Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 264 posts
  • 96 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Indusguys
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E64E501C-14B9-466E-8844-F83A72FB8394 (resized).jpeg
    8DE5F279-B3B7-458F-9365-08F60AF9B938 (resized).jpeg
    20190815_075837 (resized).jpg
    20190815_080116 (resized).jpg
    20190815_080045 (resized).jpg
    20190517_175401 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1006 (resized).jpeg
    E42FA766-5415-442D-B816-F310F58FE78D (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    landinga (resized).JPG
    Threshold (resized).jpg
    escalera fail (resized).JPG
    77A1B610-8F90-40E3-8C8D-42E4379B037C (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider f3honda4me.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#153 5 years ago

Just ordered my escalera with removable forklift, lift plate, and big wheels from Zach at Flip N Out pinball. Zach is awesome, and was great to talk to with all of my questions. For me, the forklift attachment and custom lift plate will help me move my pins, take legs on/off, and also load into and out of the back of my SUV.

#158 5 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Glad to hear all of the stories everyone. As a reminder, Flip N Out Pinball is a proud authorized dealer of Escalera products.
    Believe me guys, if I can use one, anyone can haha. Now that I have one for the business I honestly cannot imagine maneuvering heavy pins without it, especially thinking of manually dollying one up or down a staircase ugh. Plus, with the rise of pin prices, these are the perfect accessory for a fraction of the cost of a new pin, let alone the price of your collection.
    Also, I just put in an order for in-stock inventory, so if you are interested in buying one we can have it delivered right to ya or can bring it to an upcoming show!
    Any questions, call or message me. I’m happy to help.
    Zach Meny
    Flip N Out Pinball, LLC
    847-778-4876
    [email protected][quoted image]

Very glad I ordered one. Can’t wait to get mine. No more paying movers!

3 months later
    #209 4 years ago

How awesome the escalera is. I can solo move a pin and set it up ez.

It really doesn't take much to learn it. Go slow the first time or two, pause at every step to ensure you understand what the feet are doing and how the weight will shift. After that, you can do it non stop easily, it is not hard at all to learn.

edit: to note I'm 5'5" and like 160 pounds. Not exactly a big guy. And I sometimes have knee and shoulder problems which are from a car accident.

#210 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Since we went back to team one step at a time with a nematic wheel dolly. While work mama and I trust it. In my Basement Excavation thread I note that I decided to install a low cost 120v power cable winch system. I feel much safer going that route and plan to write up how I made it in that thread. At $130 I think the investment will be worth it. I should note regarding the Escalara, I measured our basement oak stairs and the step run length is just slightly shorter by 1/4”. Not sure if that was the issue but when the units wheels would pop out it would grab the stair with Barely a 1/4” of clearance. NO room for error! I noticed most videos use nice long stairs or non carpeted stairs which I suspect would work better. For us, we are going the winch route for now.

My basement steps are carpeted and short/narrow. You just have to adjust the angle that you are breaking back the escalera accordingly. In case anyone else runs into something similar, figured I'd mention it.

Quoted from PiNDoCToR:

I've been using a Wesco Stairking for about 15 years and it's used a LOT. I feel it's built much better than the Escaleras as it has a welded magnesium frame, not a bolted together aluminum frame which feels like it racks when twisted. The Wesco is much more solid and rigid. Also has a nice ratchet strap as opposed to a makeshift car seatbelt that I have seen on the Escaleras. The few Escaleras I've seen in action, the motor is extremely loud and sounds odd to me. The only repair I've made on my Wesco unit is replacing a master link on one of the chains, which was a simple bicycle part. I've had the same battery for the whole time and it's kept plugged in 24x7. I once moved 25 pins upstairs with a single charge.
    Overall, it's been a great investment. It took a few tries to get the balance right as when you first use any of these stair-climbers regardless of the brand, you will feel like you are going to get pulled down the stairs with it, especially if you are a light-weight person. I use mine completely unassisted and I feel it's easier to use if you actually sit on the steps while using it and scoot your butt up or down one step at a time. It feels better balanced to me that way. My unit is just the base 66" unit with no forklifts, big wheels, extended toe plates, etc. I've been very happy with it overall.

For what it's worth, I've never felt like my escalera is twisting or racking under load. And I've moved the heaviest pins there are with it like JJPOTC and WOZ. But not saying there's anything wrong with the Wesco either, I'm sure it works just as well.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider f3honda4me.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/escalara-pros-amp-cons?tu=f3honda4me and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.