9 months ago

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by AFM95
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

1.jpg
    1.jpg
    cf076ab41bcaf5e738473f205c2b834a--the-wiz-seinfeld (resized).jpg

#1 9 months ago

So I'm new to this venue and the taste around here is salty.

No offense, but pinsiders are a die hard breed. Too stubborn to move forward. Lose your @compuserve email address. Quit Paypal. And trust escrow services!! SMH

Why are you folks so in love with Paypal? There are a crap load of payment processors to choose from! There's nothing wrong with using escrow when making huge out of state purchases from an unknown party, is there??

Rant over. Any suggestions how to successfully trade over here?

#2 9 months ago

Be quick, take cash

#3 9 months ago

When I bought my TBL, I was thoroughly exasperated that the seller wanted to use Escrow.com (and was willing to pay for it), whereas I was more gung-ho for a quicker "PayPal personal" transaction. As it turns out, Escrow.com is a well-run operation and the transaction was easy and orderly, after I got past the maddening inconvenience of having to open another internet "account."

#4 9 months ago
    Quoted from pbwiz:

Why are you folks so in love with Paypal?

I'd say most people dislike it.

However, paypal is established and is entrenched, so most people have an account, making it easy to send funds from one account to another. Plus, people are generally cheap, and paypal has a free option for making & accepting payment.

In most cases, both the buyer and the seller need to have an account on the same service. So, since most people already have paypal, that's generally why it's used.

Most people don't have whatever the hot/cool/hip payment processor or ewallet service of the moment is and different services can't generally send funds between each other.

#5 9 months ago

I get the need to rant, I've done my fair share, but it really is a sellers' market. If a seller does not want to use an escrow service, that is just the reality.

People use and do what they are comfortable with.

I made an offer on a game to pick up this weekend. I'm only available on Sunday. Dude replied saying we were good, but then replied again saying someone was willing to pick it up on Friday.

Maybe he's in a hurry to get rid of it, maybe he was hoping I'd give him a higher offer. I'm not dying for the machine, so I told him that it was fine and if the Friday guy fell through, that I would still pick it up on Sunday. When I first got into the hobby I was all "rush rush rush" when I saw something I wanted. Now I realize that there will always be another opportunity and it isn't worth stressing.

I apply the same to payment, it's not worth stressing. If a seller wants cash, I'll give them cash. If they want paypal, I'll do paypal if I can get a reference from someone we mutually know. At the end of the day, if "PinheadX" has something that you want, "PinheadX" is in the position of power. You either hafto deal with them or wait for it to appear in the future or at a show.

Good luck with whatever game you are trying to get!

#6 9 months ago

Paypal for deposits, cash on the glass. I help you load it up.

Escrow for mortgage payments only.

#7 9 months ago

Whoever thumbs down this post.. you're not welcome in my club. To the responses, thanks, and come by any time!

#8 9 months ago

I've done two long distance transactions with escrow.com and were perfectly smooth and easy. Buyer paid fees both times.

If cash on glass isn't possible it is the only way I would sell a machine.

#9 9 months ago
    Quoted from pbwiz:

Whoever thumbs down this post.. you're not welcome in my club.

Hate to break it to you, but this is OUR club and you're the one trying to get in. Maybe don't sh*t on Pinside until you've got a few more miles under your wheels.

Then you can sh*t on it like the rest of us!

#10 9 months ago

Eesh. Sense of humor you got there. You want to come at me like that with that language? Get help, pal.

Quoted from jwilson:

Hate to break it to you, but this is OUR club and you're the one trying to get in. Maybe don't shit on Pinside until you've got a few more miles under your wheels.
    Then you can shit on it like the rest of us!

#11 9 months ago

Go easy , as we are trying to help.... I have not yet used escrow.com, but did a direct wire transfer with anther fellow pinsider.

#12 9 months ago

Seems like escrow.com is preferred around here. Thanks for your help everyone, except for the JERK who needs some lysterine for his narcissistic potty mouth. I'm new here so hopefully that guy is an anomaly. Like that crazy person yelling at everyone for no reason, just angry or whatever.

#13 9 months ago

I personally only accept gold doubloons as a form of payment.

#14 9 months ago
    Quoted from pbwiz:

Rant over. Any suggestions how to successfully trade over here?

Usually not being a douche bag helps; So I'd work on that first.

#15 9 months ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

With the ever increasing prices of LE's and games like TBL it won't be long now before mortgages are cheaper than pins.

#16 9 months ago

Welcome to Pinside! Don’t listen to them, being a douchebag will help you fit in perfect! Now start talking about how hard you get listening to trailer park rock’n roll like Iron Maiden, and you’re set!

#18 9 months ago
    Quoted from pbwiz:

Eesh. Sense of humor you got there. You want to come at me like that with that language? Get help, pal.

We’ve seen this many times. You won’t last long here, and it will be an arduous journey. It will finish with you blaming everyone else, and your account will be deactivated either by you, or mods as you lash out.

But back to the subject at hand...

Cash on the glass. That’s how I handle Pinball transactions. If im buying, cash on the glass. If I’m selling, cash on the glass. It takes away all the angst. Machine not as described? Bye bye. Everything else leads to hard feelings.

#19 9 months ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

We’ve seen this many times. You won’t last long here, and it will be an arduous journey. It will finish with you blaming everyone else, and your account will be deactivated either by you, or mods as you lash out.

Dude has already started calling me names in PMs. So, odds are he doesn't last the week.

#20 9 months ago

First of all nice collection of pins. It never pays to lash out in any situation and when buying the seller always holds the cards. Not everyone is hip or going to do it your way. Cash in hand and pick it up in person never fails. Call it growing pains as you disagree with others and try to add to the community in a positive way and after time you will understand and respect others and your own opinion in ways that you can't see now. The toughest groups are the ones you want to be part of. You are wrong for wanting it your way, which may be no problem, but I don't even except PayPal when selling just cash. Everyone has their own comfort bubble and plenty of people have been screwed using payment methods. So please take this and everyone else's views as positive and remember most people on here are older and may not be as comfortable as you with newer paying methods. No need to call someone names as they disagree and are trying to be helpful. That's my old guy been though it rant. There is a lot of good and very knowledgeable people on here.

#21 9 months ago

Nobody beats me because I'm the Wiz!

cf076ab41bcaf5e738473f205c2b834a--the-wiz-seinfeld (resized).jpg
    #22 9 months ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

Dude has already started calling me names in PMs. So, odds are he doesn't last the week.

Really? What a chicken shit. He should go back to his safe space.

#23 9 months ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

Damn machines are getting to be more than my mortgage payment

#24 9 months ago

Never sold a game yet and have not used escrow so have a question... let’s say you use escrow, game gets shipped to buyer and buyer says that the machine is not in condition that he thought it was in so won’t release funds.

What happens next and is this a situation that sellers are comfortable with?

#25 9 months ago
    Quoted from spinal:

Never sold a game yet and have not used escrow so have a question... let’s say you use escrow, game gets shipped to buyer and buyer says that the machine is not in condition that he thought it was in so won’t release funds.
    What happens next and is this a situation that sellers are comfortable with?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-not-get-ripped-off-in-pinball-vids-guide/page/7#post-3860487

1.jpg
    #26 9 months ago

Do you know who pays return shipping though if the seller doesn't accept the condition? That would be a huge sticking point if they change their mind and it's now on me to ship it back to myself

#27 9 months ago
    Quoted from PinballTilt:

Do you know who pays return shipping though if the seller doesn't accept the condition? That would be a huge sticking point if they change their mind and it's now on me to ship it back to myself

According to Vid...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-not-get-ripped-off-in-pinball-vids-guide/page/5#post-3224026

1.jpg
    #28 9 months ago

It's important to update this thread as it turns out the peeps asking for paypal was a scam caught by pinside. So you can see my frustration when I'm being approached by scammers demanding paypal as a new member. I don't like paypal, nor the sellers approach, which is why I'm ranting. It's not against anyone in particular.

But I don't like people attacking me personally (and you probably don't). All I'm communicating is my frustration to a more experienced group to gauge what is and what isn't around here. I'm not a heavy forum user so my etiquette may not conform to your standards and if you don't like my approach you can think what you want, but please don't attack me personally and spoil what could have been a useful thread. I guess I could have kept my mouth shut about the individual attacking me. And as far as the scammer demanding paypal goes, I'm glad the system caught that due to the way it disrupts this venue, so shout out to admin for trying to keep this place safe.

So what kind of tattoo do you need to get into a pinball gang?

#29 9 months ago
    Quoted from pbwiz:

First of all dont buy games that you cant see from someone that you dont know, thats just dumb and your asking to get scammed or burned. Just buy local with cash on the glass.

As far as the tattoo goes, you need a jail house tattoo on the side of your arm that says mom.

#30 9 months ago
    Quoted from PinballTilt:

"Please note, in the event the merchandise is received by the Buyer and rejected, the Buyer is always responsible to ship the merchandise back to the Seller at the Buyer's cost."

That's for escrow.com

#31 9 months ago

paypal blows dead bears

#32 9 months ago

As far as the tattoo goes, you need a jail house tattoo on the side of your arm that says mom.

It also has to be applied by making a tattoo gun out of an old relay and some ground braid and a coil or something

#33 9 months ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

It also has to be applied by making a tattoo gun out of an old relay and some ground braid and a coil or something

Pen, motor from whirlwind or whom dunnit type game, guitar string, add water to coil dust for ink and you're ready!

#34 9 months ago
    Quoted from pbwiz:

It's important to update this thread as it turns out the peeps asking for paypal was a scam caught by pinside. So you can see my frustration when I'm being approached by scammers demanding paypal as a new member. I don't like paypal, nor the sellers approach, which is why I'm ranting. It's not against anyone in particular.
    But I don't like people attacking me personally (and you probably don't). All I'm communicating is my frustration to a more experienced group to gauge what is and what isn't around here. I'm not a heavy forum user so my etiquette may not conform to your standards and if you don't like my approach you can think what you want, but please don't attack me personally and spoil what could have been a useful thread. I guess I could have kept my mouth shut about the individual attacking me. And as far as the scammer demanding paypal goes, I'm glad the system caught that due to the way it disrupts this venue, so shout out to admin for trying to keep this place safe.

I'm fairly new around here too. About a year to be exact. I like people who are polite, have a good sense of humor, and don't personality attack anyone with malcious intent. We're probably on the same page with etiquette expectations.

With that said, what did you expect when you start a thread by saying in your first sentence "the taste around here is salty?" You insult the entire community and expect hugs & kisses from everyone? If that comment was supposed to be sarcastic or playful, then A) clarify that or B) take the snarky comments back at you like a man. It's a two-way street.

If you actually want to have a productive discussions about your topic, ask the simple question without adding backhanded comments to you post.

I hope that helps clarify where you're missing the mark.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 20.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 59.99
    Hardware
    Chroma Pinball
    $ 27.99
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 199.99
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 199.99
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 10.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 35.00
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    PinBoss Mods
    € 68.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Toppers
    liorillusion
    $ 25.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 59.00
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,199.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside