Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 133 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by jalpert
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FA39B315-F762-4C2E-9545-192E96D87EDE (resized).jpeg
    A65E3CBB-5414-4B54-8521-45EDF68EE922 (resized).jpeg
    A25D9584-A692-4848-B302-85091F2353FA (resized).jpeg
    7B450903-05A9-4976-8CB3-BC7B920EBAF7 (resized).jpeg
    F3437BE1-7B71-48C2-9C6D-B10E36A49ACE (resized).jpeg
    big_wheels.png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20180304_143708.jpg
    20180304_143655.jpg
    73577BA6-3447-4F6C-9153-610249CF8D75 (resized).jpeg
    EF270EEB-100C-47C5-B9D1-75B52C2AD7C9 (resized).jpeg
    B8CA0382-91BB-4585-BF84-747A1C47A1FB (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1260 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Oldgoat.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 6 years ago

How much clearance do you need to use one? The top of my stairs open up into a hallway so there is only 36" from the door to the hallway wall...and it is only a 32" doorway. So I wonder if one would work. Right now, I have to move heavy stuff by going around my house (walkout basement). Here the challenge is a series of stepping stones set into the slope. The issue with this is that the stones are different widths with some less than 24" and they are variably spaced. Would an escalera be able to handle that?

1 week later
    #35 6 years ago
    Quoted from Oldgoat:

How much clearance do you need to use one? The top of my stairs open up into a hallway so there is only 36" from the door to the hallway wall...and it is only a 32" doorway. So I wonder if one would work.

Anyone know the answer to this...and does it vary if it is a widebody?

#43 6 years ago
    Quoted from flipnout1:

This is my usual answer. If you are using a hand truck to move a pin now you can use an Escalera.
    But here are the dimensions of an Escalera. The toe plate is 24 inches wide. The distance from the back of the wheel to the front part of the frame that a game would be resting against is about 7 inches. So add the 7 inches to the dimension of a folded up pin and that will tell you if it will fit. The door obviously to the stairway would be open so you only need to get the Escalera on to the landing and you can start the turn. Or you may have to set it down and spin it on something so as to not scratch the floor.
    Widebody pins would probably not make any difference as the head of any pin in the widest part, not the body. The head is about 27-29 inches depending on manufacturer so they can fit through any exterior doorway.

Thanks. I guess part of the problem is that I don't know if I could move them in that space with a regular hand truck. Right now, I carry stuff around the side of the yard to the basement. However, it is challenging in that there is a significant elevation gain and a handful of stepping stones, which act like stair steps to take up the steepest part of the slope. Then once I get to ground level, I have lots of plants and posts and rocks to navigate. God help me if I should step on a plant. It seems like it would be a whole lot simpler if I could use the stairs. Maybe someone else has experience navigating stairs with this limitation?

#46 6 years ago

Thanks...so it sounds like it would be doable. Need to cogitate on this a bit.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Oldgoat.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/escalera-which-model-which-accessories?tu=Oldgoat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.