Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by cjchand
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
    IMG_3947 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3946 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3945 (resized).jpg
    7e380012c6871f35118e1321fb1ecac8a874b278 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3944 (resized).jpg
    #1 5 years ago

I have been in the pinball hobby for many years, bit by the bug back in the 90's along with many others in the golden age I'm sure. Over the years I've owned several machines and my current collection is up to 3 and growing. I have a bad knee from a car accident that prevents me from being able to do much heavy lifting, so I have always had to pay movers or rely on others to move my pins. I have stairs going into my basement which is where my gameroom is. I finally decided that with getting much more into this hobby that I needed to invest in an escalera.

I called Flip N Out pinball, now owned by @zmeny

To my surprise Zach himself answered the phone and spoke with me for a good 30 minutes about the escalera, options, costs, and even some pinball chat. Zach was super helpful, and had some good discounts available for what I was looking to buy, so a couple days later I placed the order. If you're going to get one be prepared for the wait as it does take about 4 weeks for the factory to build and ship it. Also call Zach for pricing as he can probably save you a bit depending on what is available! Zach kept in touch and updated me with the tracking info once shipped, and today it arrived.

I purchased the escalera with forklift, the big wheel attachment, and the pinball machine lift plate. This way I have a lift for my machines and can move them around, attach the legs, and do whatever is needed. The accessories are super easy to use. You can remove the big wheel attachment easily with your foot while holding onto the load, and the pinball lift plate is just 4 easy quick snap pins to install/remove. I used the escalera to move itself down my steps, and will do some practice runs up and down my steps with a light load. It takes a little getting used to for sure, so don't do it with a pinball machine the first time!

Arrived and in my garage! Wrapped and secured tightly to the pallet.
    IMG_3944 (resized).jpgIMG_3944 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3945 (resized).jpgIMG_3945 (resized).jpg

Unwrapped, the big wheels and the plate are in carboard.
    IMG_3946 (resized).jpgIMG_3946 (resized).jpg

Here it is in my basement and ready to lift.
    IMG_3947 (resized).jpgIMG_3947 (resized).jpg

Current pic of my basement pinball "alcove".
    7e380012c6871f35118e1321fb1ecac8a874b278 (resized).jpg7e380012c6871f35118e1321fb1ecac8a874b278 (resized).jpg

#2 5 years ago

looks like you have room for a couple more games. good thing you grab the Escalera!

#3 5 years ago
    Quoted from KingPinGames:

looks like you have room for a couple more games. good thing you grab the Escalera!

Exactly! Need to find myself a nice WOZ. Hopefully JJP reveals details soon about what WOZ pins can still be ordered. Would love a 75th, RR, or ECLE honestly.

#4 5 years ago

This made my day thanks! Yourself or anyone using one can call me for quick basic tips on how to operate. Like riding a bike, once you learn how to operate you won’t forget it and it’s easy peasy. Collection looks great buddy!

#5 5 years ago

If it can move a pinball machine, it can move a hot water heater!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #6 5 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

If it can move a pinball machine, it can move a hot water heater![quoted image]

Yup that’s always my selling point to wives haha

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Yup that’s always my selling point to wives haha

The plumber installing our water heater had LOTS of questions about it. I am giving him your contact info in case he is interested.

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

The plumber installing our water heater had LOTS of questions about it. I am giving him your contact info in case he is interested.

Yeah. I've used mine to take 4 lateral file cabinets and a server rack down the stairs at my house. Should have bought it 20 years ago.

I tell anyone who will listen to either buy one (from zack) or to at least rent one locally to see just how amazing they are.

#9 5 years ago

f3honda4me , Your set up is identical to mine. Bought it from Larry a couple years ago. Best purchase I ever made. I also bought the LH-3 lift hitch so I can carry it easily on the back my truck.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

Fantastic. Thanks buddy.

Quoted from KingPinGames:

Yeah. I've used mine to take 4 lateral file cabinets and a server rack down the stairs at my house. Should have bought it 20 years ago.
    I tell anyone who will listen to either buy one (from zack) or to at least rent one locally to see just how amazing they are.

Much appreciated Chris

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

If it can move a pinball machine, it can move a hot water heater![quoted image]

Now where's the fun in that?

Seriously, though, did you get a discount? When they hauled the 2, 50-gallon timebombs - er, water heaters - out of my attic, they charged extra because they were upstairs.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/escalera-unboxing-?hl=cjchand and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.