Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 59 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by BladeFury
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4649 (resized).JPG
    There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 7 years ago

FYI folks, Escalera has notified me that they will be raising prices in February. I don't know when it will become effective or how much the increase will be. I wanted to give everyone a chance to order now to beat the increase if you happen to be sitting on the fence and thinking of getting one. Call me or email me and get your order in now. We will be at the Louisville and Texas shows in March so if you order now I can bring it to the show for you and save shipping!

[email protected]

#2 7 years ago

you'll also save your back using one

#3 7 years ago

Just picked up one from Larry. This thing is amazing. My back is happy.

#4 7 years ago

Friend and I ordered one from Larry last year. An Escalera is a life saver when it comes to moving pins up or down stairs.

#5 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pmaino:

Just picked up one from Larry. This thing is amazing. My back is happy.

Sure. *Now* you get one.

#6 7 years ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

Sure. *Now* you get one.

Haha. We now have it for the next pin you buy from me. Plus I have a paragon coming which I figure is really heavy.

#7 7 years ago

So where's the boycott thread?! Tell them no!!

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pmaino:

Haha. We now have it for the next pin you buy from me. Plus I have a paragon coming which I figure is really heavy.

Paragon isn't too bad. And you'd have the head off to move it anyhow. Try a STTNG, Road Show, or TZ.

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

Paragon isn't too bad. And you'd have the head off to move it anyhow. Try a STTNG, Road Show, or TZ.

Moved a TZ out of my basement. That was brutal.

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pmaino:

Paragon will be nothing compared to TZ.

#11 7 years ago

Moved two cruisin USA games with mine last week. Awesome. On a side note when negotiating a buy from someone with a game in the basement. Being able to say "oh I can get that out without your help" goes a long way.

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pmaino:

Oh yeah, been there. A friend and I moved a Hobbit into the basement earlier this year using an Escalera. I think that game weighs 75-100lbs more then a TZ... The Escalera moved it no problem but it seemed slightly slower moving it compared to other games, lol.

#13 7 years ago

Moved my JD upstairs for the 1st time from my basement. That SUCKED!! We have a good method on the way down, but up is a bitch. Escalera would have been nice to have. Out of my price range tho since it's rare for them to move out of the basement

#14 7 years ago

pricing is already too high.. that thing isn't rocket science, it's a geared motor attached to a battery. surprised someone hasn't designed a cheaper version by now, guess it's a niche market.

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

pricing is already too high.. that thing isn't rocket science, it's a geared motor attached to a battery. surprised someone hasn't designed a cheaper version by now, guess it's a niche market.

I have Larry's full setup; handtruck, forklift, liftplate, big wheels and lift hitch.
    They're expensive, but priceless at the same time! I'm sure if there's a market someone would figure out a way to make a cheaper one. Until then, I suggest getting one from Larry before the price increase.

#16 7 years ago

I've seen the retractable load support accessory advertised. Is it fittable (nice word huh?) to a previously purchased Staircat or does it need to be ordered that way originally? I have an Escalera now and was thinking of getting the big wheel attachment or the retractable wheels (which look more convenient). Does anyone know?

Thanks,

Hogey

#17 7 years ago
    Quoted from Hogey:

I've seen the retractable load support accessory advertised. Is it fittable (nice word huh?) to a previously purchased Staircat or does it need to be ordered that way originally? I have an Escalera now and was thinking of getting the big wheel attachment or the retractable wheels (which look more convenient). Does anyone know?
    Thanks,
    Hogey

@hogey, Stay away from the retractable load support and get the big wheel attachment. I can't recommend it enough. I think its advantage is the big wheels. They make it easy to roll the Staircat over uneven surfaces like a dirt path, grass or a concrete edge.

#18 7 years ago

Want badly. Can't afford. Boo.

#19 7 years ago

The retractable load support can be added after purchase but I recommend the big wheels instead like toucanf16 said.
    Frax I take credit cards

#20 7 years ago

Thanks for the advice guys.

Hey Larry...two questions: How much does it cost to ship the big wheels? and do you typically bring some to Expo (I could pick up there)...

Thanks,

Hogey

#21 7 years ago

Usually about $25 to ship the big wheels and yes I bring them to Expo. I have them in stock
    Larry

#22 7 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

I have Larry's full setup; handtruck, forklift, liftplate, big wheels and lift hitch.
    They're expensive, but priceless at the same time! I'm sure if there's a market someone would figure out a way to make a cheaper one. Until then, I suggest getting one from Larry before the price increase.

I do too... great setup... Larry is an honest seller. Buy with confidence!

#23 7 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

I do too... great setup... Larry is an honest seller. Buy with confidence!

#24 7 years ago
    Quoted from flipnout1:

Usually about $25 to ship the big wheels and yes I bring them to Expo. I have them in stock
    Larry

How much is the big wheel attachment?

#25 7 years ago

List is $155. I sell them for $145

#26 7 years ago

I bought the big wheel attachment from Larry, it makes a huge difference, especially if you ever have to roll over grass or uneven pavement. If there is one accessory to get, the big wheels are it. The best part is that they go on and off in 2 seconds.

#27 7 years ago

Best purchase made! I ordered mine with the big wheel kit and a second strap which helps with DMD games. The big wheel kit comes off with one foot and rolls over anything. After three years and over 40 machines moved with it I added the grip handle. Only regret is I didn't own one sooner!

#28 7 years ago

I have the forklift attachment. Yes, it's an expensive option but I move my games on unassisted and it allows me to lift my games in and out of my pickup. The forklift and lift plate make this a simple task. And the hitch kit allows me to transport a pinball machine and the Staircat at the same time.

#29 7 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

I have the forklift attachment. Yes, it's an expensive option but I move my games on unassisted and it allows me to lift my games in and out of my pickup. The forklift and lift plate make this a simple task. And the hitch kit allows me to transport a pinball machine and the Staircat at the same time.

Agreed. The forklift with lift plate is indispensable to me. I use it like a lift cart while restoring a game. I can raise and lower the game as needed and can wheel it around. I love the forklift. The added grip handle/cross bar really should come from the factory like that. It is much easier to balance the load with one hand on the cross bar and the other operating the switch.

#30 7 years ago
    Quoted from Skins:

Agreed. The forklift with lift plate is indispensable to me. I use it like a lift cart while restoring a game. I can raise and lower the game as needed and can wheel it around. I love the forklift. The added grip handle/cross bar really should come from the factory like that. It is much easier to balance the load with one hand on the cross bar and the other operating the switch.

It's a very handy thing to have... I use it to life games in and out of my truck, too. Ground needs to be fairly level to do it...but it's a great feature.

Also, the forklift allows you to attach the escalera to your hitch.

#31 7 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Want badly. Can't afford. Boo.

Although I haven't done so yet, there's a place here in Northern Virginia that rents them by the day pretty affordably (~$80). I figure if I only need the tool a couple of times per year that's a much better deal than maintaining one and figuring where to keep the darned thing anyway.

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync adapter kit

#32 7 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

Although I haven't done so yet, there's a place here in Northern Virginia that rents them by the day pretty affordably (~$80). I figure if I only need the tool a couple of times per year that's a much better deal than maintaining one and figuring where to keep the darned thing anyway.
    kit

Found the link - it's $65 per day: http://www.rentalsunlimited.com/rental-equipment/hand-truck-stair-climbing-1200/

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync adapter

#33 7 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

Found the link - it's $65 per day: http://www.rentalsunlimited.com/rental-equipment/hand-truck-stair-climbing-1200/
    -Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync adapter

Ive found that its nice to rent, but you have to deal with shitty batteries that won't hold a good enough charge usually.

#34 7 years ago

I would like to buy this lift,can anyone point me to the Website to buy,please??Thanks!!

#35 7 years ago

Does it work when the stairs are curved? The space for the right wheel would get quite narrow in my staircase when bringing pins downstairs (it's 180 degrees)

#36 7 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

I would like to buy this lift,can anyone point me to the Website to buy,please??Thanks!!

http://www.flipnoutpinball.com/

#37 7 years ago
    Quoted from Nepi23:

Does it work when the stairs are curved? The space for the right wheel would get quite narrow in my staircase when bringing pins downstairs (it's 180 degrees)

I don't see why not as the other popular stair climber, the Lectro-Truck works fine for me on curved/circular staircases.

While I haven't used an Escalara on a circular staircase, I have used them on conventional stairs and based on how it operates (different concept than the Escalara, I believe it will work.

#38 7 years ago
    Quoted from Nepi23:

Does it work when the stairs are curved?

Not real well, unless we are talking really wide stairs. Even then I would not do it. I love my Esc, but I've also gotten hurt by playing games with it. Go up straight stairs, be careful.

#39 7 years ago
    Quoted from Nepi23:

Curved stairs are difficult. Even a standard hand truck has problems. It depends on how wide. You need to be able to get both of the lifting feet onto the step without hitting the wall with the load. An appliance dolly needs to get both belts to the edge of the step as well. I've done it with a WOZ on carpeted curved stairs so I know it works but then I've moved a crap load of games with it.

#40 7 years ago
    Quoted from flipnout1:

Frax I take credit cards

I understand, but I can't take any more debt right now. Credit cards are the worst damn thing ever...I wish I'd never gotten any to start with. The only time they ever get used, until I can get them all paid off, is for emergencies.

#41 7 years ago

Best size for pins?

#42 7 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Best size for pins?

Typically I recommend the MS-66 but sometimes it depends on your physical size and your situation. Advantages and disadvantages to each size. That's why I like to folks before they purchase so I can better recommend the best solution size and accessory wise.

#43 7 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

I understand, but I can't take any more debt right now. Credit cards are the worst damn thing ever...I wish I'd never gotten any to start with. The only time they ever get used, until I can get them all paid off, is for emergencies.

Credit cards are just a test of your math skills. Pinheads should be further along in the game by default.

#44 7 years ago

I do not regret one single cent of my Escalera purchase from Larry. If you move games up and down stairs with any kind of regularity at all one of these things is a must have.

#45 7 years ago

Larry Sent you an email!

#46 7 years ago
    Quoted from BladeFury:

Larry Sent you an email!

Just replied

#47 7 years ago

Larry is the man I can contest as well. First time I used it, went to go look at a SOF. Dude had a basement with a straight staircase of about 30 stairs. I hauled that bitch up all by myself. ESCALERA FOR THE WIN!!!

#48 7 years ago

Anyone using the big toe plate option?

#49 7 years ago

What size Escalera do most people use? MS 60 inch or MS 66 inch? I have a 60 inch and I am wondering if there are advantages to the 66 inch?

#50 7 years ago
    Quoted from LitzDoc:

What size Escalera do most people use? MS 60 inch or MS 66 inch? I have a 60 inch and I am wondering if there are advantages to the 66 inch?

Talk with Larry.

Get the 66.
    FWIW, I'm 5'9" and have the 66 inch model and only move pins. I think it depends on your height and strength. A pinball is 55" when set upright, leaving only a couple inches to spare with the MS60. I think the MS60 is too short and may not give enough leverage to handle the heavy load. The MS72 is too tall and cumbersome in tight spaces. I guess you might argue for the MS72 if you also move tall video cabinets or appliances.

Like Goldilocks, I think the MS66 is just right!

There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/escalera-just-notified-me-of-upcoming-price-increase?hl=sadler28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.