Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 70 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by gac
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

61I9Kho4o0L._SX342_ (resized).jpg
    7906 (resized).jpeg
    estate (resized).jpg
    There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 4 years ago

newjersey.craigslist.org link
    https://www.estatesales.net/NJ/Kinnelon/07405/2285502

Please note these are not mine.

Spotted on Craigslist but too far for me to go. Thought a pinside should scoop these up.
    estate (resized).jpgestate (resized).jpg

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This is your future pinsiders!!

Saw one similar to this few months back.
    When we die our kids and wife's sell our stuff off quick.

#4 4 years ago

These will be higher than pinside price like all estate sales. Waste of time.

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Agree. There will be 10 sweaty dudes lined up only to be told the police force is $5k.

#6 4 years ago

I agree with you guys...but you never know?

I said the same thing about a LOTR on Long Island recently, but apparently a well-known midwest retailer was able to make a good deal on the machine before the estate sale happened.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I agree with you guys...but you never know?
    I said the same thing about a LOTR on Long Island recently, but apparently a well-known midwest retailer was able to make a good deal on the machine before the estate sale happened.

That’s exactly how you get a deal on this stuff. Make it easy for them. Estate sales aren’t about the money for the seller. When they become a ridiculous hassle is when they get those estate sale management companies in there pricing everything, and they come up with the insane prices. “eBay says 10k!”

#8 4 years ago

I'm curious to know the prices,,

If they outprice the market, and it's possible, they won't sell day 1.

Most estate sales have 25% off day 2
    50%day 3

But if priced Right they will be gone fast

#9 4 years ago

This is maybe 10 minutes from me. Worth a drive over at 9:01AM to see what is up. Thanks for the heads up!

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from njgsx96:

This is maybe 10 minutes from me. Worth a drive over at 9:01AM to see what is up. Thanks for the heads up!

I assume you and a few others too. Good luck!

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinphila:

I assume you and a few others too. Good luck!

yep, and unfortunately my pockets are only so deep, but you never know!

#12 4 years ago

I have never been to an estate sale and figured it was like a "whole house garage sale" with everything priced already. I inquired about pricing through email and they said they are accepting best offer. So is an estate sale handled more like a silent auction?

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from njgsx96:

I have never been to an estate sale and figured it was like a "whole house garage sale" with everything priced already. I inquired about pricing through email and they said they are accepting best offer. So is an estate sale handled more like a silent auction?

There are no rules. Just show up and hope for the best. Bring cash.

#14 4 years ago

My wife came across this at an estate sale. I would expect similar mark up. Tspp for 8k. Taf for 10k. The estate companies usually find the highest priced one they can on the internet and start there. Best bet is to walk in with 20k+ cash and make an offer on the lot.

7906 (resized).jpeg7906 (resized).jpeg
    #15 4 years ago

Sorry, all that's left is police force, twilight zone, and Austin powers. Good luck

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from njgsx96:

It varies depending on the company running it.

Typically, they price everything as high as possible to get the most amount of money as possible for the estate. Most of the time, yes, everything is priced. But not at typical garage sale prices.

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from njgsx96:

Better get there earlier than that else there is a good chance they'll be gone. Assuming they're not sold in advance. They typically allow X number of people at a time. Show up super early, get your "number" if they're doing "numbers". Then you can go home and come back at when they open. Don't be late, else you'll lose your spot. Good luck, hope you get 1!

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Then, if they go to a non-Pinsider, they might end up on here for even more!

#19 4 years ago

I dealt with a crooked Estate Sale Rep.

She had more or less stolen - Countless Thousands of dollars in antiques.

I went over to her house to fix an EATPM -
    Dozens of Family Heirlooms littered her house. She bragged she got them for pennies from Estate Items
    that no one purchased. She would highball the Estate Prices on items she wanted to keep and when they didn't sell buy them for peanuts.
    She had more Tiffany glass than our local museum plundered from families like Pulitzer.

She bragged she got the EATPM for 500 2 years ago. IT worked but was rough. She had me drill out the lock.
    I should of refused but she had promissed to sell to me. I walked away with a bad taste in my mouth for
    these Estate Sale Vultures.

Oh yeah she also would have frequent Garage Sales of Items that didn't sell. What a scum

#20 4 years ago

I have already talked to the owner before this sale was posted. Priced high anyway, but I hate when faraway people notify everyone to blow it for a local that is already in the know.

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

I have already talked to the owner before this sale was posted. Priced high anyway, but I hate when raraway people notify everyone to blow it for a local that is already in the know.

Am I really being attacked for spreading the word on some pinballs for sale on a pinball forum?

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Am I really being attacked for spreading the word on some pinballs for sale on a pinball forum?

I wont attack you, but will point out the reality is that you are doing your local pinball people a disservice.

There are a bunch of Dbags that lurk here and will call and and show tons of interest and then the auction/estate person thinks they have gold.
    Better off to just leave these sort of things un posted; assuming you want others to be able to get a deal or at least reasonable price.

Let the local do the work to find them and buy them.

If you feel the need to tell someone then hunt the pinball map, find a name of someone local you like and PM them the info.

Many times I have had deals go south after someone blabs it in the public forum and the seller thinks they have gold.

#23 4 years ago

Would you have posted this if the estate sale were in Crofton, Maryland, and it was a bunch of games you were interested in?

And if not, would you have been happy if someone else did?

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Would you have posted this if the estate sale were in Crofton, Maryland, and it was a bunch of games you were interested in?
    And if not, would you have been happy if someone else did?

Well, I bump forum posts on games I make offers on so... yes, but thats just me. Someone offered me $1200 for my Attack From Mars when I tried to sell ot on Craigslist. I knew better, but others may not. Maybe passing along info to others keeps some old lady from being ripped off.

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Better off to just leave these sort of things un posted

Yes, god forbid the family get the best price for their stuff.

#26 4 years ago

Well, I bump forum posts on games I make offers on so... yes, but thats just me. Someone offered me $1200 for my Attack From Mars when I tried to sell ot on Craigslist. I knew better, but others may not. Maybe passing along info to others keeps some old lady from being ripped off.

Old ladies being ripped off are the lifeblood of any hobby.

You are doing us all a massive disservice!

#27 4 years ago

Attacked?

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Old ladies being ripped off are the lifeblood of any hobby.
    You are doing us all a massive disservice!

but 'dat depression glass doe!

I'm sure that every time I fire up my bitchin' Camaro and take it for a rip around the block, take it to the beach, etc., the deceased husband of the widow I bought it from 20 years ago smiles down upon me enjoying the vehicle that he once did, and his wife clearly hated because she immediately sold it...

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from njgsx96:

If you go I'd be interested to see what they went for.

#30 4 years ago

Welcome to Pinside, new guy ; )

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

They will still get the best price, just wont waste others time and energy that are local.

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Won't care. I'll be dead. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, if I don't get to Valinor, the next owner must.

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

I have already talked to the owner before this sale was posted.

So for conversation purposes, what were the asking prices on each of the machines?

#34 4 years ago
    Quoted from MikeVarney:

So for conversation purposes, what were the asking prices on each of the machines?

Inquiring minds want to know

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from mario_1_up:

If you go I'd be interested to see what they went for.

Ha...I read this quickly scrolling down the page. I thought you were telling someone snarky that if they died you'd wanna see what their pins sold for.

That struck me as funny...just had to share.

#36 4 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

Yes. Because we are all here to make sure sellers get top dollar.

#37 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Nope, told my wife if anything happens to me to put all my shit in auction.
    No estate sales and god forbid she has to deal with people coming and low balling this shit out of her.

#38 4 years ago

Thanks for the ad. I will be there for sure.

#39 4 years ago

Seller told me everything was sold except Austin Powers and TZ, and wanted 10k for the pair. No meat on the bone, not sure why the others are already sold.

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from jake35:

Seller told me everything was sold except Austin Powers and TZ, and wanted 10k for the pair. No meat on the bone, not sure why the others are already sold.

That sucks

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, if I don't get to Valinor, the next owner must.

Please tell me your headstone will flash this in attract mode.

#42 4 years ago

PIN ON MY GRAVE
    PLAY IT

#43 4 years ago

I think there will come a time when I'd actually hope folks would dance on my grave but I won't care cause I'll be dead.

#44 4 years ago

What I would like to know is what leads to this? This isn’t some guy who died and has a family stuck with games. This is an entire house from a family that at least appeared to be wealthy for sale. If I die, my wife sells some of my stuff but not the couch and tv and stuff like that. This has me thinking tax evasion or something criminal where some entity is trying to get their money from a family that wasn’t paying.

#45 4 years ago
    Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

What I would like to know is what leads to this? This isn’t some guy who died and has a family stuck with games. This is an entire house from a family that at least appeared to be wealthy for sale. If I die, my wife sells some of my stuff but not the couch and tv and stuff like that. This has me thinking tax evasion or something criminal where some entity is trying to get their money from a family that wasn’t paying.

More like husband or wife passed away 3 or 4 years ago, and the house is now too much for them to take care of alone. They are moving into an assisted living, and need the stuff gone for their medical expenses with the least amount of hastle for them.

I know of serveral people including myself that called to iquire about these machines over a week ago. Sometimes people put in a lot of time to look for deals, and it blows up in our face when people 3000 miles away with no intention on actually buying the machines start inflating prices by calling estate sales companies multiple times a day.

About 6 months ago I was the first at an estate sale to look at a machine in which they originally wanted $2000 for. I left my offer, which was signficantly less than the asking price. The guy running the estate auction said he had been getting calls and higher offers all week. Two days later, I get a call asking if I would still like the machine at my asking price. Maybe the the guy was b.s.ing me about the offers, but if they were real offers none of them were serious, otherwise I wouldn't have the machine today. If only serious people had inquired, I could have walked out of the sale ont he first day with the game instead of wasting a morning off work and several extra hours of driving to go back and get the machine.

#46 4 years ago

they were already sold to newbees who pay higher and are not gonna flip so it is what it is. Virtually no deals are out there anymore unless you are lightning quick before any one else gets in if something is listed cheap. Or, if the first person that responds to an ad, like the non working quicksilver on marketplace a couple weeks back for 1400, gets it that cheap bcuz the seller waits for the initial first person who says they will take it, even though people are offering more than asking price to the seller since the seller is clueless on that title. (then that person lists the game on here for 5k the next day in same condition)..lol. The internet wrecked most deals. Someone in the boonies back in the day didn't have people from all over making offers, they had to rely on the immediate area. People now will have it shipped, send a shipper or drive many many hours to pickup themselves no matter distance. It's to easy for anyone to list on c list or marketplace even if they don't have a clue about games.
    days of deals are about over! flippers usually have no real job so they can go anywhere at the drop of a hat and have every notifier out there when something is posted and often use sob stories to get the deal. Then they buy, do minimal (like ad purple or blue leds and call it a day), flip and don't pay income taxes.
    hard to compete with that.

#47 4 years ago

Pretty certain the TZ is listed for $7,400 on FaceBook.

I'm on the fence about the project pins thread as well. Again, when it's in my area I don't need the extra exposure. But then I think, if I'm seeing it, so are my fellow local scavengers!

I suppose the message here is as stated, if you have no intention of buying the pin (due to distance or other) then please don't inquire with the seller.

Good luck with the TZ everyone.

#48 4 years ago
    Quoted from njgsx96:

I got the deal of a life time on a pin at an estate sale.

If you really want something, you gotta show up at 4AM to claim your place in line... just FYI

I did that. Claimed the machine... and after all the pinball vultures left, negotiated with the estate sales person. They called the owner with my final offer, it was accepted.

Was a ton of work - may not always work. Probably won’t ever do it again

#49 4 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

I got the deal of a life time on a pin at an estate sale.
    If you really want something, you gotta show up at 4AM to claim your place in line... just FYI
    I did that. Claimed the machine... and after all the pinball vultures left, negotiated with the estate sales person. They called the owner with my final offer, it was accepted.
    Was a ton of work - may not always work. Probably won’t ever do it again

I'm confused. You were basically 1st in line, then said "I'll take it!", followed by later saying "I want a cheaper price!"?

I'm not understanding "claiming the pin".

#50 4 years ago
    Quoted from RonSS:

I'm confused. You were basically 1st in line, then said "I'll take it!", followed by later saying "I want a cheaper price!"?
    I'm not understanding "claiming the pin".

Same here, estate sales around here, you can be first to look at it, but you can't just sit on it till the end of the day.

There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/estate-sale-n-nj-taf-tz-tspp-more?hl=only68s and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.