(Topic ID: 81512)

** Estimated Value ** -- Who wishes it was back on Pinside??

By Beez

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 53 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by wayner
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Bring back the Estimated Value”

• Yes 93 votes
      68%
    • No 43 votes
      32%

(136 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beez.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

PLEASE BRING IT BACK !
    I enjoyed seeing this feature while searching Pinball machines on Pinside. I always knew it was only an estimated value but it was nice to see and I for one totally wish it was back. Anyone else miss it?

2 weeks later
    #13 10 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

I hear you guys, I miss that feature too! The problem is in the software and needs serious time to fix this.
    So I have been thinking if it is worth that effort or I should just build another price check feature. The old price check was based on finished Ebay acutions. As most of us know, Ebay is not always the best indicator of pin prices. Maybe we should have some sort of crowdsourced pin pricing index? Where we, the Pinsiders - or at least a subset of trusted Pinsiders - would be able to input our guesstimates for what a game is worth. All inputs would be open and therefore abuse would be easy to spot. As always, I'm open for thoughts and ideas

Glad you're considering bringing it back ... I enjoyed seeing this feature.

#27 10 years ago

Love the idea of a "range". Seems to be the better way to go.

2 months later
    #47 9 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

I hear you guys, I miss that feature too! The problem is in the software and needs serious time to fix this.
    So I have been thinking if it is worth that effort or I should just build another price check feature. The old price check was based on finished Ebay acutions. As most of us know, Ebay is not always the best indicator of pin prices. Maybe we should have some sort of crowdsourced pin pricing index? Where we, the Pinsiders - or at least a subset of trusted Pinsiders - would be able to input our guesstimates for what a game is worth. All inputs would be open and therefore abuse would be easy to spot. As always, I'm open for thoughts and ideas

Anymore thoughts on reconnecting this program?

3 months later
    #49 9 years ago

Is Pinside any closer to the return of Estimated Values? I miss this feature ... Doesn't have to be perfect buts it's nice to see comparisons.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beez.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/estimated-value-who-wishes-it-was-back-on-pinside?tu=beez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.