(Topic ID: 196068)

Escape from the Lost World Club ~ Come on in!

By steve-o

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 246 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 49 days ago by steve-o
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170808_214044_Original.jpeg
escape3 (resized).jpg
escape1 (resized).jpg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5118 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5117 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5115 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5116 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5114 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5113 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5112 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5110 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5109 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5108 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5106 (resized).jpeg
There are 246 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
#101 3 years ago

I believe I've narrowed it down to being LED1 on the kicker sensor board. I have a friend coming over in the next few days to help me with it, so hopefully we can get it up and playing soon.

3 weeks later
#102 3 years ago

So I thought I’d update this and see if anyone here has any ideas.
Both LEDs on the kicker sensor board are working now, but the problem remains. On start up, it flashes multi ball 2, and the multiball coil Keeps Constantly firing. The only time it stops is if I unplug the sensor board that works with the led board. I took a picture to show which board I mean. Has anyone here dealt with something similar?
Another odd piece to the puzzle, is it did work once, in between this constantly happening. My son and I played several games perfectly. Then the next time u started it up, it happened again and hasn’t stopped.
Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

8A51FB97-4F58-4087-9D39-AF701B0D04B1 (resized).jpeg8A51FB97-4F58-4087-9D39-AF701B0D04B1 (resized).jpegB67F62C1-F190-4CD4-9228-D13AA06BF881 (resized).jpegB67F62C1-F190-4CD4-9228-D13AA06BF881 (resized).jpeg
#103 3 years ago

My first thought would be to look for cold solder joints, especially if the problem comes and goes.

#104 3 years ago

Anyone know what the function of the left bulb behind the drop targets is? Its never worked since I owned the machine and since it was such a minor issue, I've never bothered to look into it until today when I had the playfield up. Just glancing at it, it's not wired with the rest of the GI and looks like it's a controlled lamp.

20200611_190010 (resized).jpg20200611_190010 (resized).jpg
#105 3 years ago

NM, answered my own question. Looks like the diode wasn't making contact to the lamp socket. Jiggled it a bit and now it's working.

#106 3 years ago

Got my escape from the lost world flipping again now.
It was a combo of a poor Optic led and A poor connection at the j5 connector.

1 week later
#107 3 years ago

Some of my rubber rings are looking a little beat up and I'm probably going to replace with titans. I want to try something other than white. Anyone have any pics with different colored rings?

#108 3 years ago

Playing around with lighting the back artwork. I'm not sure if I like it or not.

20200623_080939 (resized).jpg20200623_080939 (resized).jpg
#109 3 years ago
Quoted from Jason43:

Playing around with lighting the back artwork. I'm not sure if I like it or not.
[quoted image]

Looks good! A few years back I was doing the same thing and ended up using a deep blue led strip mounted under the plastic trim I think the same way you have yours set up. I also used super bright blue led's around the "escape" door and super bright warm-white led's in the lava pit. For me keeping the playfield G.I. somewhat dark overall really made the blue glow off of the back artwork and the lava pit really stand out. I also used a slow-fade color changing LED in the volcano which gives it an effect of lava running down the sides. Also used super-bright orange led's under the mountain range (upper pf) plastic. This actually does not give off much light when shining through the plastic but it really brings out the color and gives the mountain range plastic a nice vibrant glow. I think so anyways .

FYI it looks a lot better in person. The camera doesn't seem to take good photo's with led lighting. The blue effect it not nearly as overpowering as it appears in the photo.

5ccb16839f05d4cacab5a74338b82442fac4512c (resized).jpg5ccb16839f05d4cacab5a74338b82442fac4512c (resized).jpg
#110 3 years ago
Quoted from MoSeS_1592:

Looks good! A few years back I was doing the same thing and ended up using a deep blue led strip mounted under the plastic trim I think the same way you have yours set up. I also used super bright blue led's around the "escape" door and super bright warm-white led's in the lava pit. For me keeping the playfield G.I. somewhat dark overall really made the blue glow off of the back artwork and the lava pit really stand out. I also used a slow-fade color changing LED in the volcano which gives it an effect of lava running down the sides. Also used super-bright orange led's under the mountain range (upper pf) plastic. This actually does not give off much light when shining through the plastic but it really brings out the color and gives the mountain range plastic a nice vibrant glow. I think so anyways .
FYI it looks a lot better in person. The camera doesn't seem to take good photo's with led lighting. The blue effect it not nearly as overpowering as it appears in the photo. [quoted image]

Yeah, I actually got the idea from seeing your post. I almost went with a blue or uv strip and still may. I wanted to bring out some of the artwork on the back wall, but I'm not sure if it's too much light. Even with a dimmer, it's still pretty bright back there.

For the volcano, I used red led's underneath and red and orange for the insert where it "erupts". The two colors make a nice fire effect for the volcano erupting.

#111 3 years ago
Quoted from Jason43:

Some of my rubber rings are looking a little beat up and I'm probably going to replace with titans. I want to try something other than white. Anyone have any pics with different colored rings?

Green titans. Also green displays are a nice touch too. I think they were X-Pin.

IMG_8812 (resized).JPGIMG_8812 (resized).JPGkDEjUrHPTDOiCFLBnaGGpg (resized).jpgkDEjUrHPTDOiCFLBnaGGpg (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#112 3 years ago

Can someone tell me what activates the green flasher in the lower left corner?

1 month later
#113 3 years ago

Added a few mods and I'm still trying to figure out when the green flasher activates

20200816_160519 (resized).jpg20200816_160519 (resized).jpg20200816_160307 (resized).jpg20200816_160307 (resized).jpg20200816_160436 (resized).jpg20200816_160436 (resized).jpg20200816_160225 (resized).jpg20200816_160225 (resized).jpg20200816_153434 (resized).jpg20200816_153434 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#114 3 years ago

Dan- it blinks when you get the ball save multiball- sterling just told me..he's currently playing. I watched and confirmed

Quoted from Puffdanny:

Can someone tell me what activates the green flasher in the lower left corner?

IMG_20201013_173223 (resized).jpgIMG_20201013_173223 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#115 3 years ago

I’m in the club, mines kind of a beater, I might have to clear coat the playfield just to save the art

2 weeks later
#116 3 years ago

Both my ramps have been taped and filled with epoxy, multiple times. If anyone know who has, or makes these ramps, please let me know.

1 week later
#117 3 years ago
Quoted from danastude:

Both my ramps have been taped and filled with epoxy, multiple times. If anyone know who has, or makes these ramps, please let me know.

As far as I know, they are unobtanium. I definitely be down for a set if anyone ever made them, just to have.

#118 3 years ago
Quoted from Jason43:

As far as I know, they are unobtanium. I definitely be down for a set if anyone ever made them, just to have.

Yeah you'll most likely never find new ones. I don't think the game is popular enough to make reproduction ramps profitable. I am curious though, my left plastic ramp plastic has no printed pattern on it. It is flat dark brown and nearly opaque. Perhaps this is an aftermarket replacement ramp from decades ago? Are your guy's left ramps flat brown or are they the same striated rock pattern as the other plastics in the machine?

#119 3 years ago
Quoted from MoSeS_1592:

Yeah you'll most likely never find new ones. I don't think the game is popular enough to make reproduction ramps profitable. I am curious though, my left plastic ramp plastic has no printed pattern on it. It is flat dark brown and nearly opaque. Perhaps this is an aftermarket replacement ramp from decades ago? Are your guy's left ramps flat brown or are they the same striated rock pattern as the other plastics in the machine?

I'm not in front of mine, but iirc, everything is clear plastic, painted on the backside.

#120 3 years ago

Mines plain brown

1 week later
#121 3 years ago

Plain brown on my left ramp as well. Think I’ve seen it mentioned somewhere before that they were reproductions from early the 2000’s if I remember correctly? I would be interested in a new one if anyone ever makes another reproduction (even if it’s just clear you could spray the back brown)

E7DEFB8D-40A8-451D-A420-E5C80C2427B1 (resized).jpegE7DEFB8D-40A8-451D-A420-E5C80C2427B1 (resized).jpeg

#122 3 years ago

I'd be down for one too, if we could get them made. My ramp is intact, but the section on the right that covers the clear Plastics was trimmed off at some point.

#123 3 years ago

agreed. I'd purchase a repo ramp if they ever become available.

1 week later
#124 3 years ago

I'm having an issue with my gate closing once the ball goes in the hole or it times out.you can see it move about a 1/4 inch trying to close bit stops,a gentle touch and it will close so It wants to work but all of a sudden its hanging up.i pulled the playfield out to inspect and cant see anything wrong and i tried to gently bend the gate but didn't help any. Has anyone seen this problem or have an idea what to look for?

#125 3 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

I'm having an issue with my gate closing once the ball goes in the hole or it times out.you can see it move about a 1/4 inch trying to close bit stops,a gentle touch and it will close so It wants to work but all of a sudden its hanging up.i pulled the playfield out to inspect and cant see anything wrong and i tried to gently bend the gate but didn't help any. Has anyone seen this problem or have an idea what to look for?

Mine did that when I first got the machine. I disassembled the gate and gave it a good cleaning and lubricating that seemed to fix it. If I remember correctly I think there is a spring somewhere in the mix that closes the gate when the coil is inactive. You may want to tighten up that spring.

2 months later
#126 3 years ago

I'm in the middle of shopping out my machine and found a loose wire that looks like it should be connected somewhere on a bulb that is behind the escape insert on the right side of the collect treasure/escape door. Can someone take a look back there and tell me where it should be soldered to?

20210331_173749 (resized).jpg20210331_173749 (resized).jpg20210331_174046 (resized).jpg20210331_174046 (resized).jpg

#127 3 years ago

I no longer have my EFTLW to confirm, but from your pic it looks like it goes on the tab of the lamp holder on you middle lamp.

#128 3 years ago
Quoted from steve-o:

I no longer have my EFTLW to confirm, but from your pic it looks like it goes on the tab of the lamp holder on you middle lamp.

same situation here, and I also agree.. in the picture it looks like that tab is missing any connection

4 months later
#129 2 years ago

Hello there! I'm a complete pinball noob so I apologize in advance. Bought my first pinball (and hopefully not my last) and I love it! Overall in nice shape and seems to be working well in all areas. The only issue that I have come across is the multiball. The multiball releases from it's holder on the left hand side of the playfield just fine. But when the multiball comes into play, the regular ball comes back down into the right hand chute and loads back over to the regular plunger. Once both balls are active, they both just clog up the middle hole waiting to be shot out to the regular plunger. It seems to me that one ball should automatically be shot back through the left hand chute to sit in the multiball release holder spot. But that isn't happening. Again, I'm a complete noob so I took a bunch of pics of possibly relevant items and hopefully someone has had this issue and it's an easy fix. Thanks in advance for any help!

PXL_20210811_014156631 (resized).jpgPXL_20210811_014156631 (resized).jpgPXL_20210811_014201804 (resized).jpgPXL_20210811_014201804 (resized).jpgPXL_20210811_014257987 (resized).jpgPXL_20210811_014257987 (resized).jpgPXL_20210811_014751155 (resized).jpgPXL_20210811_014751155 (resized).jpgPXL_20210811_014754759 (resized).jpgPXL_20210811_014754759 (resized).jpgPXL_20210811_014801708 (resized).jpgPXL_20210811_014801708 (resized).jpg
#130 2 years ago
Quoted from Colejs:

Hello there! I'm a complete pinball noob so I apologize in advance. Bought my first pinball (and hopefully not my last) and I love it! Overall in nice shape and seems to be working well in all areas. The only issue that I have come across is the multiball. The multiball releases from it's holder on the left hand side of the playfield just fine. But when the multiball comes into play, the regular ball comes back down into the right hand chute and loads back over to the regular plunger. Once both balls are active, they both just clog up the middle hole waiting to be shot out to the regular plunger. It seems to me that one ball should automatically be shot back through the left hand chute to sit in the multiball release holder spot. But that isn't happening. Again, I'm a complete noob so I took a bunch of pics of possibly relevant items and hopefully someone has had this issue and it's an easy fix. Thanks in advance for any help!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It's one of two things...

Either one of the micro switches (i think there are two) located in the center ball drain aren't registering when the ball is present in the drain or it's the optical switch in the left multiball kickout lane. You should be able to reach in and wiggle the connector a bit for the board that has the optical switch on it. perhaps use some contact cleaner on it. This probably is not the problem but you want to rule it out just to make sure. And it's also possible you may have to replace the Optical switch board all together but again this is unlikely.

If it's one of the Center drain micro switches , which it most likely is, then try very gently adjusting the rollover arm or you may have to replace the switch all together if it's beginning to become faulty. You can set the game into a diagnostic mode where you can test the switches to see if they are registering when they are supposed to be. I had a very similar problem and it ended up being one of the center of micro switches wasn't registering when the ball was in the trough. Hope this helps.

#131 2 years ago

Can’t quite follow description after multiball launches out but I agree with one of those switches bring the most likely issue.

#132 2 years ago
Quoted from MoSeS_1592:

It's one of two things...
Either one of the micro switches (i think there are two) located in the center ball drain aren't registering when the ball is present in the drain or it's the optical switch in the left multiball kickout lane. You should be able to reach in and wiggle the connector a bit for the board that has the optical switch on it. perhaps use some contact cleaner on it. This probably is not the problem but you want to rule it out just to make sure. And it's also possible you may have to replace the Optical switch board all together but again this is unlikely.
If it's one of the Center drain micro switches , which it most likely is, then try very gently adjusting the rollover arm or you may have to replace the switch all together if it's beginning to become faulty. You can set the game into a diagnostic mode where you can test the switches to see if they are registering when they are supposed to be. I had a very similar problem and it ended up being one of the center of micro switches wasn't registering when the ball was in the trough. Hope this helps.

First off, thank you. Second, I'm not even positive what a microswitch looks like, but I don't guessing it's the two cylinder things underneath the ball drain that shoot the balls in one direction or the other through the plastic tube chutes. I took photos to make sure. I ran two diagnostic tests and the first one, after saying single solenoid, the message in the photo came up about thumper bottom. It then went to "switch test" and the message about multi ball 1 came up (see photo) and made a continuous noise. So, does that help diagnose the problem?

PXL_20210813_013056044 (resized).jpgPXL_20210813_013056044 (resized).jpgPXL_20210813_013109616 (resized).jpgPXL_20210813_013109616 (resized).jpgPXL_20210813_013118620 (resized).jpgPXL_20210813_013118620 (resized).jpgPXL_20210813_013139677 (resized).jpgPXL_20210813_013139677 (resized).jpg
#133 2 years ago
Quoted from Colejs:

First off, thank you. Second, I'm not even positive what a microswitch looks like, but I don't guessing it's the two cylinder things underneath the ball drain that shoot the balls in one direction or the other through the plastic tube chutes. I took photos to make sure. I ran two diagnostic tests and the first one, after saying single solenoid, the message in the photo came up about thumper bottom. It then went to "switch test" and the message about multi ball 1 came up (see photo) and made a continuous noise. So, does that help diagnose the problem?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The micro switch looks very similar to this. It's wedged up in between the yellow solenoids in the photo.

SmartSelectImage_2021-08-13-11-53-18 (resized).pngSmartSelectImage_2021-08-13-11-53-18 (resized).png
#134 2 years ago

I checked every inch around those two solenoid coils and there isn't any microswitch. Could the solenoid coil need replacing?

#135 2 years ago

I don’t have access to mine at the moment, but there’s got to be a switch in there somewhere. Follow the skinny wires or drop the whole assembly and you should be able to find it.

#136 2 years ago

Spitballing here...

Veify switches 3 and 4 (lower left corner of image) are working properly.. if they both work correctly, verify that wiring and connections back to the pcb(s) are not broken.

check switch 3 and 4 (resized).jpgcheck switch 3 and 4 (resized).jpg
#137 2 years ago

Id be looking at switch 32-34. There has to be a switch for when the ball drains and sits above those selenoids so they know to fire the ball left or right. I have no idea what type of switch is there though.. leaf, micro, opto? There is something though.

If the game never fires a ball left to stage the multiball, the switch that registers multiballs is stuck on most likely.

#138 2 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Id be looking at switch 32-34. There has to be a switch for when the ball drains and sits above those selenoids so they know to fire the ball left or right. I have no idea what type of switch is there though.. leaf, micro, opto? There is something though.
If the game never fires a ball left to stage the multiball, the switch that registers multiballs is stuck on most likely.

Maybe this switch?
Opto? Cold solder joits?

F8A4C330-1774-4531-A39D-E65E626A1D59 (resized).jpegF8A4C330-1774-4531-A39D-E65E626A1D59 (resized).jpeg

#139 2 years ago

Yea, test those in switch test. You already reseat the connectors?

#140 2 years ago

Turn the machine off, take the balls out and look down in the center ball trough. you will see two firm metal wires that look like bent paper clips that the balls will push down when in the trough. Those are the rollover switches. Those metal arms are attached to the switches I was referring to. If those switches fail then the machine won't know the balls have drained and things will not operate correctly.

1 month later
#141 2 years ago

I have some extra plastic parts and the bridge. They aren’t perfect, but might be better than what somebody has.
I know they’re hard to find.
I’d rather sell/ship them all to one person
Here’s a link for a better view https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-FXThb4m00LPe-y2l0tJMJp4SYZw4snQ
I have no idea what to price them at - so I’ll probably end up putting them on eBay.

If you have an opinion on what they’re worth or want to make an offer - send me a message.
Thanks

E2298925-EDEE-44CC-B649-B0C4BAE49C0F (resized).jpegE2298925-EDEE-44CC-B649-B0C4BAE49C0F (resized).jpeg0D2ACD3E-123E-4A59-A048-FD87A2D33350 (resized).jpeg0D2ACD3E-123E-4A59-A048-FD87A2D33350 (resized).jpeg22DDCE2C-4788-4212-AE04-B55C51CEE79B (resized).jpeg22DDCE2C-4788-4212-AE04-B55C51CEE79B (resized).jpeg6A3C16E5-1264-4AB7-8C7D-ED5AB4129B2B (resized).jpeg6A3C16E5-1264-4AB7-8C7D-ED5AB4129B2B (resized).jpegBC27FB0F-679B-42FC-B966-4444FD87F1FA (resized).jpegBC27FB0F-679B-42FC-B966-4444FD87F1FA (resized).jpeg4CFE7D2A-5F2A-45A2-8766-316252E9E9AC (resized).jpeg4CFE7D2A-5F2A-45A2-8766-316252E9E9AC (resized).jpegAA16E682-B1D3-430B-827C-636F03BEE5BA (resized).jpegAA16E682-B1D3-430B-827C-636F03BEE5BA (resized).jpegEB6D4A3F-7B56-4DD8-916D-0D19E0D521CF (resized).jpegEB6D4A3F-7B56-4DD8-916D-0D19E0D521CF (resized).jpeg
3 months later
#142 2 years ago

Hi guys,

Quick question: I got recently a fully disassembled escape which I am working on.
Would anyone have a picture of this area? Especially the soldering of the wires to the switch?

Many thanks in advance!

20220106_163500 (resized).jpg20220106_163500 (resized).jpg
#143 2 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Hi guys,
Quick question: I got recently a fully disassembled escape which I am working on.
Would anyone have a picture of this area? Especially the soldering of the wires to the switch?
Many thanks in advance!
[quoted image]

Hope this helps.

20220107_224055 (resized).jpg20220107_224055 (resized).jpg20220107_224405 (resized).jpg20220107_224405 (resized).jpg20220107_224917 (resized).jpg20220107_224917 (resized).jpg
#144 2 years ago

It sure does, many thanks

I have an additionnal question: how do the game works with balls?
I have inserted 2 balles in the game, but it spits both in the shooter lane at the beginning. I guess this is not correct?

#145 2 years ago

and one more question: I have no right flippers.
How are they powered on a system 6803?
Through the relay on the board? That might be the issue?

#146 2 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

and one more question: I have no right flippers.
How are they powered on a system 6803?
Through the relay on the board? That might be the issue?

I changed the transistor associated to the flippers, and that I thought drove the relay: same behaviour

#147 2 years ago

Have you checked the coil power wires to the flipper coils?

Also, 1 ball is held in the multiball launch lane on the left side and is released for multiball. Upon draining, it goes back to the left launch lane where it stays until it's needed again. There's an opto board in the left launch lane that senses that the ball is there. Check for cracked solder joints. That was the problem with mine. Re-flowed and it's been fine since.

#148 2 years ago
Quoted from tullster:

Have you checked the coil power wires to the flipper coils?
Also, 1 ball is held in the multiball launch lane on the left side and is released for multiball. Upon draining, it goes back to the left launch lane where it stays until it's needed again. There's an opto board in the left launch lane that senses that the ball is there. Check for cracked solder joints. That was the problem with mine. Re-flowed and it's been fine since.

Many thanks !
Fort the flipper I solved it, the previous owner had it resoldered on the wrong lugs....

For the balls: will check that! It probably is an issue with the opto as you state

1 month later
#149 2 years ago

Quick favor if someone gets a chance - could someone post a photo of the coil/eos wiring for the upper left flipper? Thanks!

1 week later
#150 2 years ago

Hi all. I joined the EftLW Club a few days ago by buying one locally. It’s my first pinball machine and I know essentially nothing about them at all. I’m reading and at least starting to pick up on the lingo (sort of). I have always wanted a basement arcade, but never had the space until recently. Now I have a big mostly empty basement that is getting the treatment as budget allows. The particular EftLW that I picked up is in ok shape. It has the original screen printed glass, but the plastic ramps are not in great shape. It does have the original left ramp that matches the rest of the rock on the upper playfield. Like everyone else, I’d buy a set of ramps if they ever made replacements. It plays well as far as I can tell, but needs a cleaning, some light bulbs, and the sound is almost imperceptible (even with the he rheostat turned all the way up). I have not managed to escape yet and haven’t even managed the first replay score. Other issues are no coin slots, no keys (locks are pretty torn up), and some of the artwork on the side of the cabinet is starting to peel. Overall, not too bad though.

Anyhoo, I bought this one because it was conveniently located and my kid loves dinosaurs, but turns out, I really love the game. I can see how this hobby could escalate quickly, as I am already making the list of what I want to put next to it

074E3764-7B40-49E8-B345-6B39426151F4 (resized).jpeg074E3764-7B40-49E8-B345-6B39426151F4 (resized).jpeg2900D171-68C8-4E74-9200-83195D7150FF (resized).jpeg2900D171-68C8-4E74-9200-83195D7150FF (resized).jpeg940DBE7D-5C78-4027-89E8-0B9349BDB73A (resized).jpeg940DBE7D-5C78-4027-89E8-0B9349BDB73A (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 36.95
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Wichita, KS
There are 246 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/escape-from-the-lost-world-club-come-on-in/page/3?hl=drypaint and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.