(Topic ID: 92096)

Escalera Stairclimbing Hand Truck What Size?

By njg

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

Looking to get an Escalera Stairclimbing Hand Truck but not sure what size.
    Will only be using it to move pinball machines so I was thinking the 60" model.
    I will be getting the big wheel option for grass and dirt.
    Any insights as to which size is best?
    Please LMK
    Thanks
    njg

#2 9 years ago

I like the 66-inch variety because the handles (and operating switch) are a bit past the end of the cabinet. You should consider getting the oversize toe plate attachment - it provides a more secure base for the end of the cabinet than the built-in toe plate.

#3 9 years ago

I just got one from Larry at FlipNOut pinball. I highly recommend him. I think I got th 66". The big wheel is great.

#4 9 years ago

I got the 60" model. It makes turning on a stair landing a little bit easier.
    Got mine from Larry as well.
    My back has thanked me ever since.

#5 9 years ago

It depends. The taller the dolly, the more leverage you will have. I've owned all three sizes. the 72" was a pain. it barely fit in my car, I had to move the passenger seat all the way up. The biggest problem with the 72" are staircases that have walls at the top, hard to maneuver. However, maybe this is just for your house and you don't have that. Maybe you have a truck that can haul it fine.

If it's JUST for pinballs, the 60" is probably the best. It can very easily haul a pin, and the handles are above the cab, no problems.

I currently own the 66" and that's the best for me. I think it might make hauling arcades easier, it fits well in my car, if I can maneuver a 72" with walls at the top of stairs this should be much easier, and it as more than enough leverage (not that the 60" didn't either).

My 2 cents.

#6 9 years ago

Thanks for the quick reply
    I was planning on buying from Larry
    njg

#7 9 years ago

How much are they? Ed

#9 9 years ago

Check with Larry at
    [email protected]

njg

#10 9 years ago

Kitch will give you a good price and he is a great guy to deal with!

ck

#11 9 years ago

Order a 66" from Larry two weeks ago. He had a promotion price running. Give him a call.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/escalera-stairclimbing-hand-truck-what-size and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.