New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 247797)

Estate Sale N NJ: TAF, TZ, TSPP, More-7/27

By sataneatscheese

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 70 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by gac
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

61I9Kho4o0L._SX342_ (resized).jpg
    7906 (resized).jpeg
    estate (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider la4s.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#45 1 year ago
    Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

What I would like to know is what leads to this? This isn’t some guy who died and has a family stuck with games. This is an entire house from a family that at least appeared to be wealthy for sale. If I die, my wife sells some of my stuff but not the couch and tv and stuff like that. This has me thinking tax evasion or something criminal where some entity is trying to get their money from a family that wasn’t paying.

More like husband or wife passed away 3 or 4 years ago, and the house is now too much for them to take care of alone. They are moving into an assisted living, and need the stuff gone for their medical expenses with the least amount of hastle for them.

Quoted from sataneatscheese:

Well, I bump forum posts on games I make offers on so... yes, but thats just me. Someone offered me $1200 for my Attack From Mars when I tried to sell ot on Craigslist. I knew better, but others may not. Maybe passing along info to others keeps some old lady from being ripped off.

I know of serveral people including myself that called to iquire about these machines over a week ago. Sometimes people put in a lot of time to look for deals, and it blows up in our face when people 3000 miles away with no intention on actually buying the machines start inflating prices by calling estate sales companies multiple times a day.

About 6 months ago I was the first at an estate sale to look at a machine in which they originally wanted $2000 for. I left my offer, which was signficantly less than the asking price. The guy running the estate auction said he had been getting calls and higher offers all week. Two days later, I get a call asking if I would still like the machine at my asking price. Maybe the the guy was b.s.ing me about the offers, but if they were real offers none of them were serious, otherwise I wouldn't have the machine today. If only serious people had inquired, I could have walked out of the sale ont he first day with the game instead of wasting a morning off work and several extra hours of driving to go back and get the machine.

#55 1 year ago
    Quoted from silver_spinner:

they were already sold to newbees who pay higher and are not gonna flip so it is what it is. Virtually no deals are out there anymore unless you are lightning quick before any one else gets in if something is listed cheap. Or, if the first person that responds to an ad, like the non working quicksilver on marketplace a couple weeks back for 1400, gets it that cheap bcuz the seller waits for the initial first person who says they will take it, even though people are offering more than asking price to the seller since the seller is clueless on that title. (then that person lists the game on here for 5k the next day in same condition)..lol. The internet wrecked most deals. Someone in the boonies back in the day didn't have people from all over making offers, they had to rely on the immediate area. People now will have it shipped, send a shipper or drive many many hours to pickup themselves no matter distance. It's to easy for anyone to list on c list or marketplace even if they don't have a clue about games.
    days of deals are about over! flippers usually have no real job so they can go anywhere at the drop of a hat and have every notifier out there when something is posted and often use sob stories to get the deal. Then they buy, do minimal (like ad purple or blue leds and call it a day), flip and don't pay income taxes.
    hard to compete with that.

I have a full-time job that I can't just leave to pick up a machine, and I have never used a sob story to get a machine. But, I have been able to pick up some great deals over the past year. It just likes a little more effort these days.

#60 1 year ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

You think that's sad, you ain't seen nothing.
    Start going to estate sales and you will see some fucked up things.
    Especially when the heir is some more distant relative that doesn't give a shit and just wants the money.
    Sometimes that family member is present at the sale and you will see things like family photo albums in the trash pile.

People are heartless sometimes, and all the care about is the inheritance. I worked with the elderly population for a long time and have seen some really messed up things that much worse than throwing away family photo albums.

We all give value to items that have no value to others, and that is how people in hobbies rip off little old ladies.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 36.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 65.00
    Lighting - Backbox
    Arcade Upkeep
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 85.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Rocket City Pinball
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Rocket City Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 44.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 625.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 149.00
    $ 65.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 5.00
    Electronics
    Docent Electronics
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 289.00
    $ 55.00
    $ 16.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 98.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Apparel - Unisex
    ArcadeMade
    $ 1,099.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 19.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Decals
    COINTAKER.COM
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Other
    YouBentMyWookie
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    ULEKstore
    $ 8,999.99
    Pinball Machine
    Music City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider la4s.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside