(Topic ID: 238820)

Estimated value?

By 4aquacade

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    #1 5 years ago

Can anyone give me an idea of what Aquacade pinball from United manufacturing is worth? It is of 1949 vintage and made In Chicago

#2 5 years ago

Non-working, good cosmetic cab, backglass, & playfield $50.
    Working, fair condition, $150.
    Like new, $4-500.

#3 5 years ago

Heres a Pic...IPDB says two flippers, but I dont see any?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #4 5 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Heres a Pic...IPDB says two flippers, but I dont see any?[quoted image]

The two horizontal pieces near the bottom middle have 'flipper' written below them, but they don't look like normal flippers

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from gutz:

The two horizontal pieces near the bottom middle have 'flipper' written below them, but they don't look like normal flippers

That type of flippers were standard United fare in the late 40s. There's a small metal bar that connects the two posts at the bottom. They have a very different feel to them, since they're "hollow." They sling and bounce the ball when used, and they have a surprising amount of snap to them.

I seem to remember that this style of United flippers operated like the William's impulse flippers though, where one button would operate both, but I don't remember if that was the exception, or it was used in all their games.

1 week later
    #6 5 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Heres a Pic...IPDB says two flippers, but I dont see any?[quoted image]

Here you'll find the flippers

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/estimated-value-1?hl=ballycrazy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.