Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 264 posts
  • 96 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Indusguys
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E64E501C-14B9-466E-8844-F83A72FB8394 (resized).jpeg
    8DE5F279-B3B7-458F-9365-08F60AF9B938 (resized).jpeg
    20190815_075837 (resized).jpg
    20190815_080116 (resized).jpg
    20190815_080045 (resized).jpg
    20190517_175401 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1006 (resized).jpeg
    E42FA766-5415-442D-B816-F310F58FE78D (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    landinga (resized).JPG
    Threshold (resized).jpg
    escalera fail (resized).JPG
    77A1B610-8F90-40E3-8C8D-42E4379B037C (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Yelobird.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#125 5 years ago

The only input I would give any new buyer is Buy the Longer unit! I believe its 66"? This detail is not often covered with peoples success stories as to which unit they have. Not saying they aren't both great but I think that added length Really helps with the so called load triangle and definitely makes a difference. Ask Larry all questions he loves to help and Know you are buying from a grade A seller granted an old guy....lol

3 months later
    #159 5 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

Very glad I ordered one. Can’t wait to get mine. No more paying movers!

Just be careful and Practice practice practice before moving a game!!! While a Huge help without practice it can fight you quickly. Congrats and you bought it from the best dealer out there.

1 week later
    #176 5 years ago
    Quoted from flipnout1:

Sounds like you also have the RLS (retractable load support option) on your hand truck along with the Big Wheels. I typically recommend one or the other but not both. Like you said its hard to release the RLS with your foot but can be done. I just use the Big Wheels to accomplish the same thing. You can always set the game down and then release the RLS so that would alleviate your fear of dumping the game. With the RLS it does add weight to the hand truck so one of the disadvantages of that option. If you think the Escalera is heavy try lifting a Lectro Truck or Powermate. Both are almost twice the weight.
    Larry

Hey you! Get back to the beach you don't have to sell anymore that Zach's job now! lol Thanks for the Many wonderful years of support and kind professional service. Best to you and your wife you will never be forgotten!!!

3 months later
    #185 4 years ago
    Quoted from zaphX:

Excited to use my Escalara...waiting for a new pin to do so.
    I had this cover made for it in the interim so it doesn't get all dusty and cobwebbed.
    [quoted image]

A “dolly bag” cleaver. Take time to do Much practicing!! Almost lost my first machine ever not being prepared. Go slow and be safe.

#200 4 years ago
    Quoted from cyroute:

Warning Please Practice and have a spotter!!! I have been using my Escalera for at least a year now and the other week I decided to bring a game up the stairs without anyone being there to help/spot me. I made it all the way up to the last step which is slightly higher than the other steps and leaned the Escalera down slightly more than normal and the wheels slid out from the steps and proceeded to drag me and the game back down the stairs. I held on for dear life trying to slow its progress down the stairs. The Escalera ended up hitting the vertical banister at the bottom of the steps and that is the only thing that stopped it from sliding all the way back into the basement. The Escalera was now wedged in the hallway at the bottom of the stairs. I ended up having to get the neighbor to help me unwedge it and then get the game back up the stairs. The hallway wall has some pretty bad damage to the drywall when it got wedged. No damage was done to the game or the Escalera but I was sore from being drug down 8-10 steps like Superman.
    Joe

Sad to admit I had the Exact same experience. Scary as hell. The Escalara was for sale the following week. Really wanted it to work but we were instantly afraid of it,from then on.

#202 4 years ago
    Quoted from zaphX:

Yikes. So yelobird how do you get games up sets of stairs now?

Since we went back to team one step at a time with a nematic wheel dolly. While work mama and I trust it. In my Basement Excavation thread I note that I decided to install a low cost 120v power cable winch system. I feel much safer going that route and plan to write up how I made it in that thread. At $130 I think the investment will be worth it. I should note regarding the Escalara, I measured our basement oak stairs and the step run length is just slightly shorter by 1/4”. Not sure if that was the issue but when the units wheels would pop out it would grab the stair with Barely a 1/4” of clearance. NO room for error! I noticed most videos use nice long stairs or non carpeted stairs which I suspect would work better. For us, we are going the winch route for now.

2 months later
    #236 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Love hearing these stories. Keep em coming! The new standard Escaleras are rated for 1200lbs which is even better to help with the large jobs. As always, they take a bit of getting used to, but once learned it’s a game changer in many ways.

Stories? I used the Escalara to remove an ATM from the local gas station in Evansville. That thing weighed a ton and loading it into the Bone moving truck was super simple! Kidding aside (or not....) if your stairs accommodate this lift there is None better on the market and No more reliable dealer to buy from anywhere!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Yelobird.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/escalara-pros-amp-cons?tu=Yelobird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.