Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by pinster68
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3155 (resized).PNG
    IMG_9699 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider xtheblackknightx.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#29 7 years ago

Estate sales are still very effective means to acquire multiple machines, especially if they have been sitting in storage for years.
    It does not matter if they are SS or EM.
    Often times owners do not even really know what they have for sale.
    If machines do not work, many people will not buy them.
    If machines "sort of" work, more people think they are worth a small fortune.

The latest example I can remember was about 4 months ago, when 3X 4MBC were purchased for $550, all unworking, mostly complete, and in general good condition overall

I am not saying for anyone to sabotage a game on site like cutting a power cord (which I have actually observed with my MKII eyeballs and pointed out to the auctioneer who physically threw the person out on his a$$), just be mindful of the difference and be prepared to 'pinjockey', if the sale is in close proximity to a major urban area or city, or advertised in multiple ways.

"A long time collector is like a 'big game hunter'. Patient, methodical, and always ready."

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider xtheblackknightx.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/estate-sale-pins?tu=xtheblackknightx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.