(Topic ID: 270835)

Escalera Powered Stair Climber information thread.

By rai

11 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 278 posts
  • 65 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Photo on 4-4-21 at 4.31 PM (resized).jpg
    75C7B098-1AF4-40C0-9D17-7FC2DA9BF519 (resized).jpeg
    Rubber_Part (resized).png
    20210120_083355 (resized).jpg
    D5FE76E5-F245-4358-B832-079037A7DAB5 (resized).jpeg
    38E56D6C-F2E7-4645-A25A-8CC741E2668C (resized).jpeg
    C8CB8836-1437-4580-B038-FED58D16C994 (resized).jpeg
    BB9737F6-1C8B-434B-813D-B9452D92E5E7 (resized).jpeg
    81D6E40C-7470-4BF5-A364-518EFC3BC6E4 (resized).jpeg
    BC7E8E89-4784-41CE-B524-9805DE0E92EE (resized).jpeg
    D646A852-0601-4CFB-8D47-AC7CCE165E2B (resized).jpeg
    33F2521F-4C56-4D33-8662-B847425EB13C (resized).jpeg
    3D42E09E-172C-4063-A67F-6F64A498AB24 (resized).jpeg
    12E4048C-8627-40C0-A1E0-B57F091C9849 (resized).jpeg
    04433559-EA4A-4292-9461-3691EA1E1F9B (resized).jpeg
    2FF6145A-ABC0-4090-A4C2-126C440B95AD (resized).jpeg

There are 278 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
    #251 3 months ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

I have a similar set-up but mine is 83' x 45". I have a Lectro-Truck and have no issue rotating the dolly on the tile surface taking pins & slots up or down. Worst-case, unstrap the game and slide it over, push it out a bit and put the dolly back in place.
    I've moved NIB Sterns into my basement and did not have to unstrap. But again, my smallest measurement is 45", not 35.

So what happens when the Lectro-Truck pins you against the wall as you get to the top? How heavy is your unit? About the same weight as a new Stern? How much does a Lectro-Truck cost? About twice what an Escalera does? Asking for a friend of course.

#252 3 months ago
    Quoted from flipnout1:

So what happens when the Lectro-Truck pins you against the wall as you get to the top? How heavy is your unit? About the same weight as a new Stern? How much does a Lectro-Truck cost? About twice what an Escalera does? Asking for a friend of course.

1. It doesn't. Remember, my landing is 45" deep though.
    2. 85# IIRC. It's the smallest aluminum model. Not their 225# steel monster with a lift capacity of 1500# or so. This one is only rated at 600#. No issue moving 600# gun safes.
    3. IIRC $2200.00 around 2005. Shipping was included as I bought it at an AMOA/ASI show that was held in Chicago that year. Shipping was a show special.

Innovative Moving Systems always has a booth at the operator trade shows. I recall them at AMOA shows in the early '80's and maybe the first one I attended a few years earlier.

Larry, as I told you at one of the Pinball Expos, had I known about the Escalera, I would have bought one. From you if I knew you distributed them back when I needed one.

I have pointed others your way, when you sold Escalara's. Look in your Escalara price increase thread you started four years ago for an example.

1 month later
    #253 53 days ago

Just did my first trip down some stairs with a game. I had my wife spot me but not needed. It is more mental than anything.

1 month later
    #254 15 days ago

Does anybody know where I can order the hard rubber feet (highlighted/circled)?
    Mine are crumbling away
    Rubber_Part (resized).png

#255 15 days ago
    Quoted from boogies:

Mine are crumbling away
    [quoted image]

I'm fairly certain you have to replace the whole chain assembly. But call escalera and ask them. Their tech support is superb.

#256 15 days ago

How much slack, if any, does everyone have in their chain assembly? I feel like mine has few extra links. I always thought it should be tight like a bicycle.

#257 15 days ago
    Quoted from marioparty34:

How much slack, if any, does everyone have in their chain assembly? I feel like mine has few extra links. I always thought it should be tight like a bicycle.

If anything like dirt bikes, they stretch over time, hence the need to replace once in a while.

#259 15 days ago
    Quoted from boogies:

Mine are crumbling away
    [quoted image]

Contact escalera, I got mine from them. I am sure Zach at flipnout can get them for you too. Easy to replace.

#260 15 days ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm fairly certain you have to replace the whole chain assembly. But call escalera and ask them. Their tech support is superb.

Nope - can get the feet alone direct from escalera

#261 15 days ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Nope - can get the feet alone direct from escalera

Fantastic. Is there any way to downvote my own post?

Sorry, boogies ...

#262 15 days ago
    Quoted from MrMikeman:

If anything like dirt bikes, they stretch over time, hence the need to replace once in a while.

Has anyone replaced their chain? Is it difficult to do? How long would you estimate it takes for a semi handy person?

#263 15 days ago
    Quoted from boogies:

Mine are crumbling away
    [quoted image]

Yep, I had to replace mine maybe a year ago. Just emailed Zach, easy to swap.

#264 11 days ago
    Quoted from boogies:

Mine are crumbling away

I ordered a set from Zach a year or two ago i think it was like $100 for all four plus hardware.... Just reach out to him. ZMeny

#265 6 days ago

Does anyone have a video or photo on how to use the forklift attachment with a nib machine on the pallet? I want to move it with the pallet but can’t figure out how the forklift goes under the pallet .. me dumb

75C7B098-1AF4-40C0-9D17-7FC2DA9BF519 (resized).jpeg
    #266 6 days ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Does anyone have a video or photo on how to use the forklift attachment with a nib machine on the pallet? I want to move it with the pallet but can’t figure out how the forklift goes under the pallet .. me dumb[quoted image]

It goes right into the two spaces in the middle of the pallet...not actually under the pallet. (Although I usually just cut the straps, slide the box off, and transport it without the pallet on the big plate attachment. Saves weight that way.)

#267 6 days ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Does anyone have a video or photo on how to use the forklift attachment with a nib machine on the pallet? I want to move it with the pallet but can’t figure out how the forklift goes under the pallet .. me dumb[quoted image]

Its not going to work the way you want it to unless you want to pick up the pallet and slide it on the forks because the attachments front wheels are in the way. One use case it will work is when you have a pallet in the back of a pickup truck but thats been about it for me. Big disappointment, I would save your money. Kinda defeats the whole purpose in my mind. If you got yours from someone in the pinball industry they were being disingenuous.

#268 6 days ago
    Quoted from Rhombus:

Its not going to work the way you want it to unless you want to pick up the pallet and slide it on the forks because the attachments front wheels are in the way. One use case it will work is when you have a pallet in the back of a pickup truck but thats been about it for me. Big disappointment, I would save your money. Kinda defeats the whole purpose in my mind. If you got yours from someone in the pinball industry they were being disingenuous.

Well, you can downvote away, but it worked fine for me with my last delivery.

#269 6 days ago
    Quoted from Rhombus:

Thats what I thought. I was like physically looking at the pallet and there is no way. Unless the bottom of the pallet didnt have wood crossing it like this pallet does.

#270 6 days ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Thats what I thought. I was like physically looking at the pallet and there is no way. Unless the bottom of the pallet didnt have wood crossing it like this pallet does.

TBH even without the wood crossings it's not really effective because of the size of the pallet. The forks aren't long enough and the pallet will want to tip. I always take off the pallet to move the boxes and I use the lift plate (not the pinball plate - just the regular escalera lift plate).

#271 6 days ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Right. Mine didn't have that which is why it worked for me. Didn't know there were different pallets - I missed that class in college.

#272 6 days ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Right. Mine didn't have that which is why it worked for me. Didn't know there were different pallets - I missed that class in college.

I think I missed the whole semester of commercial shipping practices because I still get surprised. Unfortunately I haven't had the right kind of pallet yet! 10 NIB and counting including last weeks GnR LE. But like you said, its really just easier to truck the box without the pallet.

#273 6 days ago

Having received many a palletted game I used the Escalera with the fork lift attachment to remove it right off the truck. I had two 4x4 pieces of wood to set it down on so you can get the forks out from under the pallet. The forks are long enough to do this. The forks do not need to go all the way to the other side. If you are uncomfortable with that simply put the strap around the box. Just realize that you cannot raise or lower the game with the strap around the box.

Larry

#274 6 days ago
    Quoted from flipnout1:

Having received many a palletted game I used the Escalera with the fork lift attachment to remove it right off the truck. I had two 4x4 pieces of wood to set it down on so you can get the forks out from under the pallet. The forks are long enough to do this. The forks do not need to go all the way to the other side. If you are uncomfortable with that simply put the strap around the box. Just realize that you cannot raise or lower the game with the strap around the box.
    Larry

Wow miss you man! Hope you and the wife are enjoying retirement!!!!

#275 6 days ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Wow miss you man! Hope you and the wife are enjoying retirement!!!!

Thanks for that. We are definitely enjoying the beach life. Take care of my crane for me.

Larry

#276 5 days ago

Finally used the pinball plate and forklift while setting up my GNR CE. Worked like a charm to hoist it up while I put legs on

Photo on 4-4-21 at 4.31 PM (resized).jpg
    #277 5 days ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Finally used the pinball plate and forklift while setting up my GNR CE. Worked like a charm to hoist it up while I put legs on

That is why I always wanted one with the forklift attachment.

As I'd gotten older, my days of setting them up by myself are over. No more front legs on. Set down. Lift game and support on a knee and put the rear legs on.

LTG : )

#278 5 days ago
    Quoted from LTG:

That is why I always wanted one with the forklift attachment.
    As I'd gotten older, my days of setting them up by myself are over. No more front legs on. Set down. Lift game and support on a knee and put the rear legs on.
    LTG : )

Yes this thing was a blessing, I was pleasantly surprised by ease of use , especially sparing my back and knees.

There are 278 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside