Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by pinster68
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0493.jpg
    IMG_0492.jpg
    escalera 005.JPG
    escalera 004.JPG
    escalera 003.JPG
    escalera 002.JPG
    escalera 001.JPG
    #1 9 years ago

I was going through some old pictures and ran across these. I thought it might push a few people into ordering one

[email protected]

escalera 003.JPGescalera 003.JPGescalera 002.JPGescalera 002.JPGescalera 001.JPGescalera 001.JPGescalera 004.JPGescalera 004.JPGescalera 005.JPGescalera 005.JPG

#2 9 years ago

Those things really look like the cats cojones if you move any number of pins at all, and are short of manpower.

#3 9 years ago

Can I add the forklift to mine? I bought it this year.

#4 9 years ago

Here are the 34 steps of my new digs, up which I moved a machine for the first time yesterday, on my own, in about 15 minutes (maybe 20, lol), on an Escalera 66 that I bought from somewhere in America. Not saying where (don't want to upset the local distributor who sells them for $8000)..

LOVE this thing!

IMG_0492.jpgIMG_0492.jpg IMG_0493.jpgIMG_0493.jpg
    #5 9 years ago

I want an escalera, not for my own home (a ranch, zero steps), but for the God-awful pickups I have to make. I've had some real doozies over the years, one which busted up my right knee pretty good. I think it's money well-spent for anyone in this hobby.

#6 9 years ago

Yeah I'm always on the edge for buying one, I see the value, but I'm soooo lazy when it comes to doing anything =)

That forth pic doesn't seem physically possible (obviously it is) as it just seems like those little supports with wheels should fold.

#7 9 years ago

Looks like you loaded it backwards to me . I always load the front first . Much easyer to set on the ground when you unload it .

#8 9 years ago
    Quoted from TenaciousT:

Looks like you loaded it backwards to me . I always load the front first . Much easyer to set on the ground when you unload it .

And I do if I have to set it on the ground. BUT loading it or unloading it this way I didn't have to worry about the handle and the back of the truck bed.

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from DylanFan71:

Can I add the forklift to mine? I bought it this year.

Unfortunately you cannot add the forklift to a standard model. There is a cutout on one of the cross members for the cables that yours would not have so the cables couldn't be run.

#10 9 years ago

I like the forklift attachment, but it is really heavy and makes loading the cart into a truck for transport a strain on the back. If you get an escalera, make sure to get one with the removable forklift attachment. I almost bough a used one with it permanently attached, I would have been very sad.

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from mg81:

I like the forklift attachment, but it is really heavy and makes loading the cart into a truck for transport a strain on the back. If you get an escalera, make sure to get one with the removable forklift attachment. I almost bough a used one with it permanently attached, I would have been very sad.

You are correct. It is heavy with the forklift attached. I sell a Lift Hitch adapter that goes into the receiver of your hitch. You simply roll up to the LH-3, tilt the Escalera back and slide the forks into the adapter. Tip the Escalera up and fully into the LH-3. The forks will go under the spare. Crank them up and put some pressure on the tire. Take the safety strap and go around the back of the Escalera and it cannot come out. I have traveled thousands of miles with it on the back of my truck with no issues.

And you are correct. I only advise folks to buy the removable forklift. Its the RLA-HC model

#12 9 years ago

How heavy *is* the forklift attachment?
    Flipnout: do you have photos of the hitch in action?

#13 9 years ago

http://escalera.com/accessories/lifthitch.htm

The Escalera site shows a short video.

Total weight with the Fork Life attached is 181 lb. The Escalera is 77 lb so the attachment is approximately 104 lbs by itself.

#14 9 years ago

How much is a basic model? Been thinking about this (pins on second floor) or an addition on the back of my first floor.

That is one good looking Fishtales.

#15 9 years ago

Call me for pricing.

Yes it was a really nice FT. But it belongs to a friend now.

[email protected]
    847-778-4876

#16 9 years ago

Escalera will also make a custom narrow version. I called earlier this year and chatted about it with their salesman. My place has a staircase with a turn and standard Escaleras would likely hit walls...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/escalera-with-forklift-attachment-unloading-a-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.