(Topic ID: 323222)

Escalera Safety

By TheBeefSupreme

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0CCC5250-DAE9-4174-ABBE-8BB2A7AB1D20 (resized).png
    C5BE1752-C7F0-4685-85A2-A135DC27E1B8 (resized).png
    EC98FD70-F117-40E4-AC8B-36BCE6E57BC4 (resized).png
    F64EF984-C7CD-4CC6-BEF7-92D29F6EBD50 (resized).jpeg
    1141FF13-10ED-4FCB-8D04-B813D1909382 (resized).jpeg
    5095F5A7-DEC6-4792-B389-D2C85D6EF957 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheBeefSupreme.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

Holy crap, I have moved a ton of games in and out of my house and never had issue. I was just bringing one out for a trade and disaster struck. Sometimes my escalera pulls forward a bit to be at the right angle but I always can lean back to anchor it. This morning it pulled a bit too much and my balance wasn’t right. The game tipped back down the stairs and flung me over top of it.

My wife and son were at the bottom but thank goodness I always make sure they are to the side and the stairs are clear.

I don’t think I broke anything but I’m cut and bruised up pretty bad.

Anyone have ways they better anchor themselves when using their escalera? I definitely don’t want that happening again.

In somewhat surprising news. The game appears to be completely fine.

#3 1 year ago
    Quoted from stepside:

The same thing happened to me once. Luckily I was just on the first step but it tipped back pulling me over the game. I'm way more careful about pulling it lower now when using it.

Lower as in you lean back more or sit back on the steps?

#7 1 year ago
    Quoted from thekaiser82:

Yikes. Were you going up or down?

Ha was going up. I unpacked the game and set it up and amazingly there is only one little mark on the bottom-back right of the head but nothing else. Still plays perfectly and no errors. Could have been much worse for me and the game.

#12 1 year ago

Yeah pretty sure the rail would break off. I know some guys here get off on YouTube injury videos or whatever but it was pretty scary. I can take a hit and I would probably laugh more about it if it wasn’t a close call where it could have potentially killed my two year old son. Can’t help but think what if I hadn’t put him aside or if he followed me. That shakes you up a bit. I’m a pretty big dude at 6’2” 240 lbs and I would consider myself to be pretty darn strong. I’ve moved pins a ton in the same way and in an instant this just went completely wrong. This wasn’t even the first pin I had brought up that day.

I guess I was just sharing a tale of caution and seeing if there were any little tricks people did to be extra safe. Will be more careful in the future.

#17 1 year ago
    Quoted from tatman9999:

Did it look like this?

Ha that one is wild. I didn’t get any airtime on this one. Just the machine tipped forward and I kinda rolled over it. It started coin door up and just rolled back to be coin door down. I ended on top of it.

#18 1 year ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

Yes, great no hospital visit. Still not clear how this happened. Were you higher on the stairs than the game? Holding top of dolly, which pulled you down with it when it went?
    I was moving a game on a four wheel dolly once when it tipped and took out my nice TV. I'm skinny, so I didn't even try to save it once I saw it tipping. TV was destroyed, game was hardly scratched. Sounds like you didn't get a chance to decide.

I have no clue what I did. I think I had done it so many times that I was probably just distracted and thinking about something else. There is normally a little adjustment it does to align with the track and I think without being set right I just wasn’t quite ready to counter balance.

#22 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Dude. If you're 6'2, 240lbs and strong, you don't need a a damn Escalera. You don't even need a dolly. Throw it on yer shoulder and dance up those stairs like the bad boy you are.

Perhaps you’re right. I did move games with just a dolly for a while but it’s 16 stairs out so I figured I should have a better long term strategy to preserve my back. Looks like today that plan didn’t work out.

#49 1 year ago

On a good note. The game had almost zero impact at all. Plays completely perfect and I even put up some high scores last night. The only thing was this little ding to the decal. It would be fitting that the game that so frequently beat the crap out of me would rough me up one last time.

1141FF13-10ED-4FCB-8D04-B813D1909382 (resized).jpeg1141FF13-10ED-4FCB-8D04-B813D1909382 (resized).jpegF64EF984-C7CD-4CC6-BEF7-92D29F6EBD50 (resized).jpegF64EF984-C7CD-4CC6-BEF7-92D29F6EBD50 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheBeefSupreme.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/escalera-safety?tu=TheBeefSupreme and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.