• Latest reply 4 years ago by Timerider
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SWITCH (resized).png
#1 4 years ago

Hello all! I have an Escape from the Lost World that is beating me. If there is more than one credit or it is on free play, the game will randomly add another player or start over. It doesn't look like a true reset, just adds player 2, etc. There doesn't seem to be a single switch that causes it. Sometimes it is the center drain, sometimes a drop target. I've seen it happen on about 12 different switches. I've recapped the power supply board, and it still happens. Anyone come across this before?

#2 4 years ago

Sound like a switch matrix issue. Check along the two red lines as a starter. Check each switches diode and cap (if it has one). Check all the diodes with your multi meter then check the caps. Snip off one side of those little caps and check the game. If it still does it - solder it back on and do the next...and so on
SWITCH (resized).pngSWITCH (resized).png

PS. I'm assuming this is a game you have had that worked and this fault has just occurred?

or is it a machine you have just bought and need to start repairing? i.e. the previous owner could have played around with re-wiring/connectors etc...

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from crazi:

Sound like a switch matrix issue. Check along the two red lines as a starter. Check each switches diode and cap (if it has one). Check all the diodes with your multi meter then check the caps. Snip off one side of those little caps and check the game. If it still does it - solder it back on and do the next...and so on
[quoted image]
PS. I'm assuming this is a game you have had that worked and this fault has just occurred?
or is it a machine you have just bought and need to start repairing? i.e. the previous owner could have played around with re-wiring/connectors etc...

I picked this up a few months ago and have been working out some bugs. I fixed all the majors, and this is the last issue left. I was stumped. I appreciate the direction!

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from crazi:

[quoted image]

I checked all the diodes and they test good. They do not have the small caps. I only found a couple small caps on the whole play field, and none were in that matrix. After more head scratching, I noticed my right slingshot is one of the causes. It doesn't do it every time, but it does it more than other devices. Could a coil cause the reset issue? I did put a new cap on my power board. Appreciate the help

#5 4 years ago

Make sure the fiche paper hadn't slipped from behind the start button, and vibrations aren't causing it to short out against the coin door.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from Timerider:

Make sure the fiche paper hadn't slipped from behind the start button, and vibrations aren't causing it to short out against the coin door.

Will do. Thanks

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from Timerider:

This is good. I adjusted Max players to 1, and did some more testing. The outhole causes a reset every once in awhile. I also notice it will pop up "Player 2 added" on the display even though I only have 1 Max player. It doesn't actually let player 2 play, just displays the message. I tested every diode on the matrix. Does this sound like an MPU issue? I repaired the normal transistor failures on this board and resistors from failed coils. It won't reset unless it has more than 1 credit.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from Boycer:

This is good. I adjusted Max players to 1, and did some more testing. The outhole causes a reset every once in awhile. I also notice it will pop up "Player 2 added" on the display even though I only have 1 Max player. It doesn't actually let player 2 play, just displays the message. I tested every diode on the matrix. Does this sound like an MPU issue? I repaired the normal transistor failures on this board and resistors from failed coils. It won't reset unless it has more than 1 credit.

Sorry... my bad suggestion.
I was thinking this was a '78 Lost World.
Different coin door/button.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
$ 18.95
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
Wichita, KS

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/escape-from-the-lost-world-resetting and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.