(Topic ID: 270835)

Escalera Powered Stair Climber information thread.

By rai

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 600 posts
  • 118 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 days ago by evileye
  • Topic is favorited by 76 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RLA-HC (resized).png
    steps going down (resized).jpg
    steps going up (resized).jpg
    IMG_1345 (resized).jpeg
    20230828_144634_compress99 (resized).jpg
    20230828_144618_compress67 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1698 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1695 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1703 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1405 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Grangeomatic.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#423 1 year ago

Ok, my buddy has an escalera, but it won’t currently work in my basement due to these stairs.
    Any suggestions on how I might be able to make it work?
    I was thinking about creating some temporary step changers to make the flat parts larger, and possibly making some of the steps taller. Anyone know if this might work, and/or what the tallest step is that an Escalera can handle?

Thanks,
    Jeff

DDFA8C72-0ECA-4D7A-B4A0-4D62B5F28A25 (resized).jpegDDFA8C72-0ECA-4D7A-B4A0-4D62B5F28A25 (resized).jpeg
    #426 1 year ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

How do you get pins down there now?

With a lot of hard work. We use a regular dolly to strap the pin in and give us some handles. As we get to the corner, the pin needs to go more vertical than usual on the dolly.
    Going down is MUCH easier than going up, of course.
    Wider bodies are a bit more painful (and generally need to go even more vertical - have moved Road Show and Demo Man successfully)

Doing one machine is doable, then I/we call it a day (I’m 52 years old). For the MGC last November, I re-hired the guys that moved me into the house to move them up, then back down, because I was moving 7 machines at that time. They didn’t use a dolly on the stairs, but they’re younger, stronger and in better shape than me (and my buddies).

I’ve seen the Escalera in action at my old house (with straight stairs) and am basically looking for a way to make it work at this house, because I was thoroughly impressed.

Jeff

#436 1 year ago

Correction on my current process with a standard dolly…it’s been a while since I’ve personally moved a machine up the stairs:

From the floor, we dolly it up to step #2. These are straight rolls for the wheels.
    Rolling up the next few steps forces a turn on the machine because the steps are turning. As I recall, these turns don’t really correspond with the available space for a big machine on the dolly (or maybe they just don’t keep us in the center of the steps - don’t really recall).
    So from step #2 to about step #6 (so for the next 4 steps or so) we have to carry the machine, more vertically than normal, and gradually turn it 90 degrees.
    Once we get to about step #6 or so, the steps are straight again, so we set it down, rest a moment, and go back to standard dolly rolling.

This is why I was thinking about doing a temporary “restructuring” of the steps that might allow more dolly usage, and thought if that works, can I do it so my buddy’s Escalera could be used?

Just not sure how realistic this idea is…

Jeff

1C21A89D-AE3A-4D32-A01F-18964512ED0C (resized).jpeg1C21A89D-AE3A-4D32-A01F-18964512ED0C (resized).jpeg
    #445 1 year ago

Thanks for the input.
    I’ll do some math on the 10” lift for the Escalera and see if I can come up with anything. It might take a while.
    I used to have a Lectro Truck (bought it at MGC) but after I moved, I couldn’t figure a way to make it work on my curved stairs, so I sold it. If I can come up with something for the Escalera, it might’ve also worked for the Lectro Truck.

Jeff

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Grangeomatic.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/escalera-powered-stair-climber-hand-truck-ok-for-nice-wood-stairs?tu=Grangeomatic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.