Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 264 posts
  • 96 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Indusguys
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E64E501C-14B9-466E-8844-F83A72FB8394 (resized).jpeg
    8DE5F279-B3B7-458F-9365-08F60AF9B938 (resized).jpeg
    20190815_075837 (resized).jpg
    20190815_080116 (resized).jpg
    20190815_080045 (resized).jpg
    20190517_175401 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1006 (resized).jpeg
    E42FA766-5415-442D-B816-F310F58FE78D (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    landinga (resized).JPG
    Threshold (resized).jpg
    escalera fail (resized).JPG
    77A1B610-8F90-40E3-8C8D-42E4379B037C (resized).jpeg
    There are 264 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
    #251 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Just read the whole thread!
    Although briefly touched on it...few questions.
    Carpet, thick carpet and one 90 deg landing. Will it stay balanced and how is it on thick carpet? Uneven stone stairs into house.
    Sadly basement to first floor stairs from garage are 2 inches to narrow for pinball heads.
    What's the opinion here please.
    Thanks in advance.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Although not ideal, the Escalera can certainly work. I often tell people that 90 degree landings suck for pinball machines regardless of Escalera or typical handtruck. Carpet is usually not an issue unless it’s saggy over the step. The stone stairs are doable too but that one step looks like it’s lacking a lip so be careful there.

As people use any method for transporting pinball machines, every different setup will require its own tips and techniques, as well as practice and support initially until you get a system that works for you. I’ll be happy to help in the process, give me a call or shoot me an email and we can figure out what will work best for you and your unique setup.

#252 4 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

Maybe I will call escalara. I did email zach but didn't get anything back. Maybe I'll try a pm.

Sorry my friend I didn’t see your message! Shoot me another and we will get you taken care of. My apologies if I missed it.

#253 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Sorry my friend I didn’t see your message! Shoot me another and we will get you taken care of. My apologies if I missed it.

Rock on, sent another email over let me know if it comes through!

1 week later
    #254 4 years ago

Yet another reason why YOU need an Escalera Stair-Climbing Handtruck. This Hitch Accessory makes travel with the Escalera Forklift Model easy and doesn’t take up any space in your vehicle. Attaches to the hitch and you’re ready to go! So freaking cool!

Order yours now at
    Flip N Out Pinball
    [email protected]

8DE5F279-B3B7-458F-9365-08F60AF9B938 (resized).jpeg8DE5F279-B3B7-458F-9365-08F60AF9B938 (resized).jpeg
    #255 4 years ago
    E64E501C-14B9-466E-8844-F83A72FB8394 (resized).jpegE64E501C-14B9-466E-8844-F83A72FB8394 (resized).jpeg
    #256 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Yet another reason why YOU need an Escalera Stair-Climbing Handtruck.

I am very pleased with my Escalera! I'm very comfortable with it now and have easily taken games up and down stairs a half dozen times.
    Thanks Zach!

1 month later
    #257 4 years ago

Well, the curse of owning an Escalara finally struck me this morning as my brother called to help him move a 500+ pound fireproof filing cabinet from an estate sale. Involved going up stairs, down stairs and up a ramp. Worked like a charm. Boy those things are heavy!

#258 4 years ago
    Quoted from Crile1:

Well, the curse of owning an Escalara finally struck me this morning as my brother called to help him move a 500+ pound fireproof filing cabinet from an estate sale. Involved going up stairs, down stairs and up a ramp. Worked like a charm. Boy those things are heavy!

Hahaha The Escalera Curse! Buddies paying you back for helping lug previous pinball machines. I love it. Glad it took care of the beast of a safe

4 weeks later
    #259 4 years ago

My knee gave out several years back moving a (very heavy) Roadshow out of a well-known collector's basement, and up very steep concrete steps through Bilko doors. We save the pin from damage, but my knee surgery (complex bucket-handle tear) was over $60k. Insurance covered most. Seller didn’t want to know me after that ... but that’s another story.

When I moved from my ranch home in North Jersey to our current 100 year old place in Asbury Park (down the street from the Silverball Museum), I brought the Escalera. There’s only one place for my pins ... in the cellar. Pins need to travel to and from my rear gravel driveway, across the back lawn, down the side gravel walkway, one step into a side entry, turned 90 degrees, and then 6 steps down into the cellar. All 11 pins in my collection, and a Taito Ice Cold Beer all went in the same way. Oh, and the heads needed to be removed. ”Labor of Love” sums it up, and perhaps a bit of an understatement. I made it all happen though with an Escalera MS-66 and Big Wheel attachment. Without it I would not have kept my collection. Worth every penny.

I highly recommend Larry @ FlipNOut Pinball. His price was great, and his customer service was flawless.

#260 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinster68:

I highly recommend Larry @ FlipNOut Pinball. His price was great, and his customer service was flawless.

Now Zach. Larry retired.

LTG : )

#261 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Now Zach. Larry retired.
    LTG : )

Zach is good people. I bought the Step Edge Detection system from him and had no problems whatsoever. Friendly on the phone and everything ordered and arrived in short order.

I, by the way, love the Step Edge Detection. I had to put on a new toe plate, which was a bear on my rusty old Escalera. I know some folks seem to say it is a waste of money but with my worn and slightly scooped stairs, I have 100% confidence now. Those puppies lock on shortly after hitting the next stair when I hold at the correct angle. Makes for less stress and strain, physically and mentally.

11 months later
    #262 3 years ago
    Quoted from Crile1:

Does the escalera provide locomotion while on a ramp? I'm considering renting one to go up a truck ramp for a house move.

#263 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jarson:

Does the escalera provide locomotion while on a ramp? I'm considering renting one to go up a truck ramp for a house move.

No.
    Unless climbing stairs (or deadlifting straight up if you buy the forklift style attachment), it's just a fancy (and insanely heavy) hand truck/appliance dolly

BUT ...

I would never be without one again!
    Just this past year I have used my Escalera more than 50 trips up and down stairs

LOVE it and got mine from Zach too

#264 3 years ago

I am wondering which set of Escalera portable stairs will work best for my F-250?

There are 264 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/escalara-pros-amp-cons/page/6?hl=crile1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.