(Topic ID: 234954)

Estimated Price- Lifetime + 12 Month Trend?

By dyopp21

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Not sure if it’s easily doable, but it would be nice to see an average sale price for a machine not only for all sales from history, but also the average of the past 12 months to see if a machine is trending and if so which way.

#2 5 years ago

Agreed.

#3 5 years ago
    Quoted from dyopp21:

Not sure if it’s easily doable, but it would be nice to see an average sale price for a machine not only for all sales from history, but also the average of the past 12 months to see if a machine is trending and if so which way.

Good idea! I like that. Pinside doesn’t like to be a price guide though. We’ll see

#4 5 years ago

Agreed. Sites like the one below used to do a really good job of market trends on titles granted mostly from data points off Ebay but really cool to follow. Wish this was possible via Pinside.

http://www.bostonpinball.biz./05262008.htm

#5 5 years ago

I think the biggest issue with using Pinside, Boston Pinball or other sales history sites is when a "junk" or "parts" machine sells cheap in greatly reduces the "average" price of a title. If you use Charlie's Angels for example - Pinside says average selling price is $300. That isn't because a Charlie's Angels is only worth $300 it is because 2 of the 5 archived were project or parts machines. This really messes the "average selling price" data up.

On the other hand if one of the machines sold was a HEP and another was HUO the "average"selling price would be way to high.

I don't see an easy way to resolve this issue but all of us really need to be careful & understand "average selling price" isn't always the "best gauge" to decide "fair value" of a machine.

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

I think the biggest issue with using Pinside, Boston Pinball or other sales history sites is when a "junk" or "parts" machine sells cheap in greatly reduces the "average" price of a title. If you use Charlie's Angels for example - Pinside says average selling price is $300. That isn't because a Charlie's Angels is only worth $300 it is because 2 of the 5 archived were project or parts machines. This really messes the "average selling price" data up.
    On the other hand if one of the machines sold was a HEP and another was HUO the "average"selling price would be way to high.
    I don't see an easy way to resolve this issue but all of us really need to be careful & understand "average selling price" isn't always the "best gauge" to decide "fair value" of a machine.

Good points-
    One way that might with "help" pricing machines is to break them down in categories, like when looking a car prices. A car with 20K miles in great shape is noted differently on value sites than a junker with 150K miles. This shouldn't be too difficult to do with Pins as well.

Maybe create a 5 tiered "machine condition" requirement with all machine ads on the site- something simple like:

Level 1- Excellent: HEP Restore, perfect PF, mechs, backglass and cabinet. The best of the best. This thing is even too good for mods. It looks like it just came off the line.

Level 2- Above Average: Playfield and BG at least a 7 out of 10. Machine in FULL working condition. New or reconditioned boards. Cab may have some minor scuffs, but is otherwise solid. Coin door in good shape with coin mechs working. Some add-ons such as LED's and Titan's rubbers. Machine has fresh rubbers and is ready to plug in and play.

Level 3- Average: Playfield may have minor to mid level wear. Backglass in pretty good shape but may have some flaking. Machine is functioning but there may be a switch or two that needs attention. Original boards, original bulbs. Cabinet may show some average wear but is otherwise structurally solid.

Level 4- Below Average: Playfield and or Backglass shows more ominous signs of wear or flaking. Machine is complete, but most likely not functioning (if so, only barely). May need new boards or in need of serious board repair. Cabinet in addition to showing wear, may need some light structural repair. Coin door present but possibly missing coin mechs, etc.

Level 5- Junker/Parts Machine: Playfield parts or Backglass may be missing. Playfield roached. BG, if present, is more glass than graphics. Coin door may be ripped off at the hinges. The cabinet was painted by the previous owner with shit brown paint (leaded). This isn't even really a machine, it's a case full of pinball machine parts worthy of trading for plutonium, but not much else.

Then machines in each condition would eventually down the line begin to have an average price. Of course that would take some time to establish, but it would start showing a range over time.

Yopp

#7 5 years ago

Yeah... I always thought it would be cool to see trending prices up and down. If there is historical data maybe these could be seen via a graph such as the ones pinside uses to track score and rank. What I really want to see is a "bang for your buck" filter, where you could screen by EM vs SS and by decade or price. What is the best machine out there that I could get for $5000, $4000, $3000, $2000, $1800, $1500, $1200, $1000?

However, I'm totally happy with the site the way it is too. Thanks Admins and Mods reading this!

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from dyopp21:

Maybe create a 5 tiered "machine condition" requirement with all machine ads on the site- something simple like:

Talked aboot for years but it wouldn't work; No one can agree on anything.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/estimated-price-lifetime-12-month-trend?hl=dyopp21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.