3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 219 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by jim5six
  • Topic is favorited by 103 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 89 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20180725_165921 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180323_180533 (resized).jpg
    Playfield30 (resized).png
    2018-03-17 12.56.01 (resized).jpg
    2018-03-17 13.06.21 (resized).jpg
    Playfield25 (resized).png
    Playfield_detail (resized).png
    Playfield5 (resized).png
    2017-11-04 15.59.14 (resized).jpg
    2017-11-04 15.28.33 (resized).jpg
    2017-06-18 11.10.45 (resized).jpg
    2017-06-19 19.44.13 (resized).jpg
    2017-06-19 19.45.01 (resized).jpg
    2017-06-03 17.22.01 (resized).jpg
    2017-06-03 17.14.14 (resized).jpg
    2017-06-03 17.12.52 (resized).jpg

There are 219 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
    #201 1 year ago

And here is a newer concept playfield art image; 6 locks for the 6 modes:
    Playfield30 (resized).png

-Jim

#202 1 year ago

And its about time this thing had some lights! Got my FAST Pinball order 100 rgb lights and the connectors to wire them in. I am using a fade candy board for the lighting so I need to dig into that programming now I guess.
    IMG_20180323_180533 (resized).jpg

-Jim

#203 1 year ago

It is insanely hard building a real pinball machine. I know, I work for Heighway Pinball! So kudos to anyone who takes on a mammoth project like this. You sir, have balls of steel.

4 months later
    #204 1 year ago

I guess Pinburgh has me wanting to post something!
    IMG_20180725_165921 (resized).jpg
    So I uploaded a couple new videos today... My ability to play evaporated, but I have tried to explain the game and the rules that I have created so far and there is some horrible game play for your humorous enjoyment.

Thanks,
    Jim

#205 1 year ago

Nice to see you back at it Jim.

liking that the hvac ductwork. are those vents on the side of it? would be cool if when going through the hvac there were lights inside that the ball went in front of and you could sort of see the progress by the shadow.. or lights for each vent that went on as the ball goes past like they had a flashlight or something.. because who has lights in ductwork?

#206 1 year ago

Very impressive!

#207 1 year ago
    Quoted from BorgDog:

Nice to see you back at it Jim.
    liking that the hvac ductwork. are those vents on the side of it? would be cool if when going through the hvac there were lights inside that the ball went in front of and you could sort of see the progress by the shadow.. or lights for each vent that went on as the ball goes past like they had a flashlight or something.. because who has lights in ductwork?

you got it exactly right, those are "vent covers" in the side and there will be lighting so you see the shadow of the ball "fall" down the vent. I have yet to play with and learn about lighting in MPF at all. I have a fade candy board and a bunch of leds and that is the next task for my brain. Thanks, It feels good to be back at it, finally!
    -Jim

#208 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tomass:

Very impressive!

Thank you,
    Jim

#209 1 year ago

Looking great! Can't wait to see the rest of it progress, but I like the game play and all the modes, very clever use of the spaces for the different rooms. And I agree, that HVAC habitrail is awesome!

#210 1 year ago
    Quoted from etlandfill:

Looking great! Can't wait to see the rest of it progress, but I like the game play and all the modes, very clever use of the spaces for the different rooms. And I agree, that HVAC habitrail is awesome!

Thank you etlandfill !
    Jim

1 month later
    #211 1 year ago

I don't visit Pinside too often anymore but I was really glad to see some more progress on this project! Keep it up!

4 months later
    #212 9 months ago

Very cool. Those renders look ridiculous!

3 months later
    #213 6 months ago

Hello for the abyss!
    I am trying to get back into this project and in order to do that I am going to start streaming game play and hopefully showing some code and talk through the project entirely on twitch. If you are interested in talking home brew of Mission Pinball framework or 3d design or 3d printing parts or virtual pinball or whatever! come join me when I start. You can follow my Twitch channel @ https://www.twitch.tv/renopinball and you will be notified when I go live. I will be streaming Wednesday night for sure and will stream more if i get good feedback or desire from people to do so.

I can post here when I start to stream if people think that would be beneficial.

Thanks and sorry for the big empty spaces in my work,
    Jim

#214 6 months ago

I posted my twitch stream on youTube if anybody interested. I would like to do more of these if there is interest

-Jim

#215 6 months ago

Thanks for posting the recording! Enjoyed watching it. Just two small notes:
    - In your slides you could use widget_styles (http://docs.missionpinball.org/en/latest/examples/widget_styles/index.html) so you don't have to repeat the font name and size all over the config
    - There is a working prototype for connecting VPX and MPF (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/mpf-users/bS7vtUaWVf0). We will probably publish some updates it in a few days with better tutorial and examples.

Jan

#216 6 months ago

Thanks Jan!
    I will look at the widget_style and see if I can simplify the code, thanks.

That is great news! I will need to look at that for sure!

-Jim

#217 6 months ago

This is a fun concept- I was thinking about your six locks and getting the keys when I had a thought. What if you had an alternative means of collecting keys. What if you could hit a target (something easy but that you would not necessairly randomly hit from rebounds etc) that started a pick the lock mode. You could make that as difficult as getting a key by tuning how it worked.

My idea is the mode starts with all targets but two (randomly selected every time) lot up. Then- every time you hit a target it switches the light status- if you are able to turn on ALL lights you pick the lock. If you keep hitting lit targets it gets harder and harder as they turn off when you hit them. Timed mode-

perhaps even make it so that in order to enter mode you need to do some rapid flipper sequence within 1 second of hitting the pick the lock mode target- that way you can choose to enter mode.

Anyhow- not sure this is even consistent with your idea for play- but seemed fun to me so wanted to share.

#218 6 months ago

Way cool. I really like the concept. The playfield layout is really clever. I was coding with MPF for a while and it's a really nice foundation for coding out your machine. Keep up the good work.

#219 6 months ago

Thanks guys for the feedback.

rufessor I had though about a lock picking idea/mechanism as well, but decided it didn't fit well with the typical dumb teenagers locked in a house horror trope.

-Jim

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 209.99
    $ 19.99
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 27.99
    $ 194.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Mod Co.
    € 22.00
    Cabinet - Other
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 5.00
    € 4.20
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 7,299.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 89.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 43.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 25.00
    Boards
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 199.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 30.00
    $ 15.00
    There are 219 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside