5 months ago

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by pinster68
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

78E1A9B4-8ABA-48CC-91A7-9666CFA38CD9 (resized).jpeg

#1 5 months ago

Just about to pull the trigger on an Escalera MS-60 through Larry at Flip N Out Pinball. I need to confirm if this is even going to work. My side entry landing is 35” x 42”, with stairs leading straight up into the house, and another staircase 90 degrees into the cellar. Looks something like this.

78E1A9B4-8ABA-48CC-91A7-9666CFA38CD9 (resized).jpeg

#2 5 months ago

Excellent choice! I’m sure Larry will chime in soon to help.

#3 5 months ago

I assume you’ll be heading down into the cellar? If so, I don’t believe it will work. You don’t have enough room to make that 90 degree turn. I have an ecsalera and also have a landing that requires a 90 degree turn and it doesn’t fit.

#4 5 months ago

Yeah, Larry was great on the phone and offered competitive pricing. Definitely using him over other outlets or used/Craigslist options.

I’m thinking I’ll have no issue coming straight in the side, but then I’ll have to turn everything 90 degrees and slide the pin out over the cellar stairs a bit to pitch the Escalera back for the cellar stairs. I just don’t know if I’ve got the clearance for the turn.

#5 5 months ago
    Quoted from DngrWillRobinson:

I assume you’ll be heading down into the cellar? If so, I don’t believe it will work. You don’t have enough room to make that 90 degree turn. I have an ecsalera and also have a landing that requires a 90 degree turn and it doesn’t fit.

Yes, heading into the cellar.

#6 5 months ago

So a cursory search of dimensions says a folded up pin is about 29" wide x 30" deep. I’m fine with removing the head if I need to.

#7 5 months ago

Just my opinion... I have an Escalera (from Larry!) and have made similar turns but on a slightly bigger landing. I think it will challenging with a folded pin. However, with the head removed, it shoukd be doable.

#8 5 months ago

Get it to the landing, take off the escalera, turn the pin, strap back to escalera and keep going.

#9 5 months ago
    Quoted from Boat:

Get it to the landing, take off the escalera, turn the pin, strap back to escalera and keep going.

That's what I do. I have a 180 degree turn that I have to wrestle with.

#10 5 months ago

A suggestion for those difficult landings is to put something down on the landing to make it easy to spin the Escalera and the pin. A rug, sheet, towel or something that is close to the size of the game plus the Escalera. It also helps prevent any scratches on the landing when you spin it. Then you will have to move the game close to the edge to be able to tip it back. This is a good application for the MS-60 as it gives you slightly more room but does make it a bit harder to tip the load back.

Larry@flipnoutpinball.com

#11 5 months ago
    Quoted from pinster68:

Just about to pull the trigger on an Escalera MS-60 through Larry at Flip N Out Pinball. I need to confirm if this is even going to work. My side entry landing is 35” x 42”, with stairs leading straight up into the house, and another staircase 90 degrees into the cellar. Looks something like this.

Your 42" side is fine going up or down. Your 35" side is an issue. I don't believe 35" is enough clearance to make a turn. I have 38" and cannot make a turn with the escalera going down, head on.

If you can open up the wall to create more clearance, it will help you.

#12 5 months ago

as stated you might have to unhook, turn and rehook on the landing. It will be tight and getting it back on teh wheels on the landing will be difficult but it should be doable. You night want a second person below to help guide as you get it back on the wheels to go down the second set of steps. But if there is anyway that it will work its a much better option than killing your back.

#13 5 months ago

How do you move the pins down now? If you can do it with a standard hand truck, you should be able to do it with an Escalera. You would definitely need a second person, as you will need to hang the pin way over the edge of the stairs in order to get enough leverage and room to tilt it back.

#14 5 months ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

How do you move the pins down now?

I just moved into the house (btw, I’m now walking distance to the Silverball Museum ). All my pins are in a storage unit.

#15 5 months ago
    Quoted from pinster68:

I just moved into the house (btw, I’m now walking distance to the Silverball Museum ). All my pins are in a storage unit.

Then I would check to see if there is room to rotate a pin on that landing before committing to the Escalera.

#16 5 months ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Then I would check to see if there is room to rotate a pin on that landing before committing to the Escalera.

I took my chances and ordered already. Worst case is I remove the head, which I’m perfectly fine with. It’s either that or I have to give up and sell all my pins. My cellar is the only place I can put them.

#17 5 months ago
    Quoted from pinster68:

I took my chances and ordered already. Worst case is I remove the head, which I’m perfectly fine with. It’s either that or I have to give up and sell all my pins. My cellar is the only place I can put them.

You will love the Escalera. Best pinball investment I ever made.

#18 5 months ago
    Quoted from pinster68:

My cellar is the only place I can put them.

You know, dining rooms are highly overrated and really seldom used.....a fellow could easily fit six pins in a normal sized dining room. I know, because I tested it. I’m sure that I’m not the only one!

#19 5 months ago
    Quoted from BALL_LESS1:

You know, dining rooms are highly overrated and really seldom used.....a fellow could easily fit six pins in a normal sized dining room. I know, because I tested it. I’m sure that I’m not the only one!

That’s what we did in our last home. Had 5 pins there, with the rest of my collection in my garage. New house is a 100 year old classic with small rooms, and no garage, so no real choice in the matter for pins ... the 25’ x 25’ cellar will be my game room. I’m having it waterproofed and adding climate control. It should work out great aside from wrangling pins up and down. The escalera will make it about as good as I could hope.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Lighting - Led
    Comet Pinball
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Mods for your pinballs
    $ 62.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 445.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 29.90
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Hardware
    CPR Playfields
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Protection
    Little Shop Of Games
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 244.99
    $ 239.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside