(Topic ID: 270835)

Escalera Powered Stair Climber information thread.

By rai

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 600 posts
  • 118 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by evileye
  • Topic is favorited by 76 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RLA-HC (resized).png
    steps going down (resized).jpg
    steps going up (resized).jpg
    IMG_1345 (resized).jpeg
    20230828_144634_compress99 (resized).jpg
    20230828_144618_compress67 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1698 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1695 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1703 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1405 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ltg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 3 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

OK I was looking maybe the not that much trouble to switch wheels off.

You have the two big wheels. A threaded rod between them with a big turn buckle. Turn that to unscrew or tighten. Unscrew and pop the wheel unit off. Hold them in place and retighten to have them back on. Maybe a minute of work. Easy. If the turn buckle is too tight to turn, stick a big screw driver or something inside the slot in the turn buckle for added leverage.

On my regular two wheeler. I used a black magic marker to mark where I wanted them, high or low, for what was best for my use.

LTG : )
    Disclaimer : An Escalara is the only thing I failed to pick up when the video fad was on in 1980. And hardly a day goes by that I think about it. Someday.

#21 3 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

OK sounds good, what's the best place to get one? Better at a regular store or online? I'm in Orlando if anyone knows a location.

https://www.flipnoutpinball.com/ Don't delay call Zach today !

#22 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

You have the two big wheels. A threaded rod between them with a big turn buckle. Turn that to unscrew or tighten. Unscrew and pop the wheel unit off. Hold them in place and retighten to have them back on. Maybe a minute of work. Easy. If the turn buckle is too tight to turn, stick a big screw driver or something inside the slot in the turn buckle for added leverage.

Picture of wheels on my two wheeler. Same set up.

Turn buckle circled in red. When loosened spreads the sides out circled in green. Then lifts off.

DSC00284 (resized).JPGDSC00284 (resized).JPG
    #25 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

The big wheels which simple snap on an off with one foot kick

This.

Ignore my posts and pictures. They are for the antique Escaleras . The company made them better and easier to put on or off.

Disclaimer : Teach me to not pay attention to improvements until I could buy one. Sorry.

#45 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

I think this start to finish video from my friend in WI should mostly answer all your questions. lol

Great video. Turkey In The Straw/Benny Hill tune is a nice touch.

Disclaimer : I have got to get one of these someday. Don't need the stair climber part. Fork lift part would be great.

4 weeks later
    #106 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Personally never understood the Pinball specific lift tables. Most are huge, do not lower to the floor for setup, and often weigh as much as a pinball machine??

When they first appeared too many years ago. There were no other options.

I bought one in 1981, put better wheels on it. Best thing I ever did at the time.

3 weeks later
    #152 3 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

I always tell people that at some point you’re gonna have to buy the aluminum. Either a couple grand worth in the Escalara or the hardware that will go in your back which will be much pricier and more painful. The metal is going somewhere....hahaha

That is true. I can attest to that.

It was 1981 before I finally bought a pinball cart, two wheeler, four wheel dolly, and lift gate on the truck. Got tired of carrying games. And the injuries were already adding up.

Only mistake I made was in 1981 and 1991, not buying an Escalara with the fork lift attachment.

#153 3 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

Anyone have any information or advice about metal ramp.

Last year when I was thinking of bringing a roll cab with to TPF. I scrounged craigslist and found a new 5 foot aluminum ramp. Really cool. Stands 5 foot tall, hinged in the center the long way. Came with a canvas carrying bag. I got it for way less than scrap value, around $30.

Never used it, I did keep it. Just in case. Not much into it and doesn't take much space.

Similar to this except for the anti skid surface. Mine has raised ribs side to side to prevent slipping.

https://www.discountramps.com/silver-spring-single-fold-wheelchair-ramps-grit/p/SCGPLUS-5/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwg8n5BRCdARIsALxKb94Tm2n4okjK0W_jcnO_3eyExMYtjVxhtnT2LoPK9Lpo5h8N0kh5PR4aAoFHEALw_wcB

8 months later
    #277 2 years ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Finally used the pinball plate and forklift while setting up my GNR CE. Worked like a charm to hoist it up while I put legs on

That is why I always wanted one with the forklift attachment.

As I'd gotten older, my days of setting them up by myself are over. No more front legs on. Set down. Lift game and support on a knee and put the rear legs on.

1 year later
    #393 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinash:

an someone explain to me how to adjust (in my case loosen) the chain tension?

Page 5 help ?

https://www.gappower.com/custom/store/pdf?id=2QBBN0CKE45V4SB1

1 month later
    #448 1 year ago
    Quoted from PlanetExpress:

Any feedback from those who’ve used both as to which is most useful for pinball machines?

I don't have an Escalara, just a regular two wheeler appliance dolly.

I like the big wheels all the time. Easy to pull the handles back and move on any surface. Easy to go up and down on a curb or single stair. The small wheels are kind of okay for a hard flat surface. Or to rest the cart if you have it balanced on the big wheels and small wheels.

You can raise and lower the big wheels to what works best for you. If they hold air, check the tire pressure occasionally.

9 months later
    #518 11 months ago
    Quoted from Scot0308:

Anyone have any ideas on a cheaper ramp

I found locally a ramp like this. Without the anti skid stuff, plain folding aluminum ramp. Was at an outlet store for $30.00.

ebay.com link: itm

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ltg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/escalera-powered-stair-climber-hand-truck-ok-for-nice-wood-stairs?tu=ltg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.