(Topic ID: 277324)

Escape from the lost world lamp matrix not working?

By Classics_Master

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by chad
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BA47E2D1-D299-4818-89D9-075CD4EDDBDA (resized).jpeg
#1 3 years ago

Quick question, I have an Escape from the lost World with only half of the controlled playfield lamps working. I checked the 8amp fuses on the power module and all check good, but only half of the lamp matrix lamps working? Any ideas where to look? Sometimes all the playfield lamps work, so I’m thinking it’s a connection, but not sure what plug to look at. Game plays perfectly otherwise. Thanks for any help.

#2 3 years ago

These are the feature lamps that are out, all the idol, build treasure, under slings (which are not GI), and the under clear playfield window. I would’ve thought it was one of the 8 amp fuses on the power module? Both tested good.

BA47E2D1-D299-4818-89D9-075CD4EDDBDA (resized).jpegBA47E2D1-D299-4818-89D9-075CD4EDDBDA (resized).jpeg
#3 3 years ago

Any thoughts on this? Could this be in the MPU? Plugs look fine and this era Bally games are usually very solid. Like I was saying, it plays perfectly.

#4 3 years ago

It's possible there might be cold solder joints for the lamp connectors. Also those .100 IDC female connectors are crappy. You may have to push the wire in slightly with a small flat head screw driver. Make sure power is off when doing this.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

It's possible there might be cold solder joints for the lamp connectors. Also those .100 IDC female connectors are crappy. You may have to push the wire in slightly with a small flat head screw driver. Make sure power is off when doing this.

Thanks I’ll check that out, also what are .100 IDC female connectors? Is this a molex connector or the plugs on the CPU? Such as J10/J11?

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from Classics_Master:

Thanks I’ll check that out, also what are .100 IDC female connectors? Is this a molex connector or the plugs on the CPU? Such as J10/J11?

Yes, they are on the cpu .

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Yes, they are on the cpu .

Hello, say I’ve checked the voltage on the power module and I’m getting 11volts AC on both TP6 & TP7, both fuses are tested good as well. Then looked at the J10 plug and all looks fine as well...

Could it be that I have a lamp or lamp socket wires short circuiting the circuit? I sure wouldn’t want to remove all those lamps and start one at a time, but just not sure what else it could be? Like I say, it use to work on/off, now not working at all, just half the lamp matrix. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

#8 3 years ago

A faulty lamp socket , or you may have a transistor controlling the lamps that is bad.

#9 3 years ago

Looking back and rereading your post this seems like fuses. Did you check all fuses related to illumination on the long fuse block inside the head on the left side. I know some of them control flippers etc.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Looking back and rereading your post this seems like fuses. Did you check all fuses related to illumination on the long fuse block inside the head on the left side. I know some of them control flippers etc.

I did check them all individually, but I guess there could be cold solder on the back of that board? I thought those fuses just ran the flasher lamps?

#11 3 years ago

I would check mpu board for cold solder.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Machine - For Sale
Wichita, KS
$ 18.95
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 15.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Trade
Machine - For Trade
New Cumberland, PA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/escape-from-the-lost-world-lamp-matrix-not-working and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.