and your vilified like some wandering dog going down the road..

Who the fuck vilifies a wandering dog going down the road?! This is a thing that happens?

And why do you refuse to apply accepted linguistic practice when it comes to "your" and "you're?" That shit drives me nuts!

#146 6 years ago
    Quoted from Grayman_EM:

Frank most likely you would not even know it's me. I'm a easy going person that tries to get along with everybody, but here you disagree and your vilified like some wandering dog going down the road. If the seller doen't want to sell than so be it. I have seen other pins of the same title listed. But like this one not working also.

I'm not disagreeing with anything. I simply made a comment - "People sometimes decide they won't sell a machine to a particular person". You inferred that I was poking a stick at you. All I wanted you to do was think. We are a small community. Most of us have crossed paths. You can keep being "you" or you can learn to fit in better. Pinball is best when it is social.

#147 6 years ago
    Quoted from Grayman_EM:

vdojaq you need to wear your glasses! If you read all the posts YOU would SEE that I said that already. So move on down the road as the song goes. By the way the seller still has the pin unsold.

Where did you say that you were the problem?

#148 6 years ago
    Quoted from FrankJ:

And sometimes a seller decides he won't sell it to someone at any cost. Rare, but I've had buyers that I refused to sell a game to. I get that uneasy feeling that something's not right.

Yes, had a guy come look at machines at my house once. The guy nitpicked his nitpicking. I made a choice right then and there and priced everything way over his budget. He was the type that would have a shit fit if a bulb went out....no thanks!

#149 6 years ago

I think the original seller saw through the bullsh1t. There is no crying in pinball

#150 6 years ago
    Quoted from apLundell:

IIRC, the problem last time was that renting a truck is an expense, so you have to combine as many deals as possible for maximum efficiency?
    That's the wrong way to look at it.
    When you bought your car, you saved thousands by not buying a truck, right? And over the years you've owned your sensible car, you've saved money on fuel and repairs, right?
    So, with all that money saved, when you do need a truck, you can man up and rent one. And if you need one the following weekend, you can rent another one.
    Don't think of that one-dollar-per-mile U-Haul bill as adding to the cost of the pinball machine. Think of it as adding to the cost of your sensible car. It's still cheaper than owning your own truck, right? Then relax.

The best advice I have for people in the hobby with a car, buy a small 5x8 trailer. Enclosed is the way to go . I have 2 SUV’s , a full size pickup with a cap and an enclosed trailer. I keep tools and blankets in all of them . I have 3 Hand trucks and this spring I’m buying an Escalera but that’s just me . Part of the hobby is your vehicle(s) and your tools .

There are 160 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/etiquette-where-is-it-here/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.