Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 133 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by jalpert
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FA39B315-F762-4C2E-9545-192E96D87EDE (resized).jpeg
    A65E3CBB-5414-4B54-8521-45EDF68EE922 (resized).jpeg
    A25D9584-A692-4848-B302-85091F2353FA (resized).jpeg
    7B450903-05A9-4976-8CB3-BC7B920EBAF7 (resized).jpeg
    F3437BE1-7B71-48C2-9C6D-B10E36A49ACE (resized).jpeg
    big_wheels.png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20180304_143708.jpg
    20180304_143655.jpg
    73577BA6-3447-4F6C-9153-610249CF8D75 (resized).jpeg
    EF270EEB-100C-47C5-B9D1-75B52C2AD7C9 (resized).jpeg
    B8CA0382-91BB-4585-BF84-747A1C47A1FB (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1260 (resized).JPG
    There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 5 years ago

Unfortunately, I purchased a fully loaded Escalera just before deciding to slow way down on the hobby. I can’t say I’m done, but I don’t think I need an Escalera at this point. My total cost was ~ $4000 after shipping, tax, etc. Larry was great to work with.

This is essentially the everything-included unit for pinball, with all relevant accessories:

60” Stair-climbing handtruck with removable forklift.
    $2499
    Big wheel attachment, $155
    Big toe plate attachment, $135
    Battery charger, $60
    Extra strap, $99
    Pinball lift attachment, $
    Lift Hitch, $299
    Swivel caster attachment, $135
    Magnum cross-grip, $
    Step-edge detection, $359

I’m still trying to get a breakdown of the individual costs of all the accessories. I am happy to show receipts.

I’ve never moved even one game all the way up stairs with it. $3000 OBO for everything.

#102 5 years ago
    Quoted from Russell:

Unfortunately, I purchased a fully loaded Escalera just before deciding to slow way down on the hobby. I can’t say I’m done, but I don’t think I need an Escalera at this point. My total cost was ~ $4000 after shipping, tax, etc. Larry was great to work with.
    This is essentially the everything-included unit for pinball, with all relevant accessories:
    $2499
    Battery charger, $60
    Extra strap, $99
    Lift Hitch, $299
    Magnum cross-grip, $
    I’m still trying to get a breakdown of the individual costs of all the accessories. I am happy to show receipts.
    I’ve never moved even one game all the way up stairs with it. $3000 OBO for everything.

Wow! That's the Rolls Royce of Escaleras you have there.

#103 5 years ago

Happy to part out, sell some of the accessories separately.

#104 5 years ago

Escaleras are pretty darn awesome, especially for weaklings like me who can't just manhandle things on their back jogging up the stairs.

- STTNG as an example. Anyone who's had one, knows this is one heavy SOB of a game.

I've personally got the midsize unit, with the forklift and pinball plate. Plus, the toe hitch. Zero regrets.

GLWS, Russel.

#105 5 years ago
    Quoted from Russell:

$2499
    Battery charger, $60
    Extra strap, $99
    Lift Hitch, $299
    Magnum cross-grip, $

You can use the forklift with the 60" Escalera? I was thinking the 66" was the smallest. And that is definitely some setup you have. The one I have has been great for moving machines, dressers, and plenty of other furniture.

Brad

#106 5 years ago

OK Escalera owners I need some advice. I have had the unit for about 2 weeks and I must be doing it wrong? Granted my first attempt was an Elephant Hobbit. Going up my stairs (many more than 3) it almost Lunges forward making it a holly crap moment. I tried using a lower angle and that was a Scary outcome as it ended up rolling down 3 stairs with me holding on for dear life. Tried less angle and back to lunging #400 lbs forward again. What am I missing as I really want this to work but it feels safer now with the old clean and jerk with the manual dolly. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Possibly my stair treads are to small or tall? There is barely an inch for the lift roller to grab the end of each stair?

#107 5 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

OK Escalera owners I need some advice. I have had the unit for about 2 weeks and I must be doing it wrong? Granted my first attempt was an Elephant Hobbit. Going up my stairs (many more than 3) it almost Lunges forward making it a holly crap moment. I tried using a lower angle and that was a Scary outcome as it ended up rolling down 3 stairs with me holding on for dear life. Tried less angle and back to lunging #400 lbs forward again. What am I missing as I really want this to work but it feels safer now with the old clean and jerk with the manual dolly. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Possibly my stair treads are to small or tall? There is barely an inch for the lift roller to grab the end of each stair?

That jerk you are feeling is the shift in the center of gravity when the load's weight goes from the main wheels to the small lift wheels. You need to anticipate it and re-balance the load once the shift happens. It's definitely a somewhat jarring feeling at first, but the whole process will become second nature after you've used your Escalera more. When I first started using mine, I found it easiest to activate the switch just a little at a time and go slowly until you start to feel the shift, then apply the necessary counter force and continue up/down the stair.

#108 5 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Gweempose is correct it is the shift in the balance point from the wheels to the feet that have landed on the next step up.

Try this until you get used to moving a game with the Escalera. As the feet go down to touch the step go very slowly until they just touch the next step. Push down on the handle to physically move the weight from the wheels to the feet. Now the game is on the next step so no change in the balance point. Repeat until you are up the stairs. Once you get used to this it will be second nature.

If you lower the game the belt on the hand truck will contact the edge of the stairs before the feet and allow it to slide down as with yelobird. So maintain the balance point at all times and it will be fine.

Jellikit the middle size is the 66 inch. So the forklift option only goes on the 66 inch or a special order for a 72 inch.

[email protected]

#109 5 years ago

I guess mine is a 66”

#110 5 years ago
    Quoted from Russell:

I guess mine is a 66”

Where are you located, local buyers that wouldn't have to pay for shipping could save a lot of $$.

#111 5 years ago

Update to details, thanks Larry:

Removable forklift Staircat with hand winch: $2395
    Big wheel attachment: $150
    Magnum cross-grip handle: $50
    12”x28” Bigtoe plate attachment: $130
    Lift hitch: $275
    Swivel caster attachment: $130
    Step Edge detector kit: $345
    Custom Lift Plate Attachment (Pinball plate) 18”x42”: $195
    Extra Rewind Strap: $90
    Freight/Shipping: $235
    Total: $3995

These are my costs, I will discount everything by 20% on individual components, or everything for $3000 (25% off). I am in Colorado Springs.

#112 5 years ago

That's 25% FYI

#113 5 years ago

Great seller. Deal with confidence! GLWS Russell!

#114 5 years ago

Some Mexicans building houses for me just installed escalera.

#115 5 years ago

Since someone asked...If you just want the main unit with forklift, with no accessories? (Although I think you’re going to want some accessories.)

Main unit + fork= $2395
    Magnum cross grip= $50
    Extra strap= $90
    My Total Cost= $2535 (not counting tax, shipping)
    - 20%
    =$2028, call it $2000 even.

#116 5 years ago

They work pretty well for going upstairs, but going downstairs is always a bit scary. I have an escalera. The unit itself is pretty heavy. On the plus side, you can move a game from a basement by yourself, but it is a slow process. My advice is to Practice using it with nothing in it a few times going up and down stairs to get used to it.

#117 5 years ago

Where are you located....

#118 5 years ago

Just realized I had my location hidden. Fixed it. I’m in Colorado Springs, CO.

F3437BE1-7B71-48C2-9C6D-B10E36A49ACE (resized).jpegF3437BE1-7B71-48C2-9C6D-B10E36A49ACE (resized).jpeg

7B450903-05A9-4976-8CB3-BC7B920EBAF7 (resized).jpeg7B450903-05A9-4976-8CB3-BC7B920EBAF7 (resized).jpeg

A25D9584-A692-4848-B302-85091F2353FA (resized).jpegA25D9584-A692-4848-B302-85091F2353FA (resized).jpeg

A65E3CBB-5414-4B54-8521-45EDF68EE922 (resized).jpegA65E3CBB-5414-4B54-8521-45EDF68EE922 (resized).jpeg

FA39B315-F762-4C2E-9545-192E96D87EDE (resized).jpegFA39B315-F762-4C2E-9545-192E96D87EDE (resized).jpeg

#119 5 years ago
    Quoted from kovalski3:

They work pretty well for going upstairs, but going downstairs is always a bit scary. I have an escalera. The unit itself is pretty heavy. On the plus side, you can move a game from a basement by yourself, but it is a slow process. My advice is to Practice using it with nothing in it a few times going up and down stairs to get used to it.

I believe the stair edge detector kit is supposed to make the process of going down the stairs less frightening? In a way I'm glad this isn't closer to me or I'd probably already be on my way to pick it up, lol!

#120 5 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

I believe the stair edge detector kit is supposed to make the process of going down the stairs less frightening? In a way I'm glad this isn't closer to me or I'd probably already be on my way to pick it up, lol!

we can get you some tasty vegan treats if you come visit us in colorado

bump for a great dude to deal with!

#121 5 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

#122 5 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

» YouTube video

I would agree to that if as shown in the video you have 2 foot deep stairs. For traditional pitch stairs I am certain this feature would be useless.

#123 5 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

I would agree to that if as shown in the video you have 2 foot deep stairs. For traditional pitch stairs I am certain this feature would be useless.

Ehh... if your cart's wheels aren't hitting the landing of the step... you are doing it WAY wrong The machine rests on it's wheels inbetween each climb. These chocks would further help keep the base steady.

#124 5 years ago

I have the edge detectors on mine. They are a great feature and definitely help even on normal stairs.

#125 5 years ago

Has anyone used one on hardwood stair treads? Do the tread edges take a beating?

#126 5 years ago
    Quoted from kovalski3:

I agree..... I found that the best way to go down steps is just to have my wife there also. She does NOT have to lift at all, she just keeps pressure towards the back of the step so the escalera does not roll forward going to the next. Easy and very safe when we do it this way.

#127 5 years ago

Going down is definitely a lot more scary than going up, since you're essentially doing it blind.

#128 5 years ago

No problems up or down with the Lectro-truck. Never any issue with finished stair treads either. 600# gun safes are no issue at all.

#129 5 years ago

I have no problems going down or up. But I use it almost every day and have been for many years. For folks who don't use an Escalera, or any other hand truck but occasionally, I can understand why it makes them nervous to see their game hanging over the edge of the steps. Used correctly one person can do it very safely. Base model Escalera is rated for 700# but the base models on some hand trucks are only rated for 600#.
    Other hand trucks can pin you against the wall at a landing since they must extend to lift over that last step. Escalera does not.
    The Escalera does not damage the edge of the stairs. It lifts the wheels over the edge, just like many other powered hand trucks. Appliance dollies or hand truck actually use the edge of the steps. The belt hits the edge and all the weight is applied to the belt as it rotates up to the next step.
    Watch videos on how it works and you can see exactly how the wheels clear the edge of the step.

[email protected]

#130 5 years ago

$2900 for everything. Ad posted on Craigslist, Pinside ad to follow soon.

#131 5 years ago

You sure that's a 66"? Looks like a 72". I could be really wrong. It would say on the serial number tag.

Bump.

#132 5 years ago

It's 66". Can't find the serial number tag, where is it? It's not near as tall as me. So, not 72".

#133 5 years ago

Serial tag is on the side. 66” is the perfect size.

There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/escalera-which-model-which-accessories/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.