Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 264 posts
  • 96 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Indusguys
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E64E501C-14B9-466E-8844-F83A72FB8394 (resized).jpeg
    8DE5F279-B3B7-458F-9365-08F60AF9B938 (resized).jpeg
    20190815_075837 (resized).jpg
    20190815_080116 (resized).jpg
    20190815_080045 (resized).jpg
    20190517_175401 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1006 (resized).jpeg
    E42FA766-5415-442D-B816-F310F58FE78D (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    landinga (resized).JPG
    Threshold (resized).jpg
    escalera fail (resized).JPG
    77A1B610-8F90-40E3-8C8D-42E4379B037C (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cyroute.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#188 4 years ago

Warning Please Practice and have a spotter!!! I have been using my Escalera for at least a year now and the other week I decided to bring a game up the stairs without anyone being there to help/spot me. I made it all the way up to the last step which is slightly higher than the other steps and leaned the Escalera down slightly more than normal and the wheels slid out from the steps and proceeded to drag me and the game back down the stairs. I held on for dear life trying to slow its progress down the stairs. The Escalera ended up hitting the vertical banister at the bottom of the steps and that is the only thing that stopped it from sliding all the way back into the basement. The Escalera was now wedged in the hallway at the bottom of the stairs. I ended up having to get the neighbor to help me unwedge it and then get the game back up the stairs. The hallway wall has some pretty bad damage to the drywall when it got wedged. No damage was done to the game or the Escalera but I was sore from being drug down 8-10 steps like Superman.
    Joe

#190 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

Oh man...that sucks. Sorry this happened, but glad it wasn't worse. That said, this is exactly the reason I would NEVER use a spotter. Had this happened with someone under you, do you really think they could have caught it? Even if they had a hold of it and were braced and ready, that's still a lot of weight for one person to suddenly hold. Scary stuff.

Yes I think they would of seen the wheels coming off the ledge and held it there or warned me. It did not go down fast off the first step kinda slipped then went slow until about 3 steps down. Normally when I have help they put constant pressure on the game as if they are helping the Escalara lif it up the stairs.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cyroute.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/escalara-pros-amp-cons?tu=cyroute and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.