(Topic ID: 270835)

Escalera Powered Stair Climber information thread.

By rai

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 595 posts
  • 117 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by P1nhead
  • Topic is favorited by 76 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RLA-HC (resized).png
    steps going down (resized).jpg
    steps going up (resized).jpg
    IMG_1345 (resized).jpeg
    20230828_144634_compress99 (resized).jpg
    20230828_144618_compress67 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1698 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1695 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1703 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1405 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flipper_mcgavin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#454 1 year ago

When using the pinball plate on the forks, do the machines rest on the plywood edges (the wood with the cabinet art), or do the machines rest of the particle board bottom? Sometimes i do not trust those particle board floors, I've seen them bust out before.

1 month later
    #485 1 year ago

I just bought the forklift version a few days ago, it came with a few of the good accessories.
    Haven't used the electric stairstepping with a machine yet. How do you get over the sills of front doors? I have 1 step to make for the front door, but then I have small crevices where the front door sill is. Do the regular wheels (non big wheel attachment) roll over sills decently?

#489 1 year ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

The small wheels don't roll too easily over them, but you just used the stair climbers and it'll lift the whole thing over the bump. Pretty easy!

Is my front door sill missing something? I would hate to use the stairclimbing pads on those thin raised metal risings, it would pierce right through the pads and damage them.

20221215_183426 (resized).jpg20221215_183426 (resized).jpg
    #491 1 year ago

Yes. I raise my escalera from the outside porch onto that flat metal sill, then use the stairclimbing feet to catch the house floor tile that is beyond the threshold. I practiced and noticed the escalera begins rolling back down onto the outside porch when it is resting on the flat metal sill, so I assume I need to immediately use the wheel brake when I lift from outside onto the sill that way it does not roll back down onto the porch.

#493 1 year ago
    Quoted from flipnout1:

The easiest way to get over thresholds is to use the Big Wheels. Raise the Big Wheels up and into the room, push down on the handle to lift the smaller front wheels and roll into the room.

How do I keep the Escalera rested on that narrow metal flat sill while simultaneously putting on the big wheels? I have a 6" drop immediately outside my front door, so I'd have to remove my big wheels to come up to that sill beforehand.

#495 1 year ago
    Quoted from flipnout1:

Not sure I understand the question but let me try. If you are coming in then put the big wheels on before you get to the sill. Back up with the front wheels against the sill Tip it back and the big wheels should be in the house.
    If you are going out then reverse the process. Basically you are pivoting over the sill

Thank you for helping explain. With the big wheels on, I am unable to get the Escalera to pivot at enough of an angle for the stairclimbing feet to catch anything up onto that sill. I only played with it for a couple minutes so I'll practice more tomorrow.

20221220_183631 (resized).jpg20221220_183631 (resized).jpg

#497 1 year ago

Got it. When I picture that in my head, it seems like so much weight to try and pivot on the big wheels onto that sill all by myself. But it must be easier to do than I am thinking.

3 months later
    #512 11 months ago

When you receive the step edge detector, write how easy or difficult it is to install. I had an Escalera tech tell me that they recommend installing it themselves rather than me, so I'm not sure how finicky it is to install.

2 months later
    #533 9 months ago
    Quoted from flipnout1:

This appears to be a QLA-HC and not a MLA-HC. Notice the swivel wheels toward the back of the forks and not on the front. Made primarily to pick up, move, and then stack things.

I have an MLA-HC with swivel casters at the rear. I was told by Escalera before that rear swivels are specific to the non-removeable forklift models.

1 week later
    #540 9 months ago

Dudah, have you tried moving a pinball machine with your forklift? I'd like to try and build something so that I can easily keep a machine flush with the forks, since our forklift models have the forklift permanently attached to the StairCat.

#544 9 months ago

I have both that plate and the longer pinball plate. It rests on top of the forks so it actually increases the height a tiny bit more. This is the only drawback to the models with the non-removeable forklift, as you can't easily slip a hand truck plate under the machine when rested upright on the floor. I have to rock the machine back and forth to get it to catch onto the forks/plate.

1 month later
    #556 7 months ago
    Quoted from SiN13:

I had a question about the pinball plate that attaches to the forks. When we put it on the forks there were 4 pins, 2 on each side, we pushed those in as far as they would go but they barely start to go into the matching holes on the forks. The plate has some wiggle but isn't going to slide off. I guess I figured it would attach more snugly. Is this normal for this accessory?

Yes. Same thing here with mine. There always seem to be 2 of the 4 metal pins that are in the holes at any given time. Never had any problem with it, maybe if you have a lot of weight concentrated only at the very tip end of the plate then it could pop off.

5 months later
    #578 44 days ago

If your Escalera was stored upstairs and the battery drained 100% from not being trickle charged, it won't be able to go down the staircase.

#580 43 days ago

I just meant the battery still needed to be able to have the tiny enough power to still rotate the chains, that's what I saw in their instructional video. The video showed that you'll always have enough power to get down if you make it partly up a staircase and get stuck, because the battery at least had enough charge to get you partly up it. I didn't know about the lithium battery dying immediately like that, good to know and i won't replace to it.

1 month later
    #594 7 days ago

It's $3500 brand new on Handtrucks2go, where Escalera's real MSRPs are. Escalera needs to properly discount this floor model.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flipper_mcgavin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/escalera-powered-stair-climber-hand-truck-ok-for-nice-wood-stairs?tu=flipper_mcgavin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.